IGNORED

Tiger Confirmed for Firestone

deasy55
Note: This thread is 4619 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by jshots

How awesome would it be if he won?

Uhhh... in the grand scheme of things? Not even a blip.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

Uhhh... in the grand scheme of things? Not even a blip.

I'm not sure I would use the word "awesome" if he won but it would be much more than a blip. Watch the 19th Hole on Golf Channel-they talk Tiger when there is nothing to talk about. Winning would necessatate a two hour special.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Bo the Golfer

I'm not sure I would use the word "awesome" if he won but it would be much more than a blip. Watch the 19th Hole on Golf Channel-they talk Tiger when there is nothing to talk about. Winning would necessatate a two hour special.

My grand scheme is apparently of a much larger scope than yours.

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well he has won the Bridgestone Invitational 7 times in his last 11 appearances there. So, no, it probably wouldn't be that big a deal. As stated above, it'd be a big deal on the Golf Channel for a day or two, no doubt with hysterical claims of "Tiger's back!". But yeah, If he's gonna win anywhere this year, Firestone is probably the one. That said he's obviously gonna be rusty, it's highly unlikely.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

He's officially in for the PGA as well: http://espn.go.com/golf/pgachampionship11/story/_/id/6816413/tiger-woods-enters-pga-championship

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I would have been shocked if he wasn't

Originally Posted by jamo

He's officially in for the PGA as well: http://espn.go.com/golf/pgachampionship11/story/_/id/6816413/tiger-woods-enters-pga-championship

• Administrator
Originally Posted by jamo

That just makes sense though. He can withdraw at any time but there are deadlines to enter.

Originally Posted by sonicblue

I won't start any sort of debate about, "understanding what it's like to be Tiger" as regards what happened in his personal life, but I will encourage any Tiger nay-sayers to, cut the guy a little break.  I mean, think about what I said above, to be Tiger this week.  Could any of us even remotely handle that kind of scrutiny, and examination, and speculation, and pressure??  I'll tell you right now, I'd crumble like a three-day-old cookie.  Even though I think he's in a bit of a lose-lose situation, I do hope he can just play the game well, satisfy whatever his own goals are for the tournament, and take a step toward becoming relevant again, and pushing others to play their best, too.

Agreed 100%

It would be bigger to him to win then anyone else. I would admit it would be enjoyable to watch but what it would do for him mentally is where it would be at.

Grand scheme as far as his career and the history of golf I certainly agree with you. For golf right now a Tiger win would be huge. If there is any signal he is back that would impact upcoming tv negotiations as well as the competative landscape but again, your point is well taken.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

My grand scheme is bigger than your grand scheme

-Rich

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Grndslmhttr3

My grand scheme is bigger than your grand scheme

My grand scheme is all of existence and time. It's not even a blip.

If we're talking about Tiger's career, my guess is he hopes it would be a blip at most on his resumption towards 19.

If we're talking about the PGA Tour, it'll be more than a blip. It'll be fairly big.

If we're talking just about golf, but all of golf, it'll again be a blip. Most golfers don't really care who wins or loses each week on the PGA Tour each week. Some more than others, but overall, the average golfer digests the news, thinks about it for a second or two, and moves on.

Not everyone has the same "grand scheme". So who gives a rip about grand schemes. Not sure why it was even brought up.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

My grand scheme is all of existence and time. It's not even a blip.

If we're talking about Tiger's career, my guess is he hopes it would be a blip at most on his resumption towards 19.

If we're talking about the PGA Tour, it'll be more than a blip. It'll be fairly big.

If we're talking just about golf, but all of golf, it'll again be a blip. Most golfers don't really care who wins or loses each week on the PGA Tour each week. Some more than others, but overall, the average golfer digests the news, thinks about it for a second or two, and moves on.

You are confusing the hell out of me lol. Certainly it won't matter much for Tiger's career but if he were to win this week after so long off and just him being who he is I think that media will treat it like much more than a blip I would imagine.

It would be awesome to me if he won just because he's Tiger Woods and every time he wins it is awesome...

• Upvote 1

:whistle:

Winning an event he's won quite often (7 out of last 11 appearances as someone pointed out) might be considered irrelevant if he never does anything more from here on out (7 for 11 or 8 for 12 - potayto potahto - sort of like finishing 4th at the Masters  . . . again), but it would certainly indicate he can get his collective #%^& together for 4 straight days and that hasn't happened in a long while.  If I was a Tiger booster, I'd probably think it was awesome. Just like I'd have thought it was awesome if Daly had won that playoff in 2005. Not a career maker or breaker, but it would have been cool.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm not saying I think he will win, but don't you think a ton of people will make a bigger deal out of this if it did happen than most other tournaments he has won? Even though he only placed 4th at the masters, every single headline about the masters mentioned him in it.

:whistle:

Note: This thread is 4619 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!