IGNORED

Olin Browne Practice Swings

Note: This thread is 3654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone noticed his practice swings before every shot. Why does he come WAY over the top on his practice swings?

I believe he is trying to get the feeling of swinging left after impact. Is that right?

Tom Watson describes doing this in his DVD.  He got it from Corey Pavin as a way to balance his real swing and not go off plane.

• Upvote 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

a lot of people, myself included, sometimes drop the club too far inside.  So taking practice swings doing the opposite of your fault is a way to help alleviate this problem.

Note: This thread is 3654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I'm getting a little leery of these pros where it looks like they downed three bottles of 5 hour energy before the record button is tapped.
    • I didn’t watch the video, but the thumbnail screenshot has him in position to hit a big block with that right elbow stuck behind him.
    • My home course closes its range for maintenance Monday mornings or Tuesday if a holiday falls on the Monday. The sign indicates they re-open by 1 p.m.  That makes sense for them. It's always a busy course, but evening leagues are really big business.  Closing at 3 p.m. seems a bit odd to me, but if that suits the course's clientele, that's what they'll do. I hate mats.  We usually get stuck with the damn things after October. It is a much better thing that the course close the range for a brief period of time once a week and keep the turf up to snuff.    
    • Replace the grip if you want, but a new putter won't matter (unless it makes you practice more).  There's some great putting and short game drills in chapter 9 of Every Shot Counts by Mark Broadie. His drills are also games, with scoring that measures objective skill level.   Also recommend The Putting Bible by Dave Pelz. 
    • A strange round of golf yesterday. I played from the red tees (plays just 5350 yards).  My ballstriking is not very crisp these days, but hopefully I can sort that out soon. It was a round of two halves, as usual. Front 9:  Could not hit fairways or greens at all on the front, 2/9 greens and 2/6 fairways, but still shot +2 on the front. That includes 2 shots in the bunker on hole 4, a horrible misshit that lead to a double on hole 7, topped my driver 80 yards twice and the only 2 fairways I hit were with short irons in hand. 11 putts on the front 9 says a lot about that tretch of holes.  Birdie on both par 5s on the front is allways nice.  37 shots, par 35 Back 9:  A little better ballstriking even though I hit 2 shots OB, leading to a tripple and a double, 4/7 fairway and 4/9 greens. The short game was more off here and I left a couple of chips a bit short. 17 putts is not as good as I'd like it to be. 1 threeputt, but I think I would threeputt from there more often than not, as it was a 60 foot downhill putt with a lot of break where I gave it a little to much speed. Birdie on hole 15 (short par 3) and on hole 17 was nice, and I missed a short birdieputt on, the tough par 3, 11. Had 165 yards in after a decent drive on the par 5 18, but managed the top the approach and miss the green from 90 yards after that and walk off with a bogey after also missing the 5 foot par save. 44 shots, par 37.  81 shots is not bad, but I make to many misstakes from tee, making golf a lot harder than it needs to be. I hit driver on 8 holes: 1 fairway hit (265 yards), 1 OB, hit short and low slices mostly except from the two topped 80 yard ones, avg. 240 yards today. My drives are usually 270-320 yards depending on wind and course, so my driving is not where it should be. My short game is not perfect, but it's certainly better than my hcp right now.  Playing a round at an away course today. There is a curse hanging over that course that needs to be lifted. Good luck me 😉  
  • Today's Birthdays

1. ercxi
      ercxi
      (33 years old)
    2. Garea51
      Garea51
      (70 years old)
    3. iamwardicus
      iamwardicus
      (37 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...