IGNORED

Confirmed: Tiger and Stevie split

rebby
Note: This thread is 4654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you get all your information from?!?! Is this Rich Lerner hiding behind a sandtrap profile??

Man.... I know the first person I need to go to when I want to know when Tiger trims his toe nails

Originally Posted by MrElculver2424

No, don't think Foley is going anywhere. Tiger believes in what Sean is teaching him...and he made it work in the final round of the Masters this year. That's the great Foley game (besides the putting part). If he can play like that all the time, he's going to have a very successful future.

According to this article on PGATour.com, most of the other players on the Tour think Fanny will most likely be Tiger's caddy. But the only thing I have to say about that is...does she live in Europe? If she does, I'm not sure she'd be willing to relocate to the U.S. to caddy full-time for Tiger on the PGA Tour.

http://tourreport.pgatour.com/2011/07/21/speculation-soars-over-woods-next-caddie/

Kip

“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course--the distance between your ears.“ -Bobby Jones

TaylorMade R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* w/Aldila RIP 70-X TaylorMade V-Steel 15* w/MAS Ultralite 65-X Titleist AP2 3-P upright 0.5* w/ Project X 6.0 +1" TaylorMade Rac TP 52* 8* bounce Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 11* bounce, 60* 7* bounce Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5

Originally Posted by LfSideStrngSide

Where do you get all your information from?!?! Is this Rich Lerner hiding behind a sandtrap profile??

Man.... I know the first person I need to go to when I want to know when Tiger trims his toe nails

Haven't you ever heard of something called an "internet article", or "story"?

I read a lot and keep updated on everything. I'm a big fan of golf and Tiger.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

Haha well that's certainly obvious. Just wondering if big fan should be replaced with man crush

Haven't you ever heard of something called an "internet article", or "story"?

I read a lot and keep updated on everything. I'm a big fan of golf and Tiger.

Kip

“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course--the distance between your ears.“ -Bobby Jones

TaylorMade R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* w/Aldila RIP 70-X TaylorMade V-Steel 15* w/MAS Ultralite 65-X Titleist AP2 3-P upright 0.5* w/ Project X 6.0 +1" TaylorMade Rac TP 52* 8* bounce Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 11* bounce, 60* 7* bounce Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5

Haha well that's certainly obvious. Just wondering if big fan should be replaced with man crush

No, lol. Tiger's not the only golfer I like. I'm a big fan of Phil, Stricker, Fowler, and a bunch more players.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

No, lol. Tiger's not the only golfer I like. I'm a big fan of Phil, Stricker, Fowler, and a bunch more players.

Haha well its hard to tell because it seems like all of your posts, at least the ones I've seen, are revolving around him!

Kip

Haha well its hard to tell because it seems like all of your posts, at least the ones I've seen, are revolving around him!

Yes, he's my favorite. But that doesn't mean I don't like others.

Greg Norman in an interview earlier to Jason Sobel: "As good as Steve Williams was for me, Tony Navarro was far better… I think Tony would be wonderful for Tiger."

Pure speculation here, but I'm wondering if Foley had any influence on letting Steve go.  Foley is big on the mental stuff and I'm sure Williams had an opinion (not sure if good or bad) on what Foley was doing with Tiger.  Foley could be encouraging Tiger to clear house and start fresh with someone that's more accepting of Foley's techniques.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Pure speculation here, but I'm wondering if Foley had any influence on letting Steve go.  Foley is big on the mental stuff and I'm sure Williams had an opinion (not sure if good or bad) on what Foley was doing with Tiger.  Foley could be encouraging Tiger to clear house and start fresh with someone that's more accepting of Foley's techniques.

Possible, but I don't know that Steve ever had a problem with Tiger's new techniques and swing. He would still hold the club shaft against his head and help him out with trying to learn the new swing, as late as just a few months ago.

Foley is a weird guy - Stevie probably let him know that a few times and then Sean probably told Tiger 'this guy has to go'

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

All in all, we have had precious little insight into the relationship between the two. We've seen them on the course and maybe sometimes in other situations, but you don't get to know people that way. Judging by their appearances on TV, they seemed to have a good relationship, but something can of course have come up recently. Honestly, I don't care too much who Tiger got to carry his bag.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For the most part, I hadn't noticed much of a difference in their relationship over the past 2 years...but the one thing I did notice...on ESPN2 last night, they were talking about his firing of Stevie, and they showed clips from this year and last year, and Tiger was either walking way behind Stevie, way in front, or way off to one side...like he didn't want to talk to Stevie. As far as I can tell, they seemed closer in the years 1999-2009. But you're right, we can't conclude much from just watching them on TV.

This is basically what I said last week and you said "You didn't know what I was talking about" and that their relationship on the course is as good as ever. Make up your mind

For the most part, I hadn't noticed much of a difference in their relationship over the past 2 years...but the one thing I did notice...on ESPN2 last night, they were talking about his firing of Stevie, and they showed clips from this year and last year, and Tiger was either walking way behind Stevie, way in front, or way off to one side...like he didn't want to talk to Stevie. As far as I can tell, they seemed closer in the years 1999-2009. But you're right, we can't conclude much from just watching them on TV.

Originally Posted by deasy55

This is basically what I said last week and you said "You didn't know what I was talking about" and that their relationship on the course is as good as ever. Make up your mind

Well, weren't you the one who said Tiger was the best ever, and then said Jack was, and then said both?

I didn't see those clips until last night. And like I said, from what I saw, they seemed normal out there. It's okay to take something else into consideration and change your mind after you are more informed. It's like criticizing someone because they changed their belief that the world is flat to it's round after discovering more information. Let's not start calling out each other again, please. Keep the thread on topic!

Now all the PGA Tour has to do is pair up Adam Scott and Tiger in the next tournament.....

AWWWWKKKWWAAARRRRRDDDD

^^

Sure it's only a bit of banter

I'm wondering when we will hear about a new caddy. I'm surprised it wasn't an instant announcement. I'm still hoping for Fanny (I really am leaving myself open for a joke there). It would be good for Tiger's image to have a female caddy too IMO

*Tiger takes Driver out of bag*

*Stevie snickers and goes wide eyed - gives Adam Scott 3 wood*

*Tiger puts driver back in bag and takes 3 wood*

Note: This thread is 4654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!