IGNORED

Big Break - Ireland

inthehole
Note: This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Speaking of past competitors...does anybody know how Petey (from the last season of Big Break)'s career has been coming along?  The Indian dude that got booted, then brought back, then eliminated again.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I thought Julian would be the last man standing from his team but didn't think Mark would make it.  While having Mallory in the finale would add some eye candy I think we're seeing a better match up overall with Mark and Julian.  Maybe it's just my lack of links experience, but it seems like having the elements having such an impact on the ball made this season less about overall golf skill and more about one's ability to play in poor weather.  It would be interesting to see how pro's like Bubba Watson or Phil would play in these same conditions.

although i do agree with you on the matchup i feel as if this season if anything is about knowing how to be creative, and having the feel for the game to cope with the conditions. you cant have little golf skill and still be able to hit a thin fairway or green a shot with 30-40 mph winds. or hitting those fulls shots the same distance while trying to keep the ball low. gotta land the ball precisely in a spot where you know you have enough room for the release, or it will just roll for days. also being able to putt from up to 60 feet from off the green is quite impressive. phil would do fantastic cause he can putt from just about anywhere. irish/scottish links golf is pure golf. although id love to play it, it would be a dream, idk if i have the confidence in my putter yet to will myself to an even half decent score. you saw it alot this show. making putts during the tough conditions and making good reads. takes focus and mental strength. thats kinda why i think mark can win this. hes a straight brawler against the course. sending haymakers. but julian isnt far off..we saw that lastnight. its gonna be a good matchup and i think it could pan out to be more emotional and intense than the show has been over the past few weeks

From her elimination chat: http://www.golfchannel.com/news/big-break-ireland/big-break-eliminated-player-live-chat-november-16-2011/

Nick Loew :
Have you kept in touch with any of the other contestants?
Wednesday November 16, 2011 12:09
Mallory Blackwelder:
Yes. I am living with Annie. I'm dating Julien. I keep in touch with pretty much everybody.

I say GO JULIEN! Follow Canadian and winner of 2 "Big Breaks" if he wins next week! lol

Wow. Canadians have game. Derek Gillespie made some moves too and won PEI.

If Julien wins, I think I've figured out the secret to winnings these co-ed Big Break seasons now ....

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Damn......the story just keeps getting better as I read through! LOL

AJ :
Who are your favorite past Big Break contestants?
Wednesday November 16, 2011 12:27
Mallory Blackwelder:
I'm good friends with Sara Brown. I grew up with Taryn Durham. It was fun for me to watch that season because I knew a lot of them. I didn't watch too much prior to that. I did watch Indian Wells and was happy to see David Byrne win. he seems like a great guy.

Wednesday November 16, 2011 12:28

LOL!

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

If Julien wins, I think I've figured out the secret to winnings these co-ed Big Break seasons now ....

If Julien wins, I think I've figured out the secret to winnings these co-ed Big Break seasons now ....

Per capita, no, we really don't. We're a winter sports nation, and even then countries like Finland and Sweden produce top end hockey talent at a higher rate. Canada claims to have more "avid" golfers than any other country, but compare our production of top golfers to a country like Australia. I wonder how the top 100 Canadians would fare against the top 100 Aussies? What if we got pit our top 100 against their 1000th through 1100th ranked players. I might plunk a $2 coin on Canada in that event . . . might.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Quote:

Per capita, no, we really don't. We're a winter sports nation, and even then countries like Finland and Sweden produce top end hockey talent at a higher rate. Canada claims to have more "avid" golfers than any other country, but compare our production of top golfers to a country like Australia. I wonder how the top 100 Canadians would fare against the top 100 Aussies? What if we got pit our top 100 against their 1000th through 1100th ranked players. I might plunk a $2 coin on Canada in that event . . . might.

I meant a different kind of game

Constantine

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Quote:

I meant a different kind of game

Oh that. Yeah, our winters are very long and cold so we learn at a young age that doubling up increases our survival rates.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Still waiting to see some good golf from these two. They have shown flashes, but to say either one of them has a chance on any sort of tour is a joke from the terrible golf I have seen. Anyway, should be a fun final show to watch.

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated

wow - didn't know Julien had that kind of game - his rant after he beat Andy was so tacky ... even if he doesn't win next week, he wins at life !!    can't believe he's dating mallory

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by FLOG4

Given that Julien is dating Mal I would have thought his balls would be blue rather than yellow....Still want Mark to bring it home...

Considering Julien won the top prize already, I say he should throw his match against Mark.

Now, from the preview it sounds like there's going to be an 18 hole final.  That's awesome, I've been waiting to just see lots of golf from these guys.   Anyone know if its match or stroke play... (Julien's gonna get plenty of stroke play already.. oh yeah!..)

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Originally Posted by mrchi

From her elimination chat: http://www.golfchannel.com/news/big-break-ireland/big-break-eliminated-player-live-chat-november-16-2011/

Nick Loew :

Wednesday November 16, 2011 12:09

Mallory Blackwelder:

Yes. I am living with Annie. I'm dating Julien. I keep in touch with pretty much everybody.

I say GO JULIEN! Follow Canadian and winner of 2 "Big Breaks" if he wins next week! lol

she said that??? okay well she gave away the ending because that means julian won and shes a gold digger hahaha

Originally Posted by handlez42

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrchi

Nick Loew :

Wednesday November 16, 2011 12:09

Mallory Blackwelder:

she said that??? okay well she gave away the ending because that means julian won and shes a gold digger hahaha

I dunno if she's a gold digger, but I think she's far more likely to be dating the winner than the runner-up. Also, I'm going with the Twitter theory (used to success by someone here for BB Indian Wells) to say Julien wins it. He's been very active over the last few weeks.

Constantine

i figured julian had a better chance to win only because last week he played very strong...he looked confident.

mark has the heart and will to win it....they both have self destructive tendencies as well. which from the commercials...seems to be very much possible to happen. which one though, that im unsure of..

This is honestly the worst golf I have ever seen in my life!! I know I woulda closed them both out after 14 holes. Really?? This sucks!

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated

Note: This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!