IGNORED

The story behind everything...what's in your bag?

lamebums
Note: This thread is 5726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Actual Bag: taylor made somthin or another. it holds my clubs
Driver: Callaway C4 stiff flex shaft....coolest driver ever. it was almost the "failed prototype" before the callaway fusion line came out. its 100% carbon fiber. from the face, to the entire head. light as all hell. got it on sale for like 100 bucks.

Irons:
-old-Hogan Apex Edge from like 1990 or somthing lol. they were forged cavity backs. hit way too hard for me. they were my dads and when he got new irons i wanted new ones so he cleaned them and gave them to me as a joke. but ive basically learned with those clubs.

*NeW*- Callaway Big Bertha 06' ... ive been wanting new clubs for hte longest time. i hadnt played golf in like 2 years just picked it back up this year. and went club shopping. always was drawn to callaway products and i was hitting these very well at mammoth golf so i got them. great deal too.. 400 bucks =)

Putter: Odyssey White Steel... eh.. just looked cool and wanted a new putter.. i had a STX Sync Tour and hated it.

Balls: just purchased callaway big bertha balls and the new Top Flite D2 "feel"... the top flite intrigued me so i got em.. im playing them friday.

In the bag:
Driver -Callaway Big Bertha "C4"
Irons -Callaway Big Bertha 06
Putter -Odyssey White Steel
Ball -Top Flite D2 and Callaway Big Bertha

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been golfing since I was a little kid but never had a descent set of clubs until I graduated college. I never knew the difference! But now I'm addicted! I'm such a head case that if I get in a slump and start slicing my driver, I try another. Same with the rest of the clubs. But here is the current combo

Driver. TaylorMade R7 Superquad with the stock X stiff Flex. My wife just bought this for me for my Bday and I love it. I hated my old driver so bad it's been in my garage for 6 months while I've been hitting 3 wood off the tee.

3 wood. An OLD King Cobra steel head (no idea the model or brand). I've tried others but I can't give this one up. I just hit it too straight.

5 wood. I don't always carry this club. I rotate it in and out with my 3 wood or 3 iron depending on the course. But it's a Nike SQ last years model with an Xstiff steel shaft. This is the one club that I can ALWAYS work both ways off the tee.

Irons. Nike Forged Blades that I bought cheap off of ebay last year. I'm probably not good enough to hit these irons (9 handicap) but I really do like them. I feel like they're making me a better iron player

Wedges. Taylormade RAC tours. I have a 54 sand wedge with a lot of bounce, and 60 with almost no bounce.

Putter. Scotty Cameron Studio Newport putter. I played with a Ping CrazE last year until our league playoffs. I missed back to back 3 footers on the last two holes to lose my match and my team was eliminated. I'd been looking for the Cameron for some time so I ordered it the next day.

Balls. PVIs in normal conditions Nike One Black in the wind.

Footjoy shoes.

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

Well, I finally did it. I had an hour to kill so I went and had my fitting for my new irons. I ordered the Titleist 775cb 4-GW. They are stiff steel (S300) in +1" and 2 degrees upright. It is the exact same specs on my current set, so the 4 weeks I wasted by waiting to hit a few buckets and play a couple rounds were not worth it. I could have been using them already. They will take about 10 business days. Does today count as one? If the store is open seven days a week do those days count too? Do I sound like an 8 year old waiting for Santa?
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Driver : Titleist 905T fitted with green Aldila NV65 regular shaft. Nice classic pear shaped driver I have head for just over a year now. Cant see me changing soon to be honest! Oh yeah, also changed the grip from those nasty Titleist cord's to a Golf Pride tour velvet.

Fairway Woods / Hybrids : Just got a new Mizuno F50 3wood fitted with a pink Aldila NV65 regular shaft. It looks the business and all I need to do now is change the Mizuno cord grip to a pink/black Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompound! Also playing a Taylor Made Duel rescue 19 degress. Fitted with stock shaft regular flex. I sometimes put a 5 wood in my bag depending on the course, which is a Yonex V-mass mirage, fitted with the stock shaft, again regular flex.

Irons : Have been playing the Nike Pro Combo's (4-PW) for nearly two years now. Took out the 3 iron with the addition of the hybrid. The blending of blades-muscle backs-cavity backs in one set works well althoguh I am looking to upgrade to possible a set of Titleist blades for more workability.

