IGNORED

First Eagle! Tell your first Eagle story!

Spyder
Note: This thread is 3452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I honestly don't know for sure where/when I made my first eagle......

I first became a diehard golfer in 1992 and I've recorded every score along with specific details of every round since January of 1993.  I kept a log of every 9/18 hole score, birdies made, weather conditions, who I played with for every round since January of 1993.  The funny thing is that in my early years, I counted an eagle like 2-birdies..............WTF?  yea, I was a beginner...what did I know?  I have memories and can narrow down my first eagle between 2-3, but I can't recall my first eagle with certainty.

When It comes to par 4 eagles, I know exactly when it happened...............I jarred a 3-iron from 228yds!!!!  That was SWEEEET!

I can recount every single one of my 10 par 4 deuces.........yep, I've made 10 of them.

My par 4 deuces:

My home course is traditional and has 10 par 4s and I've made eagle on 7 of them.  From the tees I mostly play, the course plays 6564yds....137slope...72.5cr

#1..........357yd par4........jarred from 100yds....3 wood/56deg wedge

#4..........358yd par4........jarred from 45yds......driver/sand wedge

#5..........408yd par4........jarred from 150yds.....driver/9-iron......terrible drive in the left rough...LOL

#8..........364yd par4........jarred from 50yds.......driver/flip/wedge

#10.........414yd par4.......jarred from 150yds......terrible drive in the left rough

#11.........348yd par5.......jarred 2nd shot 3 times...from 50yds, and 2 chip-ins

#16.........322yd par4.......jarred from 80yds........60deg wedge

My first par4 eagle was the best.......

452yd par 4....I hit a bad drive into a tree........Jarred a 228yd 3-iron............that is nuts.  It was my first par4 deuce.............

that's awesome.  A buddy of mine grew up playing the same course and he is now in his 60s.  He has made eagle on every hole on the golf course and hole in one on all the par 3s.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My first Eagle was a holed out 8 iron on a par 4. I remember looking all over the place for the ball since I was sure it was going right at the green. Then one of the guys says, "Is this your ball?",pulls the flagstick out and the ball pops right out. Pretty awesome.

First putting Eagle was on the same course. #9 Par 5. If you hit your tee shot just right it will go over the crest of the hill about 225-235 out and roll down to the flat bottom. I did just that and stuck a 6 iron to about 12 feet away for my second shot. I made the putt and another playing partner asked, "Birdie?". I happily replied "Eagle!". I love golf.

I've been so close so many times but never had an eagle until yesterday.  It was on the first hole a 493 yard Par 5.  I hit a terrific drive which was just off the fairway on the rough on the right hand side.  The lie was pretty good and it was a little down wind so I decided to hit a strong 6 iron and let the wind give it a ride.  I hit the 6 iron flush with a slight fade right towards the pin and I ended up about 2 feet from hole for a tap in Eagle.  I then followed up with my first round in 70's with a 78 and it could have been much better because I 3 putted on 3 holes and made a couple other mistakes.  I've shot in the lows 80's several times and been on the green on 2 but never manage a round in the 70's or an eagle and yesterday I did both.  Can't be any happier today.

My first eagle came in one of my first High School matches as a freshman.  I was kicking the ball around the golf course, playing poorly.  It was cold and somewhat rainy, and I best remember shivering with chattering teeth most of the round.  I was on the #1 handicap hole, which was a dogleg right par 4 that had nothing but disaster and peril if you tried to cut the corner.  The green sloped considerably from back to front and from right to left with numerous ridges in between.  My drive was hit well but was heading straight for a tall tree that stood just off the fairway at the dogleg.  Luckily it skipped passed the tree leaving me with a clear look at the green, about 160 yds away.  I took a full swing with a 7-iron at the pin that was at the right-middle of the green.  The ball landed at the small flat spot short of the pin, took one more hop forward and then in the hole.  The group ahead of me was on the next tee watching, and ran over to see the ball in the hole and started yelling.  I raised my fist in the air, thrilled more-so about not having to putt than the fact that I scored a 2 on the toughest hole.

Despite that, I ended up shooting 45, so my 2 was literally a cherry on top of dog crap.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Originally Posted by cilos2

I've been so close so many times but never had an eagle until yesterday.  It was on the first hole a 493 yard Par 5.  I hit a terrific drive which was just off the fairway on the rough on the right hand side.  The lie was pretty good and it was a little down wind so I decided to hit a strong 6 iron and let the wind give it a ride.  I hit the 6 iron flush with a slight fade right towards the pin and I ended up about 2 feet from hole for a tap in Eagle.  I then followed up with my first round in 70's with a 78 and it could have been much better because I 3 putted on 3 holes and made a couple other mistakes.  I've shot in the lows 80's several times and been on the green on 2 but never manage a round in the 70's or an eagle and yesterday I did both.  Can't be any happier today.

