IGNORED

Stories of people you've met...

Jimmy1993
Note: This thread is 4636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Grumpter

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

The point is, no one is going to "repeatedly" hit into you if you talk to them civilly about it the *first* time it happens.

Not always true. Just because it never happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Fair enough, then I'll amend my stance to this: 1)  It's the rare case when someone hits into you repeatedly once you've talked to them about it, and 2) If it does keep happening, calling the pro shop is a better solution than throwing people's balls in the water or hitting back into them.

Bill

There is a difference in being "hit at" and someone hitting a ball that comes close to you.  People act like a ball rolling to with in 20 yards of you is the same as taking a ball off the head.  If you have time to get in this persons face, hit a ball back at them, or something else then you should probably let them play through because if you do all that you are not keeping pace with the group ahead of you.

From stories I have read on here, and from real life situations it is usually the people who get "hit in to" that handle it wrong, not the people doing the hitting.

As for purposely getting hit into.  Unless you have a walkie talkie you do not hear what goes on at the tee box.  I doubt the guy says "Hey watch this I'm gonna hit into these guys and see if they get pissed and then maybe we can have a fight that will surely speed up the play".  Use some common sense here people

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

Fair enough, then I'll amend my stance to this: 1)  It's the rare case when someone hits into you repeatedly once you've talked to them about it, and 2) If it does keep happening, calling the pro shop is a better solution than throwing people's balls in the water or hitting back into them.

Yes it's rare. This was a long time before cell phones.Nudging someones ball back into the water was better than they deserved and amusing IMO.

I can agree that hitting back at someone may not be the best choice given todays no personal responsibilty attitude (oh you spilled a hot cup of cofee into your lap, that you set between your legs, while driving away from a drive through? Bring on the lawsuit). It was a simpler time back then and at my young age it felt right while also stopping them from hitting into us again. Today I can agree I might choose differently while still thinking hitting back at them is what they deserve.

Quote:

As for purposely getting hit into.  Unless you have a walkie talkie you do not hear what goes on at the tee box.  I doubt the guy says "Hey watch this I'm gonna hit into these guys and see if they get pissed and then maybe we can have a fight that will surely speed up the play".  Use some common sense here people

This guys tank top, jeans, shit kickers instead of golf shoes and the fact that he tried to pick a fight after I nudged his ball into the water say otherwise. Also try the thread from another user I linked to in my post a few up. There are times when people will not only purposely hit into you they may also hit AT you.

Don't get people started on the dress code.  What some one wears makes no difference.   As for reading part 3.  He said his friend was 60 yards from the tee box.  No body is hitting a drive 60 yards on purpose at some one.  He said he was 230 to 240  from the tee box.  For most golfers that is out of range.   Could of gotten a hold of one you never know.  There is two sides to every story.  While he probably should of waited for them to clear the fairway.  If you can hit some one from 240 out on purpose then you deserve to be a PGA golfer.

From what you guys make it sounds like the guy hit into you to try to get a charge out of you, and guess what he succeeded.

I'll agree with you that what someone wears does not define the individual but I am of the opinion that the guy wearing Jeans, Muscle Shirt and Shit Kickers is more likely to be a meathead. My experience backs up that opinion, your mileage may vary but I doubt it.

There are people hitting 60 yards out at purposely trying to get close to someone. Yeah it's the very, very rare exception but I guarentee you that stuff happens with the number of rounds of golf that are played worldwide every year. I witnessed a guy tee up a driver and puposely try to hit a house about 60 yards away because he was told to take his ball from a residents yard and play it from the course. Luckily he was bad enough to miss the house completely and the cops were called on that one.

Yeah the guy was purposely trying to get a charge out of us and he did. He ended the day without hitting into us again, his panties in a bunch and I was pretty calm despite him trying to pick a fight. Like I said I just flicked my hand and and told him go away. There were some brief words after that and then I just ignored his ranting. Problem solved.

Note: This thread is 4636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!