Sign in to follow this  
Grumpter

Yeah, more rain for the Northeast U.S.

Note: This thread is 3207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 posts / 755 viewsLast Reply

Looks like the whole weekend will be rained out. I skipped playing last Sunday since the forecast looked so good for this week. Got into work Monday morning and suddenly the whole outlook for the week was bleak. Luckily I took a half day on Wednesday when it looked like I might have just enough time to maybe get in a full 18. Thankfully they were allowing carts on the course as I was able to get in 18 in 2:20 (had to wait on 4 of the holes) and it started pouring just as I was finishing up the 18th.

Bummed about no golf this weekend but at least I still have 8.5 days personal/vacation days left to use.

Yeah, I totally hear you and commiserate. Lots of rain lately, lots of days I wanted to play or practice but couldn't.

Are there such things as indoor golf courses? No, simulators don't count.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I work every other weekend and I'm actually at work this weekend. I'm not feeling so bad about having to work now, so long as the rain lets up by next weekend! Although, it is September in Northeast Ohio. I can't really expect anything other than waking up to the complete opposite of the nightly forecast.

"Tomorrow's High 59°F with 60% chance of showers."  Wake up to 70° and sun. "Tomorrow's High, 72°F with 10% chance of scattered showers". Wake up to 55°, rain, fog, mist, 20mph wind, etc. etc. etc. lol

Yeah, wake up this morning to no rain and the afternoon is supposedly only a very minimal chance of rain. I can probably escape rain all together if I drive a few hours west or northwest.

I feel your pain. I wanted to get out there yesterday but it was pouring all day.

I hope I can play next Friday because it does not look like its going to be any good before then.

Ended up getting a round in both Saturday and Sunday. Cart path only so the rounds were brutally long (4.75 hours Saturday, 5.33 Sunday) but it's better than being stuck indoors due to rain.

They had a few marshalls out but it didn't help. From what I could see the whole course was backed up. It didn't help that the course is very anal about cart path only meaning don't even take one wheel off the cart path. blocked by the other cart in your group? Sit and wait until they can move forward (not that we didnt break that rule a few times). They probably would have been better off leting some people walk.

The rain is allegedly about done here. Its been 6 days straight about now for us. I say allegedly, because the weather man keeps predicting Sunny on the next day, and then you wake up to rain.

Note: This thread is 3207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!