IGNORED

Tiger Confirmed for Firestone

deasy55
Note: This thread is 4641 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Short term it will be huge, it will show he's back to form, and the media will be able to start talking about him again.  Long term if he doesn't win again this year, it will be a blip.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well I don't know if he will win or not, but I am surprised he is playing.  Achilles injuries don't usually heal overnight or even in 3 months unless they are pretty minor.  If you're 35 not 25 it can take even a little longer.  But it is good for golf to have Tiger back in the mix and I personally wish him well.

Butch

I always assumed the achilles was more on the "minor" side since it was a byproduct of compensating for another injury.  I always expected him back this season and it wouldn't surprise me if he was 100% healthy.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Maybe he's been working on his short game with this extended absence.  He will need it since there are probably two dozen players now that can match his distance and a few like, Bubba, Dustin Johnson, and Gary Woodland that can outdrive him.

I predict he will make the cut, but not contend.  Just my guess.

I just hope he is careful this time.  No squatting shots from under trees!  Most importantly he needs to stay healthy.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by cajuntexan00

I predict he will make the cut......

Pretty safe bet at Firestone... ;-)

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He is paying 15 bucks to win the PGA, so naturally I put a little bet on ;---)

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I could care less if Tiger ever made it back to golf..  but anyways.. The reason for this post is to share my last Firestone moment..  Its' Saturday (moving day) and my wife and I finished with our camping out on #2 Par 5, as the last of the golfers made it thru.. So we pack up our lil portable mini chairs and followed a variety of golfers.. It was getting towards the end of the day and we decided to make our way back to the parking lot, and take off early before the traffic mass exodus..

Here we are at #16 Par 5, 600+yds that day and low and behold he's tee'ing off?  Tiger with all his fans in tow..  Tee were back that day, so getting to the top of the hill was good, no chance in going for the green in two that day.. So there Tiger is, top of the hill, about 325 out.. Steve gives him a mid iron, probably a 6.. Yep, yep.. I know what he's doing.. LAYING UP to the safe spot in front of the pond like everyone else that day..  However, here comes the comedy.. ONE loser on his cell phone is talking to a friend, saying, "OMG dude, he's going for it in 2.. he's the man"..  I stood there in disbelief looking at my wife saying, "Another Tiger fan clueless on the game of golf"..  It was our topic all the way home, and the but of many jokes since then..

BTW.. Tiger laid up, wedged it to the green and birdied the hole..

Originally Posted by ThominOH

I could care less if Tiger ever made it back to golf..  but anyways.. The reason for this post is to share my last Firestone moment..  Its' Saturday (moving day) and my wife and I finished with our camping out on #2 Par 5, as the last of the golfers made it thru.. So we pack up our lil portable mini chairs and followed a variety of golfers.. It was getting towards the end of the day and we decided to make our way back to the parking lot, and take off early before the traffic mass exodus..

Here we are at #16 Par 5, 600+yds that day and low and behold he's tee'ing off?  Tiger with all his fans in tow..  Tee were back that day, so getting to the top of the hill was good, no chance in going for the green in two that day.. So there Tiger is, top of the hill, about 325 out.. Steve gives him a mid iron, probably a 6.. Yep, yep.. I know what he's doing.. LAYING UP to the safe spot in front of the pond like everyone else that day..  However, here comes the comedy.. ONE loser on his cell phone is talking to a friend, saying, "OMG dude, he's going for it in 2.. he's the man"..  I stood there in disbelief looking at my wife saying, "Another Tiger fan clueless on the game of golf"..  It was our topic all the way home, and the but of many jokes since then..

I think you should have left out your first statement of this post. It is obvious you are a Tiger fan.  LOL

I hope Tiger plays good.

Can we have one thread pertaining to Tiger that doesn't have someone pooping all over him or people that are fans of his? Is that too much to ask? If the title of this thread was "Share your memorable Firestone moments" or something like that, then yeah, maybe that response would have been okay. However, a very large number of everyday, normal golf fans (not including media, or snarky bloggers, or ESPN, or Brandel Chamblee) are excited to see him play Firestone - the first time we've seen him since The Masters The Players so why try to bring all that down? I'm not saying that you're not entitled to your opinion - you certainly are, and you're free to express it whenever and wherever you want, but numerous threads in the past contained enough animosity towards Tiger to last quite a while. Your dislike of him couldn't have been expressed in one of those? You're even free to create a "I dislike Eldrick Woods" thread or even a full group if you'd like. The majority of us are excited to see him come back though. Let us enjoy the anticipation of his return and speculation on the quality of his play in the couple of days leading up to Firestone, without letting your loathing of him tarnish it. Just once. Please?