Putter : In the Summer I use a Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2. Got the grip changed to a Lamkin Crossline cord putter grip. Very nice feel and great look at address. Confidence inspiring! In the winter I change to a harder faced putter in the Odyssey DFX 2-ball with a Karakal red/white grip. Drew a black on the two balls to aid with alignment. Works very nicely.

Bag : Have two bags. In the summer I use a Titleist pencil bag. As I am a walker it is much more convenient in the hot weather. Carrys everything I need as there is no need for waterproofs/umbrella e.t.c In the winter I use a Ping Voyage carry bag. This is a great all round bag with an awsome stand system. Straps can take a little time getting used to if you're used to the Izzo type.

Shoes : Own two paris. A pair of white Nike SP7.5 and a pair of Footjoy Dryjoys (White). Both are top quality pairs of shoes. Not much else to say.

Other Stuff : Velvet pouch in which I store tees/ball markers/pencils/pitch mark repairer e.t.c. Tissues. Large cobra towel. Club bag tag. Srixon double canopy umbrella (If weather dictates). Putting string (Training aid). Water bottle. Titleist cap. Spare towels.

Balls : Predominently I use either the Pro V1 or the Pro V1x. I always mark them with a single short black line for alginment and a couple of black dots around the number. Have no preference on numbers.

Nutrition : Tracker bars. Banana's. Nutri-grain bars. Apples. Sometimes a sandwich.

Glove : Titleist Players Glove (Medium). Probably the best glove on the market. Used by a majority of tour pro's.

In My Bag

Driver: Titlesit 905T (10.5 dgreees) - Aldila NV65 Reg Flex Shaft (Green)
3-Wood: Mizuno F50 (15 degrees) - Aldila NV65 Red Flex Shaft (Pink)
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Duel (19 degrees/3iron)Irons: Nike Pro Combo 4-PWSand Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design SM58.08Gap Wedge:Titleist Vokey Design...

This is a pretty cool thread

I'll start with the clubs I have owned the longest and move my way down

Irons While working in golf retail about 6 years ago I was able to get a sweet deal on a set of irons. The Cleveland rep gave me, I think, 20% off cost. I was going to either get the Cleveland TA5 Gunmetal or Mizuono T-Zoid or MX-11, I believe. Profit margins on Callaway, Taylor Made, Titleist, etc weren't very good and I could get much better deals with Cleveland or Mizuno (and besides I really liked both clubs). Ended up with the Clevelands, I guess because at the time I wasn't able to play much golf and the TA5 was a little more forgiving than the T-Zoid.

Gap Wedge I actually got this 51 Degree 588 Gunmetal wedge along with a matching 56 when I purchased the irons. Figured I'd match but didn't want a TA5 A Wedge or Sand Wedge and the 588's were (and still are) classics.

Driver: I guess I just sort of stayed with Cleveland at this point. Again, these drivers got great reviews, I had a Original Launcher for a while and liked it so upgraded to the Comp. Got a good deal and read great reviews.

3 Wood, Halo, and NC Putter - Local golf shop stocked a lot of Cleveland and gave me a great deal on the putter and Halo. Had an original launcher 3 wood (got that to match the driver I had) and really liked it so I upgraded to the 2006 version recently.

CG10 Wedges - Got one for free as part of a rewards program and with my 588 56 worn out pretty good I got a 56 CG10 as well.

Oh yeah, I got a Cleveland "4 Under" stand bag because, well, I played Cleveland and the bag looked good (black and white). Titleist umbrella was given to me by the Titleist rep along with a nice supply of golf balls.

Ive been out of the golf retail thing for a while now - that's good and bad. Can't get the deals I once did on product but unfortunately that was one of the only good things about working in golf retail or a golf course

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Driver - TM R580XD 10.5degree Regular flex. I bought this last summer. I had two that I tested at Dicks Sporting goods. a 9.5 degree stiff flex, and the 10.5 degree regular flex. I hit them both similarly on their swing tester. I waited a few days, and no longer found the 9.5 degree there.. so i bought the 10.5 degree. I'm regretting that a little bit. I hit the 10.5 degree great and I get good distance out of it, but i feel like i get a much higher launch angle than I should, and I would have benefited from a stiffer shaft at least. But oh well, i'm fairly consistent with it, so who cares if i hit it 20 yards longer right?

3 Wood - Dunlop 3wood that came with a starter set i bought in 2002. I was in North Dakota for my first assignment in the air force, and I wanted to get into golf. I went to the local sporting goods store, and picked out the ones that looked right to what I wanted to play with. There was no science involved in my purchase. They look sort of like Ping i3's. They've turned out to be a pretty good set of clubs. I do think they're a little too heavy at the head for me though, but i can't justify a new set yet.

