Jump to content
IGNORED

My Swing( ScSeano)


Note: This thread is 3644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

Hey there, I'm Seán. The reason i've come here is because i am in dire need of some help. Recently , the last 2 months or so , my game has degraded to the point where the ball only goes a few yards infront of me , comparing to about 4 months ago , where i would crunch a pitching wedge 120metres. I have Two videos , one with an Iron and one with a Driver. Any help would be appreciated , but they are very short videos , but it's better than none , right?

So basically , everything has gone on me , except maybe chipping and putting , Tee to Green its like i've never played the game , extremely frustrating and if i didn't love the game so much i think i would of given it up

Heres the most recent video recorded this evening.



A
nd this is one from about 2 weeks ago.

I notice a few differences , nothing major , but that's what i need to change , whatever i'm doing wrong , i have no idea how to correct it,

HELP ME. :) Hehe thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

It would help so much more if you were actually hitting a golf ball... practice swings and real swings are often very different.



That's no problem , i'll get a recording of me hitting a ball sometime today and have it uploaded this evening.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your backswing is a tad long (see below) ;)  John Daly notwithstanding, you will never be consistent unless you shorten it considerably. The longest it should be is parallel to the ground.

Flash.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here's a video with me hitting a ball , lighting is pretty poor , very overcast morning and the camera might be a tad bit close , but i don't have much room to work with in that field :P

See what i mean by beginner stuff? I even miss the ball the second shot. I've been playing for about 5 or 6 years , and don't think i've ever done that other than starting off. Aside from that the others shots are very embarrassing , that's 3 shots , and i didn't connect well with either of them. I tried shortening the backswing there , is it any better?

Am i swinging too fast or too hard? I need to find a cure fast :/

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a few initial things I noticed.

1. I will mention this first because it appears to be the largest reason you are missing the ball so badly. You head is dipping a few inches down on your backswing, and never comes close to coming back up to its original position at impact. Try to keep your spine angle and head steady through the shot.

2. You seem very tense. You look like you are gripping the club too tight and your joints and movements look a bit too mechanical. Loosening up a bit should help with your timing.

3. You are still taking the club back much too far. Try to take 3/4 or 1/2 swings for a while. You will find that what you think feels like a 1/2 swing will actually be close to a full swing where it should be.

4. This is much more minor, but your stance is very wide. For a wedge like that your feet should be about shoulder width apart. Your feet are wider than I would have my own feet to hit a driver.

I hope that helps, and hope you start hitting the ball better again.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by parbreaker

There's a few initial things I noticed.

1. I will mention this first because it appears to be the largest reason you are missing the ball so badly. You head is dipping a few inches down on your backswing, and never comes close to coming back up to its original position at impact. Try to keep your spine angle and head steady through the shot.

2. You seem very tense. You look like you are gripping the club too tight and your joints and movements look a bit too mechanical. Loosening up a bit should help with your timing.

3. You are still taking the club back much too far. Try to take 3/4 or 1/2 swings for a while. You will find that what you think feels like a 1/2 swing will actually be close to a full swing where it should be.

4. This is much more minor, but your stance is very wide. For a wedge like that your feet should be about shoulder width apart. Your feet are wider than I would have my own feet to hit a driver.

I hope that helps, and hope you start hitting the ball better again.



Thanks for the quick reply , i'll be sure to head out back and work on these. Hopefully it will bring the connection back. I'll let you know how it goes as soon as i give it a go.

Thanks again :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think on top of your backswing your weight is not all to the right but more 50/50, or maybe even worse on the left side.

I think this is caused by the overswing.

also as mentioned earlier your head goes down on your backswing, i posted one off my swings yesterday where you can see

i do this also only less, and on impact my head is back to it's setup position.

