IGNORED

Annoying Things Golfers Say and Do on the Course

Lag Rag
Note: This thread is 1407 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, excuses on the golf course!

If you're playing bad, admit it, manly. I do not want to hear after every shot how you "lost" your swing, how the grounds uneven, how the lie is bad, etc, etc, etc....

Also, there is nothing worse than a really bad golfer pretending he / she is great.

There is nothing wrong with being an average golfer, you do not need to pretend that your 95 is normally a 75.

RBZ 9.5 Stiff

R11 14.0 Stiff

Superfast 18.0 3 hybrid Stiff

MP-52 4-PW - Stiff, full cord Golf Pride grips

Studio Select, Newport 2.5

ProV1x #5-8

Originally Posted by RJ32S

I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, excuses on the golf course!

If you're playing bad, admit it, manly. I do not want to hear after every shot how you "lost" your swing, how the grounds uneven, how the lie is bad, etc, etc, etc....

Also, there is nothing worse than a really bad golfer pretending he / she is great.

There is nothing wrong with being an average golfer, you do not need to pretend that your 95 is normally a 75.

lol I'm not saying you should laugh at it, but I've heard all of these so often that I can honestly just laugh when I hear it. It's honestly like a comedy when I hear these and I can't help but to laugh. I accidentally cracked a laugh when 1 guy said "This damn course has NO even tee boxes at all. I may as well be standing with my hand up my ass and one shoe on!". Another guy behind the tee box muttered "Maybe that's what he's been doing wrong all day" and you hear like 3 chuckles from the old timers lol. He just stared at us and pretended like he was going to throw his driver in the lake. Then another old guy says "he would of missed the lake probably". lol My favorite group of golfers are the seniors. They're retired and have no where to be, have all day to do what they're doing, make everything a joke and yet have no time for bs lol.

Originally Posted by Loochy88

Honestly, not much bothers me. When I'm out golfing everything pretty much rolls off my back. The only thing that irritates me is the end of the round.

I hate standing on the 18th tee box....I want the round to keep going.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Being a "new" golfer and still learning my game, I am often very hard on myself, and do let frustrated rants out when I make stupid mistakes.  So that being said I am very accommodating on the golf course, because I know how it feels to make mistakes.  But one thing that bothers me, is people that take too long.  Too long looking for balls etc, just not playing ready golf.

It takes me quite a few holes to get warmed up and in a groove, and after getting in the groove, starter let two ladies off on the back 9 and they took forever...........took about 1 1/2 to finish final four holes, and mentally was checked out of the game.

Another bothersome issue is peoples integrity.  A friend of mine who I consistently play with, rarely keep score because we both are just trying to get better.  When we are joined by other friends and we will play for lunch at the turn, now playing for points, he is not counting the shanked shots off the tee, or claims he found his shot in some ridiculous brush. I'm not worried to much about a $3 hot-dog.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes I get on as a single and get stuck with some dudes who bring along a half a rack of Budweiser on their cart. "Are you here to golf, or party?" I dunno...just bugs me. Another thing that bugs me is I sometimes play with a good friend who has a simply awful swing. Really bad. Charles Barkley bad. He has no idea where the ball is going  (if he actually hits it). But what bugs me about this is he will set up and stand over the ball for an eternity like he's doing Transcendental Meditation or something...then he'll look at the target...at the ball....at the target...at the ball....pause..................look again.......... pause......  (you get the idea.)   I'm standing there thinking to myself  "good grief, what the heck are you doing....you have no idea where that thing is going!!!  Just hit the ball so you can get another one out of your bag!!!"  Then after all that production.... swing!!  And the ball goes about 17 yards and I have to sit through the whole process again, only this time he intensifies his concentration. Oh well,, I guess that's what friends are for.   (but it still annoy's me)

Agreed, people that just flat out suck seem to think if they stand over the ball for minutes on end pondering their shot, it will go where intended.  When I last played two weeks ago, I got stuck behind a foursome that were literally on the 10th tee box for 15 minutes.  Of course, it was in the afternoon so no ranger was around to enforce pace of play.  Finally got pissed after completing the 11th and cut ahead to the 13th and completed the 14th (INCLUDING a fairly lengthy visit with the cart girl!) before they even finished the 12th!