5 Wood - same dunlop set. This club I was thinking of replacing last summer with a 18degree hybrid. I got all into to trying hybrids out, and reading which one I wanted. Then i started actually pulling the 5 wood out in rounds I played, and found that this club comes through in a clutch. Its like it somehow knew that I was looking to kick it to the curb so it decided to step up to the plate and perform. With how many nice shots I've made with this 5-wood i just can't justify taking it out of my bag anymore.

Irons - Same dunlop set, see above story. I just regripped them, It won't be until next summer at least before i get a new set. That is more because I'm getting married and need to save the money.

Gap Wedge - This crappy wilson 52degree wedge that I wish i would just throw into a lake. I've never hit it well, and even though it says its a 52 degree loft, at address it looks like it has more loft than my 56degree Callaway sand wedge. I should really take this out of my bag, but I don't for some reason, since I did buy it. I think I'm in denial about this wedge. Any time I've touched it in an actual round it has only disappointed me.

Sand Wedge - 56degree Callaway tour wedge. I love it. Always gets me out of the sand, and only ever seems to fail me when I want to use it for longer shots. I've learned I have much better results just hitting half swings with my pitching wedge.

Putter - Its crappy, but when I hit it at the right point on the face it has amazing feel. Anywhere outside that area, it seems like the ball just springboards off the face. Very strange, i really need to upgrade it.

The Bag and the rest. I have a nike bag with backpack like straps. I have a Philadelphia Eagles towel. I have a ball mark fixer that mysteriously showed up in the bag one day. I seriously have no idea where I got it. Random change and about 50 million golf pencils. I seem to always get stuck with them in the group. Receipts from random things that have nothing to do with golf (again no recollections of how they get in there).

The balls - Lately i've been using Nike Soft, 2 dozen for $20 at dicks. They work welll for me

I'm terrible, but i have fun.

In the Bag:
Taylormade r580XD 10.5° Reg flex
3 + 5 wood - Dunlop graphite shaft parts from a set3-pw - Dunlop set that looks sorta like ping I3's (i'm sorely in need of an upgrade.)LW/SW/GW - Adams black 52, 56, 60 degree wedges.Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 34"Bac...

Well, I finally did it. I had an hour to kill so I went and had my fitting for my new irons. I ordered the Titleist 775cb 4-GW. They are stiff steel (S300) in +1" and 2 degrees upright. It is the exact same specs on my current set, so the 4 weeks I wasted by waiting to hit a few buckets and play a couple rounds were not worth it. I could have been using them already. They will take about 10 business days. Does today count as one? If the store is open seven days a week do those days count too? Do I sound like an 8 year old waiting for Santa?

Yeah...take a chill pill. I know it's much easier said than done when it's something golf-related (I myself am on the forum

because weather is keeping me from golfing...damn t-storms.) Did your stuff ever get in? Edit: Maybe I should go out and play in the t-storm..if lightning threatened to strike, I will just hold up a one-iron, because even God can't hit a one-iron.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

^lee trevino

Yep. Unhappily, it's true. When I golf with my buddies, one of them has a one-iron which I've never been able to hit properly. His handicap, if we tried to calculate it would probably be a hundred (we just hack it up and not care about score), and he bagged the one-iron after a year of struggling with it. I just yesterday tried to hit a one-iron I saw at Golf Galaxy in the machine....no dice. I hit a handful of screamers that went about 150 yards and only launched a few feet off the ground...or I'd really skull it (the kind that kills your hands on a cold day).

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Bag: Sun Mountain Cart Bag
Pullcart: Bagboy 2 wheel

Driver: Taylormade TiBubble2
3Wood: Taylormade Burner

Irons: 3-PW Mizuno MP-37
Gap Wedge: Mizuno 52degree
Sand Wedge: Mizuno T-Zoid
Lob Wedge: Mizuno Nick Faldo

Putter: Ping Anser (circa 1994)
Ball: Taylormade Black

Yes my woods and putter are old but I refuse to give them up because I'm still more consistant with them than other newer models I've played. I love my Mizuno forged blades, hands down the best irons I've ever hit in my +30 years of playing.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Bag: Taylor Made Stand Bag
Driver: Taylor Made R5 N 9.5 MAS Stiff
16.5 Deg: Mizuno F5
Irons: Taylor Made R7 TP DG300S
Wedges: TM RAC Satin 52 and 56
Putter: TM Rossa Daytona 33"

Ball: Sometimes Bridgestone but mostly ProV1's

Taylor Made's support has just been outstanding over the past 25 years that I have been playing so I refuse to go to another brand (Except the 4 wood!! ) I played Golf in High School with someone who is pretty famous on the tour now who uses a short putter and got me using a short one a long time ago.

