IGNORED

Who buys new and why?

Note: This thread is 4548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by x129

If given the choice between getting 250 bucks and paying someone 40, you think you save money by getting paid zero and paying zero I don't know what to say. Math obviously works differently in your world than mine. We are getting way off topic. Lets get back to golf.

What you don't understand is that it is illogical to say that the choice has to be between your "work" time vs. leisure time.  You have a lot of time when you are making zero.  If you would choose to do some things for yourself at that time that you are currently paying others to do, you would put more money in your bank account.  There is no way to debate that and that math works in everyone's world.

You brought this all into this discussion and it frankly is a bad comparison.  These services are not like purchasing a new vs. used product.  It never made much sense to begin with.  And ironically, you said you couldn't spend the time to find used online while you've spent enough time in this thread to do so.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have bought new and used clubs but prefer to buy new because you know what you're getting. You can buy stuff, brand new that's a generation or 2 "old" and get great deals as many posts have pointed out. Given the number of releases most manufacturers come out with every year, clubs that are a few generations behind the current release are really still current, technology and performance wise IMO.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

I tend to buy new clubs after they become older models-at huge discounts!

My driver, for example,  is the Nike Dymo which was "hot" in 2009 ...and sold for around 400 bucks...I payed 100 bucks brand new!  Absolutely love it too and it replaced my Nike Sumo2 Driver as this Dymo was the next gen of the same model...

imo the best club to buy used is the putter since so little real wear gets put upon them...and its always nice to have a half dozen or so different models in the garage for when the putting muse is ignoring you on the greens   :)

Note: This thread is 4548 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!