IGNORED

What cool social/custom rules have you played under?

Lofty Lefty
Note: This thread is 4597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

we have a course that stays open all year so on those almost 40 degree days when we feel like playing we have our own set of rules we use: - frozen tundra rule : if your ball lands on the green and bounces off you get to put it back on (if you hit a wedge to a green th ball will most likely bounce 30 feet in the air due to the frozen ground that is like concrete -Snow drift rule: if there is a snow drift in your putting line you are allowed to make a path through the snow to the hole (this can get pretty creative, S's, ramps, etc get made) -Nancy Kerrigan rule: if your ball comes to rest on the top of a frozen pond it is in play (the ponds here freeze enough to skate on, why can't you play your ball off of it?.... this one is a risk reward deal, if you don't play it you still get the penalty stroke) not too exciting but it keeps it fun on a sunny 35-40 degree day

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

A group I play with sometimes has  a moving tee rule.  Make a double bogie and you move up a tee box.  Make a birdie and you move back a tee box.  You stay on the tee box you're at until you either Birdie or Double Bogie.

Butch

As others have said..2 off the 1st tee box, play which you like.  old farts on THUR dog-fight.  If I start on 18, I've 'tried' to use they rule that it was stated that 2 off the 'FIRST" tee box...dosent work!

Company outing we played what they called a "Shamble".  Everyone drives the ball, you take the best drive (like a Scramble) and everyone drops their ball there, then plays out the hole with their own ball.

Note: This thread is 4597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!