IGNORED

2011 WGC Bridgestone Invitational

senorchipotle

Note: This thread is 3730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You know what, I love watching golf with or without Tiger, but having Tiger back and not sucking it up hard makes watching golf a little more fun.  Im always interested in how hes playing.

That was awesome watching, i think the tension of the camera's following Woods and the excitement of what he will produce made it the best round ive watched this year,

couple that with the tension between him and williams, if thye get paired it will be fun to watch.

also everybody chasing down day, can he hold it together?

IMHO anybody could take this with a good run of birdies, Watney seems very consistent at the moment

LOVE IT!

A bit much Tiger and Darren coverage yesterday though. With the odd shot of Harrington and Rose hitting it all over the place. They did show some shots of Scott, which was good, even with his broom.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Zeph

A bit much Tiger and Darren coverage yesterday though. With the odd shot of Harrington and Rose hitting it all over the place. They did show some shots of Scott, which was good, even with his broom.

I am not sure what people were expecting, Tiger hasnt played since May and people dont want him to get camera time?  Never happen.  Just wait until the weekend.

Originally Posted by carpediem4300

couple that with the tension between him and williams, if thye get paired it will be fun to watch.

A handshake on 1 and 18 is all you would see.

Not much of a Tiger fan here.  Although I won't be cheering for him, sure am glad to see him back in the field.  Do find it a bit ironic that Stevie is in first place with Adam Scott right now.  Drama keeps it interesting!

Well...Tiger is nothing to see here, move on. Good thing he played early today so we get coverage of other players in the broadcast. Phil is looking...fabulous today.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by carpediem4300

That was awesome watching, i think the tension of the camera's following Woods and the excitement of what he will produce made it the best round ive watched this year,

also everybody chasing down day, can he hold it together?

IMHO anybody could take this with a good run of birdies, Watney seems very consistent at the moment

LOVE IT!

Please explain the tension between TW and SW?  All I have read is the reports that it was a parting of the ways between two friends and it was very civil.

Originally Posted by B of H

tiger was hitting his irons just a little too far, I think this happens to a lot of people when they jump back into competition...I know it happened to me recently.  I think there is just a hint of adrenaline in a competitive situation and you have to adjust to it.  Some of his best shots sailed over the green and put him in some bad spots so all in all a very successful round to say the least.

I'm excited to see what happens the next few days, he was like his old self out there today.

A media guy pointed this out to him and he refuted it.  He said he's hitting his 8-iron 180, yet to be verified by shot link...  His claim is that adrenaline and heat cannot account for this.  His stock 8-iron a few years ago was 155.  Who knows what it is at this point.  I do find the continual spew of the phrase "I'm just compressing the ball so much better" funny.  He said this is different than hitting in the middle of the club, whatever that means.  Originally I thought it just meant delofted with a less negative angle of attack than he used to have.

Note: This thread is 3730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!