IGNORED

Best score with 9i :)

Note: This thread is 4595 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

9 iron is my 130 club...

Sean's made some pretty childish posts in his day (I think he'd be the first to admit that), but the one you quoted doesn't seem to be one of them.  If anything he was just clarifying for Zeph what the OP was asking.

I'm not sure whether you're attempting to stick up for me or going out of your way to insult me.

How about you block me so you don't have to read any more of my posts, and I won't respond to any more of yours.

Toodles.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by pawulinho17

I just wanted to ask what is the best distance you've ever achieved with 9i, nothing more ;p

BTW i've beaten my record to 170m :D

Your original choice of words (that you're still using in this post) seems to be what's troubling some people.

What you obviously mean is simply, "What is the farthest you've ever hit a 9-iron?", yet you're choosing to use the term "best" to mean "farthest" or "longest".

Farthest is not necessarily the "best" if you were trying to hit the ball a specific distance which was much shorter. A 170m 9-iron might be fantastic at the driving range, but when you're playing to a flag that's 130m away, a 170m 9-iron is not so good.

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Your original choice of words (that you're still using in this post) seems to be what's troubling some people.

What you obviously mean is simply, "What is the farthest you've ever hit a 9-iron?", yet you're choosing to use the term "best" to mean "farthest" or "longest".

Farthest is not necessarily the "best" if you were trying to hit the ball a specific distance which was much shorter. A 170m 9-iron might be fantastic at the driving range, but when you're playing to a flag that's 130m away, a 170m 9-iron is not so good.

Man, i know my english is not perfect, and, ok, distance is not only a goal in golf, but i meant just distance. Don't you think i would create my question like "what is your most accurate shot with 9i" or something like this ? I know that the word "best" is not the best word, but please, just look at the answers Yes I'm asking about distance and Yes i know that distance is not everything in golf.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english :)

I've hit a 9-iron... what... 160 or so yards before. Can't promise it was the longest one I've ever hit, but it would probably be right around there. I don't really pay attention to distances of crappy shots, though, that shot was fairly thin and I barely got under the ball enough to get it up. When you talk about short irons, I think it's hard to have your longest hits not be the thin ones. I can hit my PW the same distances as my 7i if I catch the PW thin in just the right way. There's no way I could hit my PW or 9i longer with a solid shot than with the right type of thin shot. My average 9i, though, is 120 yards.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

My 9i is my 135 club which is a relaxed swing, I can get it up to about 145 if I really need to but never really do. One of the kids on the golf team in our practice a couple of weeks ago was out with me and the club pro. We were on an uphill par 5 second shot and were 215 yards from the green, uphill, know because of the family tees. The family tees are 210 yards marked by skycaddie. He puts his 9i on the fringe of the green, the club pro and I just looked at each other in shock or just seeing him hit an uphill 200 yard 9i. It helps he is 6' 7" so he can generate some serious clubhead speed due to his height. Fun to watch!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4595 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!