IGNORED

Big Break - Ireland

inthehole
Note: This thread is 3660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't recall anybody asking the golfers to be perfect or even great.  But I think between them they hit like 2 of the first 7 greens.  That's well below perfection and greatness...or even solidness :p

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I don't recall anybody asking the golfers to be perfect or even great.  But I think between them they hit like 2 of the first 7 greens.  That's well below perfection and greatness...or even solidness :p

I asked them but they ignored me like everyone else.

Originally Posted by Kobey

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsnut

You only have to remember Rory at Augusta, Phil and Day  at the Presidents cup to realize this is a tuff game so if its perfect golf you want I think it doesnt exist, not that any sport is easy. try downhill skiing and think about the speed and precision they need.

When watching downhill skiing, would you rather see a bunch of near perfect runs or an agony of defeat crash every other run?  It's funny, but I'm the type of person that watches races for the crashes, but when it comes to golf, I want to see a near perfect game.

Watching skiiing is boring, so the analogy doesn't really work for me. I'd rather watch golf. But it's all a matter of opinion per the BB Ireland finale. I'm not sure what else I can explain other than I really enjoyed it. Some of you guys didn't and that's fine. But if you want to see guys hit tons of GIR, you're better of just watching the major tours. These guys are on the BB because they don't hit enough greens, among other issues.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

Just curious, has any Big Break winner made the cut in the tournament they won an exemption into?

Just twice. Carling Coffing received two exemptions. The first was a no-cut limited field event, the Lorena Ochoa Invitational. Carling finished last. But she made the cut weeks earlier in the LPGA CVS Pharmacy event. She got into that event via sponsors exemption, one that obviously would not have been granted minus her Big Break victory. Carling's second exemption was the Dubai Ladies Masters on the Ladies European Tour. Carling made the cut and was actually tied for 7th after two rounds. Ironically, she never would have been in that event if she had advanced at Q School, since Q School finals were parallel to the Dubai tournament.

The only other example of a Big Break winner making the cut in the event they directly earned via winning Big Break was Justin Peters, champion of the original Big Break. He got several exemptions on the Canadian Tour and made the cut in the last one.

• Upvote 1

Didn't Julien make the comment that he played 17 Nationwide events last year and only made 2 cuts? Making 2 cuts on the Nationwide won't get you very far with the big guys, no matter how many exemptions you have.

Originally Posted by cruzthepug

Didn't Julien make the comment that he played 17 Nationwide events last year and only made 2 cuts? Making 2 cuts on the Nationwide won't get you very far with the big guys, no matter how many exemptions you have.

Yea, something like that. Here's his tournament log from that season.

Constantine

Given that he was 1 stroke away from his PGA tour card at Q school the year before, I wonder if something (injury, mental fatigue,...) made that a worse than normal year.

At the end of the day, there is a simple reason why none of these contestants are on the LPGA or PGA tour. They aren't good enough. If they were they would have made it through Q school. However most of them are good enough if they have a good day to be respectable out there.

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Yea, something like that. Here's his tournament log from that season.

Originally Posted by Pope33

This is honestly the worst golf I have ever seen in my life!! I know I woulda closed them both out after 14 holes. Really?? This sucks!

than do it? im also hoping your an experienced links player

was actually very surprised while also somehow being not so surprised. julian anywhere else wouldve had the advantage but his little experience in links play i can only imagine hurt him and his rhythm. mark was striping all day long. i think hes just confident and knows how to play in those conditions..it seemed like he knew where to play it everytime

I've avoided this thread since I just got to watch the finale last night.  It was a great finale IMO, lots of drama and both Mark and Julien seemed to hand the  match to the other.  I like watching great golf and while the overall performance on BB was subpar compared to the "big guys" it was still entertaining.  What most surprised me was the poor shot choices they made during the match.  I realize Mark didn't intend to put the ball in the water but why even risk hitting into a hazard if you dont have to?  I haven't seen any mention of the next BB but I'd guess it's all guys or girls next.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

I'm not saying on a regular day I could compete with these guys, but the finale was some terrible golf. Neither one would've broken 80, if they weren't given every putt because the other guy was out of the hole. They both hit 2-4 greens in reg, that is really bad.

I guess I just expected more from two guy who have aspirations of becoming legitimate players. From all the shows I saw, they aren't even close.

Cheers to Julien however for snagging Mallory!

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just started this one.

pretty girls

most of these people are real a-holes it seems

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!