IGNORED

Hybrid problem

Note: This thread is 3478 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All,

I have a hybrid problem..... I hook the hell out of them!! I don't have this problem with any other club, just hybrids and I've tried them all. My question is... Does anyone else have this problem and have you found a cure?

Thanks, Duffy

Not saying you do this....but..

When people grab a hybrid they automatically think they need to swing it like a wood because of it's larger head and graphite shaft.

Swing it like an iron with a steeper swing than a wood, rather than flat-ish

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Swing it like an iron with a steeper swing than a wood, rather than flat-ish

Agree.  Best piece of hybrid advice I ever got was "swing it just like a 5 iron".    Since then it's become a great go-to club.

what you should also look out for is that a lot of "regular" hybrids have closed clubfaces and will promote a draw.  I'd suggest going to more of a "player" hybrid and see how that works out for you.

Thanks gang, I do swing it a little flatish and I haven't tried a TP version of a hybrid (why I didn't think of that is a mystery). Will give these gems of wisdom a try. Thanks again, Duffy

Agreed!  I see a lot of players playing a hybrid like a driver, usually getting the ball way too up in their stance.   Try playing the ball a little more middle.... ( if thats what youre doing)

Originally Posted by RJ32S

Agreed!  I see a lot of players playing a hybrid like a driver, usually getting the ball way too up in their stance.   Try playing the ball a little more middle.... ( if thats what youre doing)

This along with the advice of hit like a 5i did the trick.  I was getting really frustrated and now use it for multiple shots.  It floored me when I hit down on it like a 5i.  It was like Jesus was there with me.

If youre hooking it, youre hitting it with a closed clubface, so try playing it farther back in your stance.  Like the others have said, play it more like its a mid-iron instead of a fairway wood.

I'm having fat issues with my New 3 Hybrid too, the shaft is about 1.5 inch shorter than my 3Wood. So it's still quite long.

That being said, still try to hit it like a 5i?

i have this same issue with hybrids, its more of the way the hybrid setups, usually because most hybrids have offsets making it seem as though the clubface is already closed. so you see a hook before it happens. hence i like the adjustable premium hybrids like 910H titleist or the nike VR pro, jsut set them up for a +1.5* open face and smack away... it's generally better to miss to the right than to the left :)

Originally Posted by RJ32S

Thats exactly how I played my hybrids. Just like a driver with a flatter swing. Once I made contact it would always hook left. Friend noticed what I was doing and told me to just play them like an iron and everything changed.  They get up, straight and long just like they were meant to be. No I have a lot of confidence in them. Try playing just like irons.

Note: This thread is 3478 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!