Note: This thread is 3602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

you guys watching the riots in the UK? absolute madness

was walking through piles of broken glass on my way to the office this morning, work are sending us home early aswell incase it all kicks off again (Im in birmingham not london, but it kicked off here last night)

I was keeping up with it on Sky News and Twitter last night. I'm literally 2 mins away from Collier's Wood where there were a hundred or so youths setting fire to businesses and looting shops.

Mindless criminality all wrapped up in lame excuses like, "We's gettin our taxes back" and "It's justice for that kid last week"

Heads down boys, having lived many years in London, I can't believe what I am seeing. Always a spot out in Oz if it gets too bad.

Only if they can play cricket. Because we're stinking up the cricket scene at the moment.

Originally Posted by Stretch

I say ship the yobbos off to Oz, like the good old days! :)

Originally Posted by Stretch

I say ship the yobbos off to Oz, like the good old days! :)

Ahh! Those were the days....

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

Only if they can play cricket. Because we're stinking up the cricket scene at the moment.

True. I don't suppose it'll last but I'll enjoy it while I can!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Don't think that didn't get noticed by yours truly. They always swallow the whistle in the playoffs. When it is your team involved you just hope the calls or non-calls even out.
    • Day 116.  My golf room was occupied, but while watching the U.S. Open round on TV, I did practice my grip, stance, and putter swing on a rug in my living room (the room itself is hardwood, so I didn't practice there, and the ball was hit into a pillow when I hit a ball).  I did the coins drill from Stan Utley's The Art of Putting, where you have two dimes 3" in front of the ball and two quarters and a penny an inch or so behind.  The idea is to miss the coins on the backswing and hit the dimes on the way forward.  I had mixed results, two things occurred to me: 1.  I don't know if that's still what is recommended for a putting stroke.  I know from the obvious thread what pace is like in a good putting stroke, but I'm not sure I really know the rest. 2.  I don't know how to practice a putting stroke slowly or what that would even mean.  That seems like something worth learning.
    • Second entry; this time for second question.  My father doesn't play and I don't have any children.  My mother's father played when he was alive and well, but that was before I had any interest in the game.  I initially wrote an entry about rounds played in the afterlife (and that'd be the stat: rounds played), but while I meant it as a serious statement, I had trouble phrasing it to not sound like a joke entry. So here's the entry:  my good friend [name omitted] needs distance.  To some extent, he's the guy mentioned at one point in TST:  he won't hit it that far offline, and when he's within whatever an iron distance for him is, he's probably going to put it on the green, and once he's on the green, he'll likely be down within two putts.  
    • Pretty hard for settings that are around infinity for the most part to be out of focus. Time for a new TV.  
    • Jack Nicklaus has small hands and uses an interlocking grip.  Give it a try and see what you think.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Dan42nepa
      Dan42nepa
      (65 years old)
    2. James Dalton
      James Dalton
      (80 years old)
    3. JMHARDING
      JMHARDING
      (31 years old)
    4. mwh1023
      mwh1023
      (54 years old)
    5. Skeesh
      Skeesh
      (49 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...