IGNORED

Need a more Forgiving Hybrid.

Elmer
Note: This thread is 4578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't overlook the Mizuno JPX 800, I was struggling with my Nike Sumo and got a Mizuno one, it is very forgiving and long.

So good I got the driver to match

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

I have struggled with the same problem with hybrid and 3 wood and am just starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not an oncoming train. Hit my irons well but just couldn't get any good contacts with the hybrid or 3 wood so I purchased an adams A7 and got rid of my nickent 3dx hybrids and went to the range and hit alot with my hybrid and 3 wood off the deck. I am just starting to see good results with the hybrid and need to continue to work on my 3 wood. While the adams hybrid did make a difference no doubt about it the main thing was ball position, just forward of center, club grib facing pants zipper and I do swing down as with a iron and practice, practice, practice and then be brave enough to give it a try at the course has started making a big difference for me. I have decided to stay focused on the hybrid to omprove results before I go to work with the wood off the deck, but my 3 hybrid now sails approx 180 off the deck and that works for me. Your end to the problem may lie with just more dedicated practice, I needed a stiff staffed hybrid at the end of the day and practice.

Originally Posted by Ash1974

Don't overlook the Mizuno JPX 800, I was struggling with my Nike Sumo and got a Mizuno one, it is very forgiving and long.

So good I got the driver to match

I did this but in reverse. Got fit for driver. Loved it. Got fit for 3W and also loved it. Tested same flex hybrid and loved it. Now have a TM Burner 4H for sale.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

there's no rule that says you have to play hybrids.  if you hit your fairway woods better then go with that.  i hit my 5 wood a lot better than i can hit a 3 hybrid that is similar in loft.  maybe a 7 wood a 4 iron would be a better choice.

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

Bobby Jones-Jesse Ortiz Workshop Hybrid - if you don't hit the ball all over the face, a great club because of its versatility. If you call the Hayward CA HQ, you'll probably talk with Jesse, and you can discuss shafts - small upcharge for a decent shaft. They're priced now in stock shaft at $85. A great club.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i agree that those are great clubs but if the OP is looking for more forgiveness a bobby jones hybrid is probably a step in the wrong direction.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Bobby Jones-Jesse Ortiz Workshop Hybrid - if you don't hit the ball all over the face, a great club because of its versatility. If you call the Hayward CA HQ, you'll probably talk with Jesse, and you can discuss shafts - small upcharge for a decent shaft. They're priced now in stock shaft at $85. A great club.

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

I know it isn't a famous name brand, but I've found my Power Play System Q2 hybrid (with Cadence Blue Hybrid shaft in S-flex) to be the most forgiving hybrid I've had.  I've owned hybrids from brands like Orlimar, Maltby, and a few more I don't really recall at the moment.  I'm sure having a shaft flex that truly fits me helps as well.

Driver - Cobra Amp Cell/Maltby KE4 V 10.5

FW - Maltby KE4 ST-F 3W

Hybrids - Cobra T-Rail+ 3H and 4H

Irons - Maltby KE4 SS1 4-GW

SW - Cleveland CG16 56*

Putter - Nike Method Core MC02W/Bobby Grace AMG Triumph

Have you tried an Adams Idea Tech V3?  Fantastic little hybrid (it's smaller head may be intimidating compared to other hybrids, but it is very forgiving).  I am having a really hard time deciding if I prefer the V3 or my 910H clubs.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Originally Posted by ezmorningrebel

i agree that those are great clubs but if the OP is looking for more forgiveness a bobby jones hybrid is probably a step in the wrong direction.

Valid point if you only look at size. It's forgiving in the sense of bulge and roll, the height you get on the club (easy to get in the air); and its versatility is more forgiving in the rough due to its rounded sole. I guess it depends on where you need the forgiveness.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Gresh24

I tried, and struggled with, several differnt hybrids.  Adams were the best for me.

Hows that A7OS Hybrid working for you?

BTW, we have similar likes.  I too game the 2004 Big Berthas and just started using the e6 ball.  Might pick up the Adams since Dick's Sporting Goods has them on sale for $79

Quote:

Hows that A7OS Hybrid working for you?

BTW, we have similar likes.  I too game the 2004 Big Berthas and just started using the e6 ball.  Might pick up the Adams since Dick's Sporting Goods has them on sale for $79

I really like the A7OS 3 hybrid.  I tried a lot of them before settling on this one.  I liked the larger head and more forgiveness it offered.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

I have a TM Burner Superfast hybrid and for me it's very forgiving; far more forgiving than my driver or 3w that's for sure!

The only thing I can think of that may be hampering you is how you address the ball with it. For me I set up like an iron shot rather than a wood shot if I'm hitting it off the tee and I'll tee it the same height as an iron shot too. Often I'll play it even further back in my stance if it's a trouble shot I'm attempting and I don't want the face pulled open by rough.

Agreed My TM superlaunches are my favorite clubs in the bag, my stubby driver a close second. I have hit the Superfast 2.0 Rescue and those were pretty sweet I went for last years model becasue I could get two for the price of one.

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

I struggled with the Nickent 4DXs when I first got them but like so many others have said I began to treat them like irons and hit them well on occasion, not so well on others.  I think that they're a good club but if you're looking for value and forgiveness look for a set of Nickent 3DX RCs.  Inexpensive and easy to hit.

I have a Taylormade hybrid (22* Rescue) that I still put in the bag from time to time.  It must be five years old and it's still as solid and forgiving as anything I've hit since getting it.

What's in the Bag:
Driver: Taylormade SLDR 12*
3-wood: Taylormade Burner 15*
Hybrid: Taylormade Burner 19*
Irons: Callaway XR

Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Newport Studio

I had an Adams A4 (earlier generation than your A7) ... most unforgiving hybrid I ever had - if you catch it just right, it's sweet ... little tiny bit fat, forget about it, jerks way right OB.     I'm liking my Fybrid 19° much better ...

Originally Posted by Gresh24

Quote:

I really like the A7OS 3 hybrid.  I tried a lot of them before settling on this one.  I liked the larger head and more forgiveness it offered.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

My A7OS 3 hybrid is becoming one of my favorite clubs.  The more I play it, the better I'm hitting it.  I now have a weapon that has been missing from my arsenal.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

Note: This thread is 4578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!