IGNORED

Favorite Golf Shoes

mikelegacy
Note: This thread is 4559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Precis1on

I'm currently wearing 360 4.0's, but I'm interested in Pumas. However if they are wider, then they may not work out as well as I'd hope.

I'm not sure you should rule out any shoe that quickly...

Most of the high quality shoes are available in a variety of widths for a custom fit.  somebody please correct me if I am wrong........

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Most of the high quality shoes are available in a variety of widths for a custom fit.  somebody please correct me if I am wrong........

Can't correct you when you're right! LOL

• Administrator

TRUE Linkswear!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like Footjoy a lot but you would be doing yourself a disservice to not try out other brands too.  I thought I loved Footjoys until I tried on a few pairs of Adidas golf shoes.  I find the Adidas shoes to be more comfortable than Footjoys.

If I could afford it, Id likely have a pair of Eccos though.  Theyre great shoes but very expensive.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

FootJoy.

I have large feet (13EE or 13EEE depending on the style) and have tried the limited selection from other manufacturers that's usually available in retail stores without much luck.  It's got to the point that I don't even look at brands other than FJ anymore.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

If I’m walking and its dry out nothing beats ECCO Street Premiere (the shoe Fred Couples wears).  The upside they might be the most comfortable shoe, of any type, I've ever had on. Their downside is they are NOT waterproof. So, if its soggy or raining I switch back to my trusty FJ Dryjoys.

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

Originally Posted by Klutten3

I got wide pretty wide feet and i had some difficulties finding a shoe that fit me right. But then I found these:

I found that Puma had some wider shoes and these fit like a glove. First golf shoes I've ever had and i bought them when I had 14 handicap, hahahaha. :) Always used some Adidas sneakers before, and this was a big difference in stability.

I've got wide feet too and bought a pair of Asics GEL-Linksmasters.

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport

FULL LEATHER UPPER.............................................................

For all you shopping shoes...LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I have duck feet as well, 13EEEE, and have two pairs of True Linkswear. Will never wear anything else, unless they go out of business of course. Most comfortable shoe I've found for walking the course.

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Not ruling them out at all. I always go try things on before I do.

I'm on the opposite end of the stick from the norm it seems. Most clothes/shoes I find are too large, need a belt to hold 30/30 pants on my hips and an extra insole to keep most shoes from being too wide.

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

Well i would wear the shoes with the running shoe type mesh, if i know it hasn't rained. It would be nice to have a breathable shoe..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Zeph

My second pair was FootJoy, but I have since not bought them. Today I wear a pair of Nike Air Summer or Adidas 4.0. Very pleased with both.

I'll probably try some of the lighter shoes that have emerged recently, like the True Linkswear. I despise bad shoes and avoid them like the plague, always in search for better ones.

I've heard excellent things about the True Linkswear shoes!

RBZ 9.5 Stiff

R11 14.0 Stiff

Superfast 18.0 3 hybrid Stiff

MP-52 4-PW - Stiff, full cord Golf Pride grips

Studio Select, Newport 2.5

ProV1x #5-8

Never worn anything better than my TRUEs. Never going back to a spike shoe again. Looking to get a 2nd pair in the next month or so.

Whenever those TW Free shoes come out I'll try those - I love my Free trainers. Ashworth also has some shoes that just came out, similar to the ECCO, might be worth a look.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Finding golf shoes with width AND arch support is hard (95% of golf shoes don't meet this criteria).  You can sometimes find width but supportive shoes are rare.  Granted, you can use insoles for that but then the fit is different.  I have no brand loyalty.  I loved FJ contours.  For the money, they were the best shoe out.  There again, they didn't have the best support so i used insoles with them.  I now have two pair: Ecco and Adidas Nuovo.  I hate spending over $100 on a pair of shoes but hopefully with alternating these two, they will last me for two or three seasons.

I think shoes are a personal thing to be fair. I love the amazing reviews of True Linkswear shoes and Ecco Street shoes but to me I'd wear neither. The True shoes remind me of Crocs but without holes in them and Ecco look more like skate shoes. I'd feel embarrased walking around a golf course in such "casual" shoes myself.

Not saying there's anything wrong with others wearing them and seeing someone wearing them would fuss me either way; it's just that I personally wouldn't.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I've been a huge dryjoys fan for years, but after buying a pair of True Linkswear and walking a bunch of rounds in them this summer I haven't touched the other shoes.

They look like clown shoes, but man they're comfortable.

Note: This thread is 4559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!