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

the only thing that kind of bothers me are groups in carts who don't let me through when I'm walking. It gets a bit boring to have to sit down and wait 10min between every shot. I usually just lay my bag down and get some shut eye while i wait though

Personally, I can't stand the golfer "uhhhAHHHH" sound that comes out on a bad shot. I can hear it even as I'm typing. It has that transition from the "uhh" to the "AHHH" as the ball hooks into the woods. We get it...you hit a bad shot. Time to move on. No need to hit us with the same noise every other golfer utters on a bad shot.

The one thing that bothers me is people who don't understand how to keep up a decent pace of play. The classic is the guy who gets out of the cart, grabs a club, realizes when he gets to the ball it's the wrong club and goes back to the cart. Take a couple clubs just in case!! Some people are so unaware - hard to understand.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

That's classic!

Originally Posted by goblue107501

One of these days I [sic] going to go Elin on somebody with a 9-iron.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

lol We were stuck behind a guy the other day who was dropping balls on a Par 3 teebox as if he were a magician because he kept dropping his balls short of the green in the water. The hole is a Par 3, 140 yard - island green completely surrounded by water on all sides except Left - which has a really narrow 20 yard wide walking area attached tot he cart path.

This guy was just doing this, over, and over, and over, etc.

1. Drop ball
2. Hit
3. Hear the water splash
4. Yell obscenity

-REPEAT-

He lost around 9 balls before skipping the drop box and the green and moving on to the next tee LOL  I'm not sure this qualifies as annoying though because we were doing everything we could not to die laughing. This was like America's Funniest Home Videos stuff if I had it on my phone!

I hit a shot, while ball is still flying in the air i hear nice shot as the ball continues to slice or hook into the rough.  I turn and say oh yeah, nice shot into the rough huh? Well it looked good when you hit it.  Its like wait until the ball lands before you start telling people how nice their shot was.  It annoys the hell out of me.  My playing partner is guilty of this and does this to strangers we get paired up with too.

Oh yeah the slow group ahead that holds you up whole after whole and every time you try to play through when you arrive to the next teebox they are just driving away in their carts.  Oh so close.

Golfers who get so mad when they putt they slam there putter into the green, some causing huge gashes in the green.

Golfers who dont fix there ball marks, at least fix ones you find, it would go along way to saving greens

Golfers who are so loud there voice carry a long way, be considerate that there are golfers you might not be able to see hitting the ball

Golfers who don't yell, FOUR!!!, i don't like to hear a thud from a ball landing near me

Golfers who drive there carts right up next to the green or tee boxes, its so much fun to play a golf ball from tire tracks.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I played with a guy this last week who shanked one badly into the high grass on a par-3.  He immediately said something about a "bug flew right into his eye".  Fast forward, I'm standing off the green with his playing partner and he told me, "it's amazing how many bugs fly into his eyes".  Apparently that wasn't the first time he's used that excuse.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Originally Posted by TheGeekGolfer

I played with a guy this last week who shanked one badly into the high grass on a par-3.  He immediately said something about a "bug flew right into his eye".  Fast forward, I'm standing off the green with his playing partner and he told me, "it's amazing how many bugs fly into his eyes".  Apparently that wasn't the first time he's used that excuse.

LOL, couple of months ago I was hitting the ball out from under a tree.  On my downswing, I noticed a spider crawling on me and since I am not the least bit fond of spiders, the shot did not exactly go as planned.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Originally Posted by saevel25

Golfers who get so mad when they putt they slam there putter into the green, some causing huge gashes in the green.

Golfers who dont fix there ball marks, at least fix ones you find, it would go along way to saving greens

Golfers who are so loud there voice carry a long way, be considerate that there are golfers you might not be able to see hitting the ball

Golfers who don't yell, FOUR!!!, i don't like to hear a thud from a ball landing near me

Golfers who drive there carts right up next to the green or tee boxes, its so much fun to play a golf ball from tire tracks.

My pet peeve is golfers who yell FOUR instead of FORE.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

A pet peeve I have just become aware of is golfers who tell you how good they used to be. Ocassionally I tee it up with a guy who has to tell everybody we come in contact with, on the course, how good he used to be, 20 years ago. He sucked then, he sucks now, let your game do the talking.

He told me he got paired up with some other guys the other day who constantly out drove him by 20-30 yards. Decided he needed to play some better balls so he could drive it further......he bought some Noodles!

Note: This thread is 1407 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!