Congrats...sounds like it was a good day.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by cilos2 View Post

Congrats...sounds like it was a good day.

Thanks, hope I can do it again in the near future.

1988 - Par 5 - double dogleg (Left off the tee, right to the green).  Could play a 5 wood over the trees and a 9 over the next trees to the green.  Birdied that hole a lot (#11 - Arlington Golf Course in Illinois).  Put it close enough 2 times to make the putt and get eagle.  Helped to be 28!

My first eagle was a double-eagle. hit driver 7W on a 498 yard par 5. boo. ya.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Originally Posted by Domenic

last night...in my dreams....and i woke up wet

filter...just once...use a filter before you type. wtf.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

First Eagle must've been around 1990- dogleg right, par 5 (around 550 YDS), 5 wood off th tee (hit a hook and cut the dog leg), 2nd shot 4 iron to within 5 feet...made the put..was one of the happiest days of my life (game fell apart after that!).

Best Eagle...Par 4- 400 yards...water on the left starting at 300-bunker on the right at 250 followed by trees on the right...hole pretty much long and straight...5 wood off the tee staright into the bunker...150 to go...from the bunker...choked down on a 6 iron and caught the ball perfectly, two bounces and straight into the hole!!!!!...game fell apart after that one as well.

Best round ever...shot 2 over, 18....started the round by driving (this time with the diver) the first hole (330 YDS- 315 to the front of the green)...had about a 40 foot put for the second and drained it..game fell apart a bit...but then recovered to shoot my lowest score ever.

Moral of the story...expect my game to fall apart every time I get an Eagle:)

My first eagle came last year. It was the 11th hole, par 4, 350 yards. In all honesty it was a horribly played hole with a lot of luck. I mishit my drive to the right rough and left me about 100-120 out from the flag stick. My second shot I also mishit but hit the green and it took a sharp left bounce towards the flag stick but I couldn't see it after that as there was a hill in front of the green. These greens were so fast I thought i rolled off the back of the green. As I'm searching for my ball with my putter and wedge, my friend goes up to the hole looks in and walks away, letting me look for the damn ball for another minute. As I'm getting ready to drop, he says why don't you look in the hole. Sure enough my ball is sitting in the hole. After that I was pretty excited even though I played the hole pretty horribly.

Originally Posted by Goodfella

My first eagle came last year. It was the 11th hole, par 4, 350 yards. In all honesty it was a horribly played hole with a lot of luck. I mishit my drive to the right rough and left me about 100-120 out from the flag stick. My second shot I also mishit but hit the green and it took a sharp left bounce towards the flag stick but I couldn't see it after that as there was a hill in front of the green. These greens were so fast I thought i rolled off the back of the green. As I'm searching for my ball with my putter and wedge, my friend goes up to the hole looks in and walks away, letting me look for the damn ball for another minute. As I'm getting ready to drop, he says why don't you look in the hole. Sure enough my ball is sitting in the hole. After that I was pretty excited even though I played the hole pretty horribly.

I'd say you played the hole perfectly.  No pictures on the scorecard.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Originally Posted by Gioguy21

filter...just once...use a filter before you type. wtf.

sorry your post made me laugh, but whats a filter

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

I've had two eagle putts in my 2 years playing.

First one was a 30+ footer that I drove the green on a 260 yard par 4. Ended up with a birdie, no big deal. I don't expect to make those long putts.

Second one was a 7 footer on a par 5. Driver > 5 wood. Three putt for par.... damn game

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

My first and so far only eagle was on a short par 5 dogleg left.  Hit to the right rough with driver and then on in 2 with a 5 iron.  Sank a 10 foot uphill putt.  What made it so memorable was that I got it on 9/11/2001.

Barry

In the Bag

Custom Built
Driver - R7 Draw 460 / Matrix Studio 84 Shaft X-Stiff
3 Wood - Kest S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff5 Wood - Kent S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff3 Hybrid - RX Low Pro / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-StiffIrons - 4-PW C1 Tour / Precision Rifle...

Wedges - Titlest Vokey Wedges SM5 56-14 and 52-12

I've had too many 3-putt pars (even had a 4-putt bogey on a short par 4 once) so it's likely my first eagle was my first hole-out from the fairway on a per 4, which I do remember clearly. My only eagle of 2011 (several 2-putt birdies) was also a fairway hole-out. My first birdie was a chip in from the trees.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

eagle pending :(

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Note: This thread is 3452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!