IGNORED

Confirmed: Tiger and Stevie split

rebby
Note: This thread is 4654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mck

which just proves how overpaid--way overpaid some of these caddies are.

According to Rick Riley, Stevie made exactly what every other caddy on tour makes. $1200.00 to $1500.00 a week, 5% of winnings, 7% of top 10s & 10% of wins.

I've heard the stuff Stevie's been saying about Tiger nedding to "Work to regain my respect". Dude, you're an EMPLOYEE! Tiger paid you a wage and then decided to move on to somebody else. Get over yourself.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Kieran123

And there are gonna be a lot of Tiger fans who think this is great and that Williams wasn't loyal and he deserved it and blah blah blah

But if we're talking about loyalty, what sort of ass does what Tiger did and put the people he works with careers on the line, and then put them in an extremely awkward situation? Williams stuck with him regardless of it ( maybe a mistake in hind sight ), then was fired. Wheres the loyalty there?

"Thanks for sticking with me through all of what I've done and for keeping your mouth shut" ( whether he knew or not )

"No problem Tiger"

"By the way Stevie, you're fired"

Sorry, but I believe Stevie was "Loyal" to his wallet.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

I AM entitled to my own opinion, and so is everyone else. Iacas is correct in saying that the best caddy could be someone we don't even hear about...but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion to who the best caddy is. There are people who think Stevie is the best caddy, people who think Bones is, etc...nothing wrong with having an opinion based on what you know. How about if I told you that you can't say Roy Halladay is the best pitcher in the MLB because you don't know who the #4 pitcher is for the Houston Astros? Doesn't make sense, does it?

Everyone is entitled to their own own opinion. Back on topic now.....

And there is really nothing left to talk about until Tiger announces his new caddy.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

That must be the worst analogy of all time

Originally Posted by MrElculver2424

How about if I told you that you can't say Roy Halladay is the best pitcher in the MLB because you don't know who the #4 pitcher is for the Houston Astros? Doesn't make sense, does it?

Originally Posted by deasy55

That must be the worst analogy of all time

Not really. It definitely doesn't make sense to me. If you tell someone they can't have an opinion on who the best pitcher is because they can't name the #4 pitcher for the Astros, then something is wrong there.

All I'm saying is everyone can have their own opinion based on what they know.

"Kindness is more important than wisdom and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

• Administrator

And in my opinion, you know virtually nothing about what makes for a good caddie on the PGA Tour.

So stop talking about it. You'll learn some day that talking in superlatives like you have a habit of doing isn't a great way to go about conversing with people. It has the tendency to make the speaker look stupid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not really. It definitely doesn't make sense to me. If you tell someone they can't have an opinion on who the best pitcher is because they can't name the #4 pitcher for the Astros, then something is wrong there.

It is a terrible analogy because caddies are not the ones taking the swings and their fame really depends on how good the player they caddy for is.

Originally Posted by iacas

And in my opinion, you know virtually nothing about what makes for a good caddie on the PGA Tour.

So stop talking about it. You'll learn some day that talking in superlatives like you have a habit of doing isn't a great way to go about conversing with people. It has the tendency to make the speaker look stupid.

That's your opinion, and I'll tell you right now it's wrong. Sorry, but you don't know who I am, what kind of kid I am, how long I've watched golf, how much I know about it, etc. The internet isn't a very good way to judge someone. So stop talking about what you think of me. I'm not saying anything about you, because I don't know anything about you. You don't know anything about me, so the best thing to do is not to say anything at all.

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

It is a terrible analogy because caddies are not the ones taking the swings and their fame really depends on how good the player they caddy for is.

That's absolutely correct. I never said anything that would contradict that. No one said Stevie was the best caddy back in 1997...he became an elite caddy because he paired up with Tiger Woods. But at the same time, obviously not all caddies have equal talent, either.

It's only used as an example for those who think one can't have an opinion on who the best caddy is. It's not terrible. I just used it as a quick example.

It is terrible, it is not even close to the same thing. How can you have an opinion on who the best caddy is if you do not know 90% of them.  Like iacas said, the best caddy could be caddying for the 150th ranked and you would not even know him.