• Upvote 1

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Originally Posted by ControlJunkie

Can we have one thread pertaining to Tiger that doesn't have someone pooping all over him or people that are fans of his? Is that too much to ask? If the title of this thread was "Share your memorable Firestone moments" or something like that, then yeah, maybe that response would have been okay. However, a very large number of everyday, normal golf fans (not including media, or snarky bloggers, or ESPN, or Brandel Chamblee) are excited to see him play Firestone - the first time we've seen him since The Masters The Players so why try to bring all that down? I'm not saying that you're not entitled to your opinion - you certainly are, and you're free to express it whenever and wherever you want, but numerous threads in the past contained enough animosity towards Tiger to last quite a while. Your dislike of him couldn't have been expressed in one of those? You're even free to create a "I dislike Eldrick Woods" thread or even a full group if you'd like. The majority of us are excited to see him come back though. Let us enjoy the anticipation of his return and speculation on the quality of his play in the couple of days leading up to Firestone, without letting your loathing of him tarnish it. Just once. Please?

wow.. A little sensitive?  I made no comment or implication of negativity towards Tiger in my thread.. If you wish to read into that, that is your option, but none was expressed.. The only thing brought up was the observing of a clueless golf fan which probably never touched a club in his life.. lol   It was meant for comedy and still is a joke we laugh about amongst us golfers.. C'mon dude.. How can you not laugh at a spectator that thinks a pro is going to hit a 325 yard 6 iron?   Geesh

My buddy landed VIP Passes to this event and I finally get to go! Pretty excited to see woods/clarke as we'll be following this group through.

Though with free food/ drinks , emphasis on free drinks - I hope I don't end up being the next "{Tiger backswing}...... MASHED POTATOES!" guy.

Originally Posted by Spyder

My buddy landed VIP Passes to this event and I finally get to go! Pretty excited to see woods/clarke as we'll be following this group through.

Though with free food/drinks, emphasis on free drinks - I hope I don't end up being the next "{Tiger backswing}...... MASHED POTATOES!" guy.

Have fun.. I almost thought about going this year.. I haven't been to a tourney since.. well.. not sure when, but it was a number of years ago.. Wife and I always camping #2 greenside.. and #15 par 3..  that way we can drift over to #16 if a good group comes thru..

wow.. A little sensitive?  I made no comment or implication of negativity towards Tiger in my thread.. If you wish to read into that, that is your option, but none was expressed...

Oh really? It's amazing how this quote thing works. How about we hit the rewind button and check out the previous post on this subject...

I dont know about everyone else, but that first sentence pretty much kicked your entire post off with a negative connotation in my opinion, and it was definitely towards Tiger. Like I said, if you dont like Tiger, I've got no problem with that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just don't understand why one would feel compelled to hate on him any time he comes up. After a while, it gets really old, and I personally see it as a pretty significant lack of maturity. But hey, whatever, you weren't the first, and I'm sure you wont be the last. It does however make your opinion on the entire situation pretty obvious. At least be a man and own up to it. Good day, sir.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I thought it was clearly intended to be a negative remark...but what do I know?

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r476/video/?/video/video/pga-tour/highlights/2011/08/02/qt_11wgcbridge_tue_woods_entire_prs.pgatour

tiger's interview on tues at the bridgestone. he's lost quite a bit of weight as well. somebody needs to tell him to shave that ugly chin hair.

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r476/video/?/video/video/pga-tour/highlights/2011/08/02/qt_11wgcbridge_tue_woods_entire_prs.pgatour

tiger's interview on tues at the bridgestone. he's lost quite a bit of weight as well. somebody needs to tell him to shave that ugly chin hair.

So he had been chipping and putting! :-P (About the 8 min mark.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4641 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!