IGNORED

Anyone Watch Dalton McCrary's How to Hit the Golf Ball as Straight as You Can Point?

Note: This thread is 1531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Steve Draper

Mr Desmond,

The video you posted was from one of his friends on their phone.

Dalton McCrary can be found at http://www.youtube.com/user/StraightTalkingGolf?feature=watch

It`s Straight Talking Golf not Straight Shootin golf  ( that video was done as a reply to one of his students)

Thanks.

Tuff to know when it says "by Dalton McCrary"

It's tough to discuss a guy when you have no idea what he teaches. I just don't understand the point of this thread. Apparently, his students want to discuss him, but they don't want to discuss him.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
He believes that golf instruction today, has become very complicated to most golfers. There are so many different `fix my slice` versions out there, it has become confusing.

That's opinion. Not information. Meat, please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It`s hard for me to explain Dalton`s swing method without showing it to you. This is a snippet of what I learned from Straight Talking Golf

He teaches you how and where to release the club head so it is completely square at the back of the ball.

Most teachers I know will tell you how to shape your shot to control your hook or slice.

The club head will only square up if the swing is done properly.

Yes, some people come from over the top or from the inside.

He even taught me how to diagnose my own swing and fix it immediately - and it worked.

Dalton does not teach you how use a quick-fix to cure a hook or slice. He tells you why you hook and slice and he`s dead right.He teaches a straight forward golf swing for all shapes of golfers and we obviously know that a lot of people are getting bigger (taller & heavier). I cannot shoot long distances because of a shoulder injury. But this swing works with all of your clubs. I can only hit a driver about 175, but straight where I want it to go, in the fairway.

His method of teaching will allow you to know where you will be at a given point. Let`s say I want to be able to hit 80% of fairways by my 3rd lesson. Dalton will teach you to do just that if you listen to him. It`s not a hard thing to learn.

I can hit the golf ball virtually dead straight after using this method and practicing it. Two weeks ago I went to my local course and purchased 2 buckets of balls.

After a few shots and warm ups, I shot 80 balls.

72 of them landed directly on the greens, half of them pin high. These shots were at 150, 100, 75, 50 and 25 yards. How did they land like that ? The other 8 were within 20 feet of the pin and this was on the 75 and 25 yard greens. I do not use a mat, I shoot from the ground outside without a bay to distract me.

It`s because I knew where the club head was at an given moment. I knew exactly where the club head was going to strike. And my balance was spot on.

I find it hard to explain this method.I`m not much good at that by typing. I could show you on a golf course.

Let`s just say, I learned the truth about the `late release` and where to release my club.

One other thing I learned, and this is my own thought - `If you see the flight - it`s going right`

It`s hard for me to explain Dalton`s swing method without showing it to you.

I agree, a picture is worth a thousand words.....by all means, please show us. I'd love to see a video of your swing.....maybe with your own comments on how/why it differs from others that you've tried in the past. Thanks! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Thanks David,

That`s the first positive reply I have had so far.

It will take me a couple of days to get it done because of work reasons, but I will do it for you

Well to be fair Steve, this is the first time you've offered more that just telling us that Dalton has sold 4 million copies, the cost of the videos and where we can get them. It's understandable that people would suspect that you are just being a shill for Dalton, no offense. I too am interested in seeing the swing and the ideas behind it.

When you say "virtually" straight what is the typical margin of error or tolerance allowance while still calling it straight? Would you consider a 3 yard draw to be virtually straight?

Kudos to you if you follow through with more information and discussion of this method. This could become a very interesting thread whereas up until now it has been wallowing in "Warrior Golf Clubs" territory.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Thanks Ernest,

I suppose a 3 yard draw would be ok if you were aiming to compensate for it. So I take it you are aiming your feet and club head at the target at the same time ?

I have learned that when you draw , stop and put a club at your feet, stand behind it and you will see that your feet are pointing at the target.

You will come over the top to compensate for it, thus creating a draw. It`s all about your balance.

One of my friends even looks down at his feet, then up the fairway to make sure he is aiming at the green. WRONG ! Guess where his ball is going every time.

He will just not listen because he thinks he knows better.

Imagine standing at the tee box and getting your driver warmed up. Can you really lean forward that far so your eyes are over the top of the club head ?

You can only do that with your short irons and putter. But leaning over like that and taking your shot would only cause you to take a divot so big, you could fill it with sand and call it a bunker.

Your eyes were not designed to see one-above-the-other. Stand back and take a look from behind after you put that club at the toes of your feet. If you are going in the bark, that`s because your club is aiming at the bark. If you close your club face or open it to compensate, you will put so much spin on it that it will start straight, but bend right at the last 50 yards.

My margin of error is about 20% but not in the trees, in the fairway. I don`t go for distance, I go for percentage. Getting a bogey at every hole will make you a decent golfer.