There is a reason the 4th pitcher in the rotation for the Astro's is there.  If he was as good as Roy Halladay he would be putting up the same caliber numbers.

It is terrible, it is not even close to the same thing. How can you have an opinion on who the best caddy is if you do not know 90% of them.  Like iacas said, the best caddy could be caddying for the 150th ranked and you would not even know him.

There is a reason the 4th pitcher in the rotation for the Astro's is there.  If he was as good as Roy Halladay he would be putting up the same caliber numbers.

That's entirely true...I never said anything to contradict that.

That's entirely true...I never said anything to contradict that.

Then why are you stating your opinion on who the best caddy is if you admit you have no idea???

Then why are you stating your opinion on who the best caddy is if you admit you have no idea???

Because from what I know , Stevie is an elite caddy, and in my mind, the best I have ever seen. And Hank Haney agrees with me.

Haney-Stevie Williams.jpg

I could very well be wrong...sure, there could be tons of caddies out there who MIGHT be better, but from what I KNOW , I'm forming an opinion. I've never met anyone in my life who had such a problem with that.

was watching the canadian open today and the tv announcer said that Stevie had asked Tiger if he could caddy for scott and Tiger said yes, then changed his mind later on and asked him not to but Stevie was already at the event and told him that. What really changed his mind was when Stevie went ahead and caddied again for scott at the AT&T;, then he fired him. Cant really blame Tiger, I wouldnt of caddied had he told me not to later on even if I was at the event let alone caddy for the player again after been told not

Originally Posted by motteler621

was watching the canadian open today and the tv announcer said that Stevie had asked Tiger if he could caddy for scott and Tiger said yes, then changed his mind later on and asked him not to but Stevie was already at the event and told him that. What really changed his mind was when Stevie went ahead and caddied again for scott at the AT&T;, then he fired him. Cant really blame Tiger, I wouldnt of caddied had he told me not to later on even if I was at the event let alone caddy for the player again after been told not

I'm basically torn with who to "side" with in this whole ordeal, LOL. I'm done with it. I don't know. It depends how Stevie told Tiger that he was already at the U.S. Open with Scott, if he was nice about it or demanding to let him caddy for Adam. If I was Stevie, I don't think I would have pulled out at the last second and left Adam hanging with no caddy for the U.S. Open. I still don't think Tiger should have fired him just for that. Stevie would have been there for Tiger whenever he's going to return from injuries.

But it is what is is, and it's over.

I'm basically torn with who to "side" with in this whole ordeal, LOL. I'm done with it. I don't know. It depends how Stevie told Tiger that he was already at the U.S. Open with Scott, if he was nice about it or demanding to let him caddy for Adam. If I was Stevie, I don't think I would have pulled out at the last second and left Adam hanging with no caddy for the U.S. Open. I still don't think Tiger should have fired him just for that. Stevie would have been there for Tiger whenever he's going to return from injuries.

But it is what is is, and it's over.

it wasnt just that. Williams went ahead and caddied again at the AT&T; for scott. You just dont do that. Williams is kinda a hard nosed guy tho

Originally Posted by motteler621

it wasnt just that. Williams went ahead and caddied again at the AT&T; for scott. You just dont do that. Williams is kinda a hard nosed guy tho

I know, he caddied for Scott again without asking Tiger for permission a second time. And you have a good point there...I could see Stevie doing the U.S. Open since he was already there, but if Tiger asked him not to and he went ahead and did the AT&T; National, that wasn't right. If that report is true, then I understand why Tiger fired him.

Thanks for that info.

Tony Navarro says he'd take a call from Tiger. But the article says that Tiger hasn't contacted him yet and therefore he's out of the running.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/navarro-ready-to-take-woods-call/

I wouldn't say he's out of the running yet. Tiger still has time before he returns, but then again, we have no idea what Tiger's up to. He could have already found his new caddy and is just waiting for a certain date to tell us.

Earlier posts suggested that Billy Foster could possibly be Tigers pick.

At the Barclay's Scottish Open and the following Open at Sandwich Lee Westwood was very morose. ( Missed the cut in the Open)

Maybe been approached by Tiger.?

Note: This thread is 4654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!