IGNORED

2011 WGC Bridgestone Invitational

Note: This thread is 3607 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

really? i'm not sure i can agree with that. yeah, you've got some old guys who could benefit from winning a half recognized event that doesn't get you into any majors or wgc's. on the other hand you'v

Tiger's old swing wins at Tiger's old favorite stomping ground with Tiger's old caddy.

anyway else get annoyed with the constant barrage of useless "quips" from the crowd? the dudes constantly screaming "get in the hole" are just morons and have the slight twang of accent that ma

I thought Stevie lacked class in that interview but I blame CBS for even giving him camera time. I don't ever remember a caddie getting an interview post tourney so I guess they wanted to create some drama. Plus based on everything it sounds like Stevie is not happy about Tiger letting him go so CBS knew that it was a perfect chance to let Williams take a dig at Tiger.

Originally Posted by BonoVox

Nice show of class Steve Williams. You just over shadowed your bosses incredible win with your lame interview.

Anybody have a link to video or the transcript?

I will admit that this is the first time I've ever rooted against Adam Scott.  Not because I don't like him or I want him to fail, but because I figured if he won the very first tournament that Tiger had a replacement caddie and Stevie was on Scott's bag, the media would embrace the opportunity to hype up that detail.

Sure it's definitely a story-line worth mentioning, but I knew something like this (a caddie being granted an interview) would happen.  Not surprised in the least.  Curious to know what Stevie said, though.

Edit: never mind, I found an ESPN article covering it here: http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/6839763/caddie-drama-continues-adam-scott-win-wgc-bridgestone-invitational

I found it funny that the headline of Scott's win reads: Steve Williams helps Scott Win.

Brandon

Seems to me like Steve could've just kept calm and mature and he would've soaked up all kinds of praise and attention for his good week. Making a statement that seems to clearly exist only to rub it in Woods' face is fairly immature. He should've just focused on the here and now and talked about his relationship with Scott and how the week went for the two of them -- the finishing positions are public information and speak for themselves.

I'd like to give the guy a break and see if this immature fit he appears to be throwing is short-lived.  Hopefully he eventually realizes that business and personal relationships aren't always supposed to last forever and stops taking vieled jabs at his former employer.  So I'm going to cut him some slack for this one before I start disliking the guy.

Brandon

Good tournament for McIlroy, Donald, Fowler, Day and Westwood. They're ready for the PGA.

A so-so performance for Tiger, at least the irons are ready for next week.

Nice win for Scott, but I still can't root for someone with such a putter...and Williams should realize, that he isn't the one key factor.

Originally Posted by Zwick

Nice win for Scott, but I still can't root for someone with such a putter....

Totally agree - not getting into the long putter arguement again, but suffice to say, not a fan because of it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My 2 cents..

1) Firestone is more then just straight holes side by side lined with trees.. Trust me, I've played it and watched the pros often.. There are plenty of elevation changes.. Aerial views are quite deceptive, even live camera shots don't give you the true feel of the course.. anyways..

2) Not sure why everyone is taking a shot at Stevie about his interview..  YES, I can see how some would say it was taking a dig at Tiger.. but is that fact, or just ones biased point of view..  Imagine being employed for over 10 years, feeling like one of the elite employees in the industry, then out of no where, you're fired.. Would it be a shock to you?  Would you question the reasoning behind it?  There are no answers to why, just that, "it is what it is".. Then you are picked up by a new company and within a month you are promoted to management level once again..  Would you not consider that one of the most important promotions in your life?  I would.. Why?  Because losing a job as Stevie did, one might start doubting themselves, or questioning what they did wrong to deserve it..

This win with Adam Scott sure was a confidence boost to both the player and the caddy.. I'm sure to both of them, at this current time, this win was the best for each.. Lets not stir the pot more, and be just as guilty as the people you are pointing fingers at..

Agreed! Hope your post won't be ignored so that we can go back talking about the tournament as this thread is not called "Stevie's interview at the 2011 Bridgestone Invitational"!

Originally Posted by ThominOH

My 2 cents..

1) Firestone is more then just straight holes side by side lined with trees.. Trust me, I've played it and watched the pros often.. There are plenty of elevation changes.. Aerial views are quite deceptive, even live camera shots don't give you the true feel of the course.. anyways..

2) Not sure why everyone is taking a shot at Stevie about his interview..  YES, I can see how some would say it was taking a dig at Tiger.. but is that fact, or just ones biased point of view..  Imagine being employed for over 10 years, feeling like one of the elite employees in the industry, then out of no where, you're fired.. Would it be a shock to you?  Would you question the reasoning behind it?  There are no answers to why, just that, "it is what it is".. Then you are picked up by a new company and within a month you are promoted to management level once again..  Would you not consider that one of the most important promotions in your life?  I would.. Why?  Because losing a job as Stevie did, one might start doubting themselves, or questioning what they did wrong to deserve it..

This win with Adam Scott sure was a confidence boost to both the player and the caddy.. I'm sure to both of them, at this current time, this win was the best for each.. Lets not stir the pot more, and be just as guilty as the people you are pointing fingers at..

That is a terrible reason to not be a fan.

Originally Posted by inthehole

Totally agree - not getting into the long putter arguement again, but suffice to say, not a fan because of it.

Originally Posted by Zwick

Good tournament for McIlroy, Donald, Fowler, Day and Westwood. They're ready for the PGA.

A so-so performance for Tiger, at least the irons are ready for next week.

Nice win for Scott, but I still can't root for someone with such a putter...and Williams should realize, that he isn't the one key factor.

Originally Posted by shades9323

That is a terrible reason to not be a fan.

I disagree.  I think they should be outlawed on the PGA Tour so that I can stop not being a fan of people using them as well.

Brandon

anyway else get annoyed with the constant barrage of useless "quips" from the crowd?

the dudes constantly screaming "get in the hole" are just morons and have the slight twang of accent that makes them sound like special needs

it wouldnt annoy me for example on the par 3's or if it was only occasionally when a player hits a wedge in, but on every damn tee box, every damn iron box, and now even sky sports has it on a few of their promo video clips

can we employ rangers to patrol the course's shooting anyone that screams this crap?

on a lighter note i did chuckle when fowler finished and some middle aged guy screamed out declaring his love for him haha

• Upvote 1

Didn't get to watch the event live, on tape, or even via highlights. At least I had access to "shot tracker", otherwise I'd have lost my mind.  Unfortunately I saw more interview from Steve Williams than golf. That guy needs to just shut the H up. Whether or not you like Phil and his caddie, can we admit Bones knows his role? Does anyone even know what his voice sounds like? Could anyone pick him out of a lineup?

Adam Scott has always had the most beautiful swing. Guys like him, Elkington, and DLIII have just needed a more driven, abrasive, and narcissistic caddie . . . apparently.

Note: This thread is 3607 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!