I see one more thing whenn you start you backswing your not only going down you also move to the ball a bit, this is causing the shanks ( hard right ball )

Drills:

1. try make swings where your left arm stay's square to the ground

2. at adress turn your knees outside, this way you can turn hips more easy

3. take a pencil and lock it between your teeth the point should aim at the ball, now make your backswing at the top off your backswing the pencil should still

aim at the ball, if not your head moved

good luck

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by tomvk77

I think on top of your backswing your weight is not all to the right but more 50/50, or maybe even worse on the left side.

I think this is caused by the overswing.

also as mentioned earlier your head goes down on your backswing, i posted one off my swings yesterday where you can see

i do this also only less, and on impact my head is back to it's setup position.

I see one more thing whenn you start you backswing your not only going down you also move to the ball a bit, this is causing the shanks ( hard right ball )

Drills:

1. try make swings where your left arm stay's square to the ground

2. at adress turn your knees outside, this way you can turn hips more easy

3. take a pencil and lock it between your teeth the point should aim at the ball, now make your backswing at the top off your backswing the pencil should still

aim at the ball, if not your head moved

good luck



Thanks for the drills , these should help a good bit!

I hit a few balls earlier yesterday , just standing still not moving my head, and i did connect to the ball alot better , but it'l take quite awhile for it to stick , because i stuck a few balls left of the target , possibly cutting the ball. But i'll not worry about that yet , just want to get the connection right first.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah your stance is a little wide (I play a wide stance as well)

I dont know what club that is, but the ball position should be in the middle, yours is kind of up front.  And your weight goes towards your front foot during your backswing, try to keep centered until you begin your downswing and then start that hip slide.. Initiate the downswing with your hips after remaining centered over the ball during your backswing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Er... thats kinda narrow i got a little wider for a pitch and if you're hitting a full shot go about shoulder width/slightly wider... and take a full swing we need a full swing with you really going at the ball not just a little pitch..

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by bkoguy07

Er... thats kinda narrow i got a little wider for a pitch and if you're hitting a full shot go about shoulder width/slightly wider... and take a full swing we need a full swing with you really going at the ball not just a little pitch..



Sure thing , i'll get another video sometime this evening.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a video of me going full swing at a ball , i still notice my head dipping , harder to control i guess with a quick swing. But other than that is there anything else you guys can point out that i can change , the swing is still a bit long need to work on that more. You probably notice me leaning to my right , i thought that would make it easier for my weight to transfer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 3644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • And almost as if Florida is trying to double down on it, -->   Being a resident of SW Missouri, I guess I shouldn't throw stones.  It's almost like they're having a competition, except they've forgotten that LSW.
    • Day 1: Starting over because I keep forgetting to post. More chipping/pitching COVID-19 drills with new wedges. Then downswing priority piece work with 7-iron. 
    • My usual dbl bogie- bogie- bogie start till the back let me swing. Settled in and was 4 over at the turn after an additional bogie nullified by a bird.  Was even on the back till we hit a log jam on the tee of 15. lost concentration and bogied in. 80.  I would like to add, I wasn't having a particularly  good ball striking day. I could have easily shot a lot worse, but the forgiveness of the T300s and a good day with the flat stick kept me out of the mid 80s.  
    • Day 157.  I spent ten minutes hitting balls with my 6-iron indoors.  I'll be playing tomorrow, and I would have liked to get out to practice chipping and putting on a real green, but it wasn't in the cards for today's plans.  I am glad I at least got some practice in, though.  Hmm... I see Boogie did Superspeed.  I'm not sure why I put mine away a few months ago, but I need to get them back out and get back to it.
    • Day 35 (31 Jul 21) - easy day of working on trial arm position thru the swing.  I tend to under rotate (hips stop, arms try to carry the load), this drill forces the hips to keep going, taking the trunk with it.  
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Architex
      Architex
      (51 years old)
    2. cygnusjen
      cygnusjen
      (48 years old)
    3. Garbz3
      Garbz3
      (72 years old)
    4. Joefree
      Joefree
      (38 years old)
    5. KurtActual
      KurtActual
      (36 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...