If you can keep in the fairway, you will feel good. You won`t bend your clubs and you will enjoy your game.

And this is just another point. I bet you know when you are going to hit a poor shot before you even swing your club. But, you still go ahead and do it. I have, I used to do it all the time. Not any more. Walk away think about sex or something and come back, take your shot without thinking and boom, it goes in the direction you want.

Thanks Ernest,

I suppose a 3 yard draw would be ok if you were aiming to compensate for it. So I take it you are aiming your feet and club head at the target at the same time ?

I have learned that when you draw , stop and put a club at your feet, stand behind it and you will see that your feet are pointing at the target.

You will come over the top to compensate for it, thus creating a draw. It`s all about your balance.

One of my friends even looks down at his feet, then up the fairway to make sure he is aiming at the green. WRONG ! Guess where his ball is going every time.

He will just not listen because he thinks he knows better.

Imagine standing at the tee box and getting your driver warmed up. Can you really lean forward that far so your eyes are over the top of the club head ?

You can only do that with your short irons and putter. But leaning over like that and taking your shot would only cause you to take a divot so big, you could fill it with sand and call it a bunker.

Your eyes were not designed to see one-above-the-other. Stand back and take a look from behind after you put that club at the toes of your feet. If you are going in the bark, that`s because your club is aiming at the bark. If you close your club face or open it to compensate, you will put so much spin on it that it will start straight, but bend right at the last 50 yards.

My margin of error is about 20% but not in the trees, in the fairway. I don`t go for distance, I go for percentage. Getting a bogey at every hole will make you a decent golfer.

If you can keep in the fairway, you will feel good. You won`t bend your clubs and you will enjoy your game.

And this is just another point. I bet you know when you are going to hit a poor shot before you even swing your club. But, you still go ahead and do it. I have, I used to do it all the time. Not any more. Walk away think about sex or something and come back, take your shot without thinking and boom, it goes in the direction you want.

No, I align my feet so they are parallel to my target line not aimed at the target which would actually be closed.

When you say that your margin of error is 20% is that error always on the same side? When you miss do you always miss to right or can your miss be to either side? I only ask because the general knock on all golf methods that advocate a straight ball is that you can't really predict where you're most likely to miss.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I guess a draw and fade works differently on all golfers.

I was just using my friend as an example.

So, if you are parallel and hit a slight draw, you have slightly closed your face at impact.

That will cause the ball to spin counter-clockwise. Is your right hand controlling the club on the way down, or are they both even. Or, is your left hand doing the gripping ?

Can you grab a club and do your back-swing and bring your club back to the front. Hold the club up straight out in front in front of you without rolling your hands around (e.g: point of impact)

and tell me what your club face looks like ?

My margin of error can go both ways depending on how the ball is sitting.

I guess a draw and fade works differently on all golfers.

I was just using my friend as an example.

So, if you are parallel and hit a slight draw, you have slightly closed your face at impact.

That will cause the ball to spin counter-clockwise. Is your right hand controlling the club on the way down, or are they both even. Or, is your left hand doing the gripping ?

Can you grab a club and do your back-swing and bring your club back to the front. Hold the club up straight out in front in front of you without rolling your hands around (e.g: point of impact)

and tell me what your club face looks like ?

Well actually I should be more clear here, I am working at developing a push-draw. Ball starts out right of the target and then draws back to the target. My club is NOT closed at impact, it's actually slightly open which is why it starts to the right, my path is further to the right than my face is pointing which creates the draw spin to draw it back to the target. If I were to hit a draw with a face slightly closed at impact I would be hitting a pull-draw, more commonly known as a dirty ****-ing hook.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Mr. Desmond

You seem to be very well golf educated from the number of post you  put up on just about every subject or forum offered you have some interesting comments.

You say you are from California now an implant to Dallas area of Texas. Well let me be one of the first to welcome you to my home state.. I can't live more that 20 minutes from you. Give me a call, 972-983-3331 and we'll stop all the debating on weather or not I know what I'm talking about or how well I can relate the golf swing to someone. And I mean real Andy By God quickly.  Be my guest and lets talk golf and play. I'll bring my camera man out and we'll document our time together so you can comment here on the Sand Trap and I'll have the follow up video posted on my web site.

Offer is good anytime ponder, your call. I'm in Addison. Little bar their on Belt Line just south of Toll Road, south side called Vernon's meet you there for a drink also anytime and we'll stop all this wondering. My approach is very simple. I've cut out 80% of what golfers who think they know the golf swing love to talk about. See I don't give golf lessons. I never have. I don't know how to give someone a golf lesson. What does a golf lesson consist of anyway? What, 30 minutes, 45 perhaps an hour. What in the world can you get accomplished with someone in 30 minute to an hour anyway? By the time you warm up and we get ready to learn your time is up. Golf lessons don't have an agenda for what they are going to accomplish that day. They just have a time set for you to swing in front of an assistant pro looking to make extra money. That's a lesson. That's not teaching golf or the golf swing.