R5 Dual 9.5
F50 16.5
R7 TP 3-PW
RAC Satin 52 and 56 deg
Vokey 59 deg Studio Newport 2 HX Tour 56

^lee trevino

You have Lee Travino in your bag?

I hope it's a staff bag. Kidding. That is one of my favorite golf quotes of all time. By the way, I just got the call from Golfsmith. My Irons are in. Now I just need to figure out how to get over there and pick them up.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

It is now official. I am the proud owner of Titleist 775cb Irons. 4-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts. They are +1" and 2 degrees upright. I am playing tomorrow morning and will give a full report on Monday. The timing was perfect. My league starts Wednesday. This way I can get one round under my belt with them before it counts for real.

It is now official. I am the proud owner of Titleist 775cb Irons. 4-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts. They are +1" and 2 degrees upright. I am playing tomorrow morning and will give a full report on Monday. The timing was perfect. My league starts Wednesday. This way I can get one round under my belt with them before it counts for real.

So...what happened?

So...what happened?

First round was ok. The clubs felt great. The problems were from bad swings not bad clubs. I played my second round Wednesday in my league and didn't hit a bad iron shot all night. Distances are still a little different than my old ones, but my wedges were bitting and the ball flight was consistent and controlable.

First round was ok. The clubs felt great. The problems were from bad swings not bad clubs. I played my second round Wednesday in my league and didn't hit a bad iron shot all night. Distances are still a little different than my old ones, but my wedges were bitting and the ball flight was consistent and controlable.

It sounds as if you made a great choice of irons. I find that if I put a good swing on them, the 775s truly perform as well as anything. Don't they feel so soft when well struck? Not that this means much, but I find it interesting to note that Golf Magazine rated the 775s the top "game improvement" irons of all those they tested. Well, congratulations on a fine purchase and finding irons that suit your game.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

It sounds as if you made a great choice of irons. I find that if I put a good swing on them, the 775s truly perform as well as anything. Don't they feel so soft when well struck? Not that this means much, but I find it interesting to note that Golf Magazine rated the 775s the top "game improvement" irons of all those they tested. Well, congratulations on a fine purchase and finding irons that suit your game.

They feel so soft. I can tell exactly where I hit them on the face. I hit them on three par 3's and hit the green on all of them. I birdied one and parred the other two. I was pin high on one and long on the second. The one I was long one was due to taking an extra club beacuse I still was not sure of my distance and it was over water. The birdie was a 9 iron from 135 and I knocked it to 6 feet.

started playing 3 years ago in new mexico ( 7-9 times a week baby)....

bought a membership for 250 bucks
bought some square two irons 150 bucks
bought two square two wedges 40 bucks (20 each)
was given an el cheapo putter
bought dunlop and topflite golf balls 16 bucks for 32 (at least once a week)
bought an el cheapo bag 30 bucks

played with that for 3 months

bought a tommy armour 845 silver scott 1 iron (16*) for 10 bucks in the middle of the first fairway from John ( the guy that got me started)

upgraded the bag to a 14 way divider system and got a bag boy cart

bought a clevland 330 launcher 8.5*
got down to about a 15 or so with this setup....

got a job at a CC .... then i really started playing golf

bought a clevland cg10 50* wedge...a week later
bought a clevland cg10 55* wedge....a week later
bought a titleist vokey 58* wedge....about a month later
bought mizuno mp-32's ..................about a month later
bought a nickent pipe putter............about a month later
bought a callaway BB 15* 3 wood......about a week later
bought a nike golf bag

played with that till i got down to about an 8.... moved to baltimore

bought a 905T ...............................about 5 months later
bought a scotty cameron studio design #3 putter.... about 3 months later
bought a mizuno f-50 18* 5 wood......about 2 weeks ago
caved the face of the callaway bb 3 wood in and sent it to callaway who, about 3 days ago, sent me a 13* x tour replacement......still havent hit one ball with it ( it's killing me)

thats the current setup....

Note: This thread is 5726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!