Sign in to follow this  
ezmorningrebel

Putter grip alignment

Note: This thread is 3280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 posts / 2246 viewsLast Reply

I bought a Ping IWI Anser sight unseen from ebay last week and I've noticed that when I hold it in my natural putting stance the face looks slightly closed.  It had been re-gripped.  Does this just seem like an issue with the grip being put on slightly out of alignment?  Hopefully that's the case but it seems like the last few Ping putters I've picked up off the shelf have had a similar issue.  Is there any method I can use to assure that the grip is perfectly aligned when I replace it?  Thanks.

My ping CrazeE putter is like that.  I forward press and it comes right into alignment.  If that is not your natural alignment I would change it.

Can't help on the re-grip.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by ezmorningrebel

Is there any method I can use to assure that the grip is perfectly aligned when I replace it?  Thanks.

Regrip it yourself.  Do you have a linoleum or hardwood floor with intersecting lines?  If so, put the grip on then immediately set the head square with a line on the floor, then take your stance, and position the grip where you want it.  That's the DIY method, otherwise it would take a shop with a laser plumb tool to get the flat spot on the grip perfectly 90° to the face.

Note: This thread is 3280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!