Teaching requires you to be able to answer all of your student's WHY QUESTIONS. Why does my ball hook? Why does my ball Fade? Why do I top the ball? Why don't I get the ball in the air? Why don't I take the divots like you see on TV?  There are two main reasons why a golf ball fades and two main reasons why a golf ball hooks. As Rod White says, ' That's some important information to have right there.' But I don't give lessons. I teach golfer how to teach the golf swing. There are only two ways to change what you are doing that doesn't work for you consistently.

One: You can stand out there and hit 300 balls a day and if you are actually doing something different in time you may start to feel something different. If you hit enough ball. Worst case scenario you learn to make the same mistakes over and over very consistently and then play that way. The other????

Two: You can simply tell your body to do something different than it's done in the past and your body will do it instantly.  The trick is, knowing how to tell your body to do something different.

That's where I come in. I know how to teach someone how to teach the golf swing. and in the process of learning how to teach your son or daughter you'll learn how to play golf yourself. That's what I don and I'm the only golf teacher in the country that teaches this way. So I you have not experienced it then you can't intelligently comment on what I do. If you have not been though the course, agreed on a philosophy. And better yet you don't' even have to agree with me. The trick I have is the way I say it, you can not dis-agree with what I'm saying. I've never had anyone who could. And I've personally taught enough golfer to hit the ball dead straight with every club in their bag to fill the Cotton Bowl.

Yes, sir, I've had failures. Four to be exact in 30 years.

Golfer who think they can teach don't know how to tell their body do so something different that it has done in the past.

------------------------------------------Golf Teachers and weekend golfers who think they know the golf swing believe there is muscle memory----------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------And there is no such thing as muscle memory. ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, NOPE AND NEVER HAS BEEN.-----------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT? WELL GET READY FOR THE PROOF. BRAIN DEAD PEOPLE DO NOT MOVE .-------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------- IF YOU ARE NOT TELLING YOUR BODY DO SO SOMETHING IT DOES NOTHING--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------Every motion your body does the brain is telling your body to do it or it would not do a damn thing but lay there.-----------------------------------------------------

Don't even try to argue with that for you can't, it's the truth. Period, like it or not.

That's what I teach for the weekend golfer doesn't have a prayer of telling himself how to do something different that he's always done. Men, we believe we can get from point A to point B without directions. We believe we can put anything together without the instructions. AND, we believe we can teach ourselves anything.

----------------- But you can't teach yourself to be the best golfer you can become. Every player on tour has a coach.

I'm the weekend golfer golf coach cause I can't show you how to teach yourself to be the best golfer you can become. And be a self evaluator so when you miss a shot you instantly know why you missed it so your frustration with golf game is over. That's what I do. That is different than you've ever heard the swing spoken. You've never experienced it with all the golf you've been around. Therefore anyone who's not experienced it first hand are talking out of there behind for they know not what they speak of. That, I guarandamnteeyou.

I'm offering you this experience so you can speak with knowledge when you post. You have an open invitation my golfing friend,

Your call,

Sincerely,

Dalton McCrary

Your call, Sincerely, Dalton McCrary

Mr. Desmond, if you do truly live 20 minutes apart and there are no hidden fees or catches to this offer I truly hope you take him up on it. I'm fascinated to see the results and hear feedback from one of our own. What have you got to lose? Sounds like he'll even pay for the bucket of balls. In fact, I think you kinda have to take him up on it. I do believe "you have been served".

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Mr. Desmond, if you do truly live 20 minutes apart and there are no hidden fees or catches to this offer I truly hope you take him up on it. I'm fascinated to see the results and hear feedback from one of our own. What have you got to lose? Sounds like he'll even pay for the bucket of balls. In fact, I think you kinda have to take him up on it. I do believe "you have been served".

Great offer. I hope you'll take him up on it too! Would really like to hear your unvarnished perspective...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

------------------------------ Pay for the balls. Oh Podner, I'm going to pay for the balls, pay for the round of golf, pay for all your lost balls, pay for the cart, pay for all the cocktails we drink after we play, tip the waitress and give you $20.00 bucks for gas to get to me. -------------------------------------

.What else will it take to get you on the tee line for an afternoon and play golf?  Just let me know.

Yours Very Truly

Dalton McCrary

Originally Posted by DaltonsStudent

now thats puting your money where your mouth is .....lmfao!

Such a clever name.

Jeff

Great offer Dalton.

I have already posted twice in this thread and  am on record as being a believer.

With all the talk about "provide meat" I was very tempted to post, but I believed that the information that I bought was for my personal use and it was not for me to pass on.

If I lived close enough I would be there like a shot. I do hope the meeting takes place.

Note: This thread is 1531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!