IGNORED

Leaving Tees in the Box

tx_basser
Note: This thread is 4641 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This.

Originally Posted by parbreaker

This has been a somewhat interesting discussion, and has caused me to think a bit about my own habits. I'm going to be honest and explain how I have always done things.

First, I always use wooden, non painted tees. The reason for this (other than OCD, lol) is simple. It's wood. It's not going to hurt the environment if it is left behind, or thrown into the woods, or tossed into a creek. It's wood, not a pop bottle.

Second, I always pick up any tees that are in good condition on tee boxes. As cheap as tees are, I hate having to buy them. They are little more than an overweight toothpick anyway. It seems silly to buy them sometimes, lol.

Third, I always use a partial tee if I'm not hitting a driver. I always look around for one, and actually find it depressing when I can't find a partial tee on a tee box because that means I've now got to use a perfectly good tee that probably won't survive this attack.

Fourth, I always leave partial tees on the teebox, typically by one of the markers. I do this mostly out of consideration for anyone else that may want to use it, but also partly because... it's wood.

Right or wrong, that's how I've always done things.

I fall into the category of always meaning to pick up my tee but sometimes forgetting.  Seems I'm pretty typical in that I do that more often when I've hit a bad shot and walk off the tee in frustration.  Personally I like that lots of people leave their tees behind.  I've played the last couple of rounds using only a couple plastic tees I found that people left behind.  And on par 3s, I never use one of my own tees.  I search around for broken tees or tees left stuck in the ground and use those.  In fact, when teeing off with anything but driver that's what I do.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4641 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!