Sign in to follow this  
Sliceapotomus

Deciding on a back up set... Need help

Note: This thread is 3008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 posts / 595 viewsLast Reply

Well guys, its time to purchase a backup set for the beach house.

Do not want to spend a boatload, so I am trying to keep it around $300 or so.

Deciding on a few different sets:

Cobra S2

2010 Nike Slingshot

TaylorMade R7 XD

TaylorMade R7

TaylorMade Burner 1.0

Wilson Di9

I know it is alot of sets, so I am hoping to get some feedback on them. I am about a 15 handicapper, so I am not good by any stretch of the imagination.

Looking for forgiveness and quick high ball flight.

Thanks for any feedback!

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Why not just get a duplicate set of G10's like you play, same shafts and head specs?  There are tons of used sets on eBay right now.

I found a great backup set. I play them about six times a year. 2003 Top Flite Tours. Found used good condition. Super forgiving without being ugly. Wilson staff fairway wood and Nike driver both from eBay. Spent less than $175 for everything. Regular everyday clubs are Mizuno MP

Note: This thread is 3008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!