IGNORED

2011 WGC Bridgestone Invitational

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 4615 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did Stevie Williams not go to the press and say that he has wasted the last 2 years of his life etc? I also heard Tiger say that they "had said what had needed to be said"?

Originally Posted by Callahan14

Please explain the tension between TW and SW?  All I have read is the reports that it was a parting of the ways between two friends and it was very civil.

Tiger has been civil, Stevie has whined a bit and taken on the role of a jilted ex, i.e. not so civil.

Originally Posted by Callahan14

Please explain the tension between TW and SW?  All I have read is the reports that it was a parting of the ways between two friends and it was very civil.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't know about you guys, but the leaderboard at the Reno-Tahoe event is much more compelling than Firestone......look at all those guys that can absolutely change their golf careers with a win......Mackenzie, Flesch, Elk, Riley...Notah Begay for god's sake........OK, Elk doesn't need the win for the career, but compelling nonetheless...

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Originally Posted by BallStriker

Don't know about you guys, but the leaderboard at the Reno-Tahoe event is much more compelling than Firestone......look at all those guys that can absolutely change their golf careers with a win......Mackenzie, Flesch, Elk, Riley...Notah Begay for god's sake........OK, Elk doesn't need the win for the career, but compelling nonetheless...

using that logic: Jason Day, Rickie Fowler, Ryan Moore, Keegan Bradley, & Martin Laird, all of whom have fewer than 2 professional wins.

Originally Posted by BallStriker

really? i'm not sure i can agree with that. yeah, you've got some old guys who could benefit from winning a half recognized event that doesn't get you into any majors or wgc's. on the other hand you've got the current BN champion in keegan bradley coming out of nowhere this year and playing some ridiculous golf, jason day and rickie fowler showing off their potential as two of the 3 most talented guys under 25, and stevie williams leading adam scott ;) to a four man tie for the lead. not the least of which, tiger going into a saturday round with no pressure. when that happens, 9 times out of 10 we get treated to some miraculous shots that nobody, besides tiger, has any business pulling off.

i know what i'm gonna be watching tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Quote:

really? i'm not sure i can agree with that. yeah, you've got some old guys who could benefit from winning a half recognized event that doesn't get you into any majors or wgc's. on the other hand you've got the current BN champion in keegan bradley coming out of nowhere this year and playing some ridiculous golf, jason day and rickie fowler showing off their potential as two of the 3 most talented guys under 25, and stevie williams leading adam scott ;) to a four man tie for the lead. not the least of which, tiger going into a saturday round with no pressure. when that happens, 9 times out of 10 we get treated to some miraculous shots that nobody, besides tiger, has any business pulling off.

i know what i'm gonna be watching tomorrow.

+1

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

3rd round Par 5 16th 667 yards. Shot tracker has Bubba Watson shot 1 = 415 to left fairway 243 from hole. second shot 243 yards over water to 13 feet 6 inches.

These guys are good!!

Yeah I'm watching it live on Sky Sports. He hit an iron Missed the eagle though.

Originally Posted by Dad-2-3

3rd round Par 5 16th 667 yards. Shot tracker has Bubba Watson shot 1 = 415 to left fairway 243 from hole. second shot 243 yards over water to 13 feet 6 inches.

These guys are good!!

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

A media guy pointed this out to him and he refuted it.  He said he's hitting his 8-iron 180, yet to be verified by shot link...  His claim is that adrenaline and heat cannot account for this.  His stock 8-iron a few years ago was 155.  Who knows what it is at this point.  I do find the continual spew of the phrase "I'm just compressing the ball so much better" funny.  He said this is different than hitting in the middle of the club, whatever that means.  Originally I thought it just meant delofted with a less negative angle of attack than he used to have.

hilarious, the next day he claimed that adrenaline and the heat was precisely the cause of him hitting his irons too far.  nice try to misrepresent his quote though.

Bag:
Driver and 3-wood: Titleist 910D3 9.5* + 910Df 15* w/ Aldila RIP 80 X flex
2-iron: King Cobra II Forged DG-x100

3-Hybrid: 20* Adams 9031DF DG-x100
4-9 irons: Bridgestone Tour Premium DG-s400
Wedges: Vokey 200 series: 48, 54, 60 DG-s400
Putter: original Cameron Newport gunmetal blue

Have they decided not to show any of Rory's round today or what?

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Or Luke Donald, who has the low round of the day and is in 4th place

Originally Posted by Tiger Spuds

Have they decided not to show any of Rory's round today or what?

Originally Posted by Dad-2-3

These guys are good!!

Since he missed the eagle putt, meh*.

*logic used by Phil haters to downplay his shot at The Masters.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm not a 'Phil hater' or whatever you like to call it, but I don't believe that shot itself was as great as made out. It was the situation it was in that made it great. The shot itself was just a long iron from a decent lie in pinestraw. The trees weren't even in his line. The amount of people that believe that shot is great because "he hit it through the trees" baffles me. It was great because it was on the back 9 of the Masters setting up an Eagle chance.

Back on topic:

Would they ever show Luke Donald ffs. He's the world number 1 and is in contention and I haven't seen him once

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Since he missed the eagle putt, meh*.

*logic used by Phil haters to downplay his shot at The Masters.

Whoever's directing this needs a word in their ear.

Regularly showing Kaymer who's +1 whilst completely ignoring Donald and McIlroy, both still in contention. As a WGC, I think coverage is shared between American and European networks, so I'm not sure who's in control, but it's poor it has to be said.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Originally Posted by deasy55

I'm not a 'Phil hater' or whatever you like to call it, but I don't believe that shot itself was as great as made out.

In Phil's defense, he has said the same thing many times -- something like "it was a 6 iron, the margain for error was ennormous"......sorry for the off-topic

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Note: This thread is 4615 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!