IGNORED

Scratch golfer question.

Note: This thread is 3599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have my index down to as low as it ever has been at 1.5, that puts me at a 2 course cap.  I am trying to make the jump down to scratch like everyone else haha.  Did you do any thing specific to get yourself down to 0 from a 2.  Lessons?  I have never had a lesson and I am wondering if that would be key to fine tune things just enough, or I am worried that would mess up my game just as much as help it.

Thanks any thoughts would be great.

Originally Posted by NBGolfer

I have my index down to as low as it ever has been at 1.5, that puts me at a 2 course cap.  I am trying to make the jump down to scratch like everyone else haha.  Did you do any thing specific to get yourself down to 0 from a 2.  Lessons?  I have never had a lesson and I am wondering if that would be key to fine tune things just enough, or I am worried that would mess up my game just as much as help it.

Well, I was around scratch for years but I think as far as shaving 2 shots off your handicap goes you should chart out your rounds and identify where the areas for improvement are and then work with someone on how to go about it.  I usually hit a few balls way off line each round so I tried to shave a few strokes by learning a shorter and more compact swing...

If you want to get better quick though any major swing changes will throw you in the opposite direction and then some.  I'm 4 months into a new swing and i'm still a long way from learning how to use it and trusting it enough to be consistent.

Great advice there.  It's all about getting up and down and saving pars.  I was down to +.5 but, had back surgery last year and starting to slowly creep back down.  My ball striking is better than it has ever been but, my sand saves, up and downs, and putts are worse than ever.  I found that out by keeping track like the previous poster said.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by NBGolfer

If you are a 1.5 then it's not your swing that needs to be adjusted. It's either your putter or between your ears.

Thanks, I think I will start to pay attention to my stats more often, that is something I don't pay much attention to.  For me it seems to be that one big mistake that can add several strokes quick.   We have quite a few OB areas outside and inside the course and doesn't help any.

Thanks for the replys.

i honestly think all inside OB should be banned, its idiotic to have the area between holes, one half deemed OB for the other hole.

Besides that rant, getting to scratch is probably a few more GIR's, maybe one less penalty or two, or making a few more putts. Following stats would help out a ton.

Could be just practice. During the winter time when I don't practice as much and only play  2-3 times a month I lose my edge a bit and I creep up to a 1 or 2. By the time summer comes back around I put in my practice time, play 2-3 times a week and I go back down to a +1 or +2. Happens every year.

Note: This thread is 3599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!