IGNORED

The most frustrating/disappointing moments golfing?

Kieran123
Note:Β This thread is 4634 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Originally Posted by AustinH

i hate losing my expensive balls the most. i don't care if i hit a bad shot, but if i lose my ball..... its a different story...

That's why I buy used now. This yearΒ I boughtΒ 7 dozen delivered for less than the price it would have cost me for 2 dozen new.

Having a real nice front nine and then throwing up all over myself on the back nine.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For me it is usually at least one of these three things...

1) Missing greens with an 8 iron of less in my hand

2) Not being able to knock down putts

3) Not being able to get off the tee or not being able to adjust my swing to get off the tee

This morning, it was all three things for me. I couldn't seem to do anything right and when I got to about 14 or 15 I was honestly ready to snap every one of my clubs in half and yell the "F Word" as loud as I could haha. For the past probably 5 or 6 days my game has been absolute garbage. Usually if I can't get off the tee I can usually make an adjustment and get my swing into form by the back nine and be able to preserve my round and come away with a decent score. But these past few days have really gotten me down. I went to the range today after playing and I'm going tomorrow morning before I play so hopefully I can get my swing into midseason form with golf matches and tournaments starting next week.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @Β Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Β 

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Bogey after birdie....drives me fukkin nuts.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"Β  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

1 or 2Β Β  8s or 9s in an otherwise personal best round.

:whistle:

When strokes 1-8 go like this:

1. Straight - 200ish yards.

2. Top - 10 feet

3. Fade - 170 yards

4. Fat - 40 yards

5. Chip that goes 2 feet due to catching the grass/ground behind the ball

6. Chip onto the green

7. Misread the green and aim 2 feet right of the hole then have the ball go straight

8. Make 3' putt for a welcome end to the misery of that hole.

Hyper X 10ΒΊ driver Diablo Edge 9.5ΒΊ backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56ΒΊ wedge 60ΒΊ wedge CRAZ-E putter

Poor tee shots and having a putt stop right at the edge of the hole.

A bad tee shot will affect all my other shots. A bad putt will ruin all my good shots.

I coulda sworn I left the cart right here......

Injuries that keep you from swinging a club!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I still have never gotten a birdie, this past weekend I hit a shot on a par 3 maybe 3-4 feet away and ended up 3 putting.... VERY disappointed. Β I ended up losing by 1 shot.

Originally Posted by Grumpter

That's why I buy used now. This yearΒ I boughtΒ 7 dozen delivered for less than the price it would have cost me for 2 dozen new.

It's precisely why I buy 10 dozen balls at a time from KnetGolf.Β  The balls are virtually brand new and cost me about 80 cents per ball depending on what I choose.Β  Makes it much less painful to lose 6 balls per game compared to paying $1.50-2 per ball new, LOL.

What frustrates me the most is topping the ball.Β  Lipping a putt is a close second.

Always changing:

Β 

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5ΒΊ

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19ΒΊ & 21ΒΊ

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48ΒΊ, 54ΒΊ, 62ΒΊ

Β 

First round: February 2011

Β 

Most disappointing moment for me ever was when I was 17 years old and it was my first round after getting mono and I was 145 yards out on the first hole and i went to hit my 52* wedge like usual and i came up about 40 yards short, then repeatedly being 40 yards short with every iron since that day

|callaway.gifΒ X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g |Β taylormade.gifΒ 2i Rescue 11Β |Β Β 3i HiBore HybridΒ |Β Β 710 MB |Β Β Wedge Works 48/06 |Β Β cg12 52/08Β Β |Β vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 |Β nike.gifSVΒ Tour 60/10 |Β cameron.gifΒ Studio Select Newport 2Β 34" |

Β 

rangefinder :Β LR550

I dont know if I would call it a "moment in golf", but...

I have managed to find myself in "life", and often times I will go months without playing.Β  When things smooth out and I'm able to get back into it, its realizing how far I've regressed during the layoff.Β  Having some simple swing flaw creep back in, and allowing that to damage the few times I get to play.Β  Almost makes me want to stay away until I can get back into the game with some regularity.

Golf for me is like that old highschool girlfriend that you think you still might have a shot at 20 years later...I love seeing her, but I hate seeing her.

This happened to me this Saturday:

I was in the middle of the fairway and I hit a 3/4 seven iron right at the hole. Β I thought it was going to be perfect and it ended up dropping completely short of the green and rolled down into a tiny water hazard I didn't even know was there (I know I should've, but it was raining and I was not paying as much attention as I should have). Β It was frustrating because it felt like one of my best shots of the day, but it actually caused a double bogey.

hitting a hook when your trying to cut it on a dogleg right, my home course has about 3 doglegs right and my natural swing is a draw and my miss is a hook, my rounds hang on these 3 doglegs lol

ive been hitting about 5 to 6 GIR lately, which is pretty good for me...then i end up 3 putting most of them and parring the reset....i cant make a birdie!! my putting has killed me lately. that and duffing chips......those two things make me rage every time.

I could easily make a top 10 list:

1) Spending almost 6 weeks changing swing planes and paths to fight a draw only to realize the problem was setup.

2) Watching a hit golf ball bounce, roll, and stop only to not find it when you walk to that area.

3) Taking two great practice swings on a chip, completely blow the actual shot.

4) Leaving a dead-center putt short.

5) Make bogey or worse when you're less than 150 yds in the middle of the fairway.

6) Overswinging and hitting a poor drive on a downwind par 5.

7) Follow up a birdie with a double (I'm famous for it)

8) Take one wedge for a chip shot, realize it's not the right club for the shot, hit it anyway because I'm too lazy to go back for another one.

9) Execute a 3/4 swing with a club, pure the shot and watch the ball sail over the green.

10) Take an uber-aggressive line on a putt and hit it 6+ feet by the hole.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Note:Β This thread is 4634 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!