IGNORED

My Swing (MiniBlueDragon)

MiniBlueDragon
Note: This thread is 3359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Telling them the average tour impact position is 40 degrees is what your video says. The elite players are more as my pics show. Yet in other threads you downplay the hips to target as low as 20% open as your video says, its more properly explained imo as toward the target.

Jim Furyk has even more open hips than most on the PGA Tour and hits it relatively short. Discussing your single-concept swing philosophy is off topic for this thread. I recommend you start another thread to discuss your one idea about the swing (if you are capable of doing so without a sales pitch).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Back heel doesn't matter. It is a byproduct of a good weight shift, nothing a person should focus on.

The proper weight shift brings back heel off ground impact, its why every tour pro has the back heel risen, tge OP is flat footed and square to ball impact. Not an IMPACT SWING.

Jim Furyk has even more open hips than most on the PGA Tour and hits it relatively short. Discussing your single-concept swing philosophy is off topic for this thread. I recommend you start another thread to discuss your one idea about the swing (if you are capable of doing so without a sales pitch).

Im telling the OP his flaw is impact. If you really understand IMPACT you point out clearly, you didnt get on the left side properly, you didnt fire and rotate your hips, look at rear foot the back heel is stuck to ground, see how pros are at IMPACT. Wheres your belt buckle? Oh its facing the ball, look at these pros, where is there belt buckles? Almost facing the target. The OP now knows what elite pros look like. Until I posted the pics he had no clear visual aid to SHOW real pros impact positions.

The proper weight shift brings back heel off ground impact, its why every tour pro has the back heel risen, tge OP is flat footed and square to ball impact.

Not an IMPACT SWING.

It is clear he has an arm swing only.The trick is to tell him how to change this and get some leg drive .

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

It is clear he has an arm swing only.The trick is to tell him how to change this and get some leg drive .

Now he can work with a mirror and try to hit the pro impact position. Plus in future videos he can just focus on belt buckle and back heel. If anyone gets near that impact position the game gets easy

Why don't you show us your trick how to do it freedrop?

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

If you guys want to help, @freedrop and @impactswing , then you should tell @MiniBlueDragon HOW he should be doing these things you want him to do, instead of simply telling him that he needs to do it. I'm sure that he knows he has to do them. I mean, seriously, it's like telling someone, "to get better at golf, take less strokes to put the ball in the hole."

@MiniBlueDragon , the hips opening up is caused by extension of the left leg. You can feel that you are jumping with the left side, or you are trying to drive your foot into the ground. Basically, you want to apply a lot of pressure on the ground with the left foot. Try to simulate your A6 position, and from there, "jump" with your left leg. Use the leg action to bring the club through the hitting area.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

billchao...this Erik & Dave's site and student,they want to give miniblue the instruction on how to do this.If I make suggestions I get blocked from the thread.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

If you guys want to help, @freedrop and @impactswing, then you should tell @MiniBlueDragon HOW he should be doing these things you want him to do, instead of simply telling him that he needs to do it. I'm sure that he knows he has to do them. I mean, seriously, it's like telling someone, "to get better at golf, take less strokes to put the ball in the hole."

@MiniBlueDragon, the hips opening up is caused by extension of the left leg. You can feel that you are jumping with the left side, or you are trying to drive your foot into the ground. Basically, you want to apply a lot of pressure on the ground with the left foot. Try to simulate your A6 position, and from there, "jump" with your left leg. Use the leg action to bring the club through the hitting area.

Hey, a video talking about extension, getting the hips open and the belt buckle pointing in the right direction.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

@MiniBlueDragon , you're shifting too much weight to your left toes. In fact, your heel is actually off the ground at impact.

It's not as clear in these screenshots as I was hoping it was, but this is where you start to come off the left heel:

A7:

You get that pressure to move towards the heel more and it will open up those hips.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

MBD....if at the top of the sing you don't feel tension on the inside of your back foot then getting back to the left side with driving hips and legs is going to be unlikely.It does not matter Sergio doesn't do it,we mortals need to do it.Square up that right foot and turn the left out more.If there is some kind of physical problem with this try dropping the right foot back a touch.You need lower body drive to initiate the downswing.

Frankly I would be surprised if you can feel that tension as things stand now.

MBD....if at the top of the sing you don't feel tension on the inside of your back foot then getting back to the left side with driving hips and legs is going to be unlikely.It does not matter Sergio doesn't do it,we mortals need to do it.Square up that right foot and turn the left out more.If there is some kind of physical problem with this try dropping the right foot back a touch.You need lower body drive to initiate the downswing.

Frankly I would be surprised if you can feel that tension as things stand now.

To be clear, @MiniBlueDragon has a lot of lower body action in his swing. It is not "arm swing only" as you mentioned earlier.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Quote:

To be clear, @MiniBlueDragon has a lot of lower body action in his swing. It is not "arm swing only" as you mentioned earlier.

It's not really action he needs but initiating drive,that isn't there.

It's not really action he needs but initiating drive,that isn't there.

He looks great..just to with it. Don't worry about the look, just worry about ball flight. Makes life much easier,

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

MBD....Ben Hogan had an extra spike in his right shoe for extra support since he angled that ankle in meaning the outside of that foot was slightly off the ground.This provided the support he wanted for the right knee creating the brace that would drive his hips and legs forward.Something to keep in mind.These guys have more tricks than we realize.

To be clear, @MiniBlueDragon has a lot of lower body action in his swing. It is not "arm swing only" as you mentioned earlier.

agree on this point. @MiniBlueDragon needs to feel like he's squishing something under his left heel to in the downswing. We'll worry about the extension of the left knee timing later, but get that heel down and the weight pressing though it.

MBD....Ben Hogan had an extra spike in his right shoe for extra support since he angled that ankle in meaning the outside of that foot was slightly off the ground.This provided the support he wanted for the right knee creating the brace that would drive his hips and legs forward.Something to keep in mind.These guys have more tricks than we realize.

Not really. Ben Hogan was anal about his golf swing. Most professionals are not that crazy.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Yes, and it turns out that the extra spike was basically completely unnecessary. There's not much torque placed on the rear foot during the golf swing, and there's not a lot of pressure against the ground during the downswing either - there's almost no "pushing off" with the trail foot like it might "feel like" to a player.

This has all been measured using systems that are, obviously, far, far more accurate than our own "feels."

The topic of Hogan's extra spike came up when we last visited Dr. Kwon near Dallas.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!