IGNORED

For walkers out there, please recommend a comfortable golf shoes

Note: This thread is 4501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by dhanson

can anyone vouch for their longterm durability? my shoes were just stolen out of the back of my car, and for the last few months i have obsessed over Trues. just wondering if they hold up well (and if anyone can compare their durability to the likes of the ecco spikeless shoes, that would also be great).

I've worn my True Linkswear for almost a year - no issues. I did put my own insert in it (thin).

And to answer the question -- they are the most comfy I've worn and they give you that down to the ground feeling while being comfy.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ordered a pair of the ecco street a few days ago from one of those golf-deal-groupon type sites. looking forward to trying them out. hoping they get here by the weekend so i can give them a good workout on the course.

i walk all the time, and i figure if anyone knows what a comfortable shoe is, it's freddy couples and his bad back.

+1 for the True Linkswear. I have had mine for this season and walked probably 15-20 rounds in them. They are SO comfortable. As another poster commented, they are like walking in your house slippers. I have not had any durability issues. I also really like that I can wear them before and after the round so no time spent changing shoes. Just jump in the car and go!

The only two (minor) issues I can report are that you will feel things a little more when you step on them (like small rocks, etc) and they might not be the best in very wet conditions traction-wise. I played in a light rain a week or so ago and on one drive my right foot slipped completely out from under me.

Other than those two things, which are minor IMO, I highly recommend them.

--- Rebel Golfer ---

Originally Posted by wmiller

True Linkswear are the most comfortable shoe, golf or otherwise, I've ever worn. Like playing golf in your house slippers.

The shoes made by TRUE Linkswear are great... I have a both models (the Tour and Stealth) and they are both great.... when wmiller says they are like playing in slippers, he is not lying.

Originally Posted by dhanson

can anyone vouch for their longterm durability? my shoes were just stolen out of the back of my car, and for the last few months i have obsessed over Trues. just wondering if they hold up well (and if anyone can compare their durability to the likes of the ecco spikeless shoes, that would also be great).

As far as durability, I did have one minor issue with the rubber sole separating from the leather just a little bit; nothing that couldn't be fixed for less than $10 at a shoe repair shop.  However, I did shoot an email off to TRUE about the issue in general and without me asking for it they offered to replace the shoes for free... I didn't even have to send back the old ones.  The bottom line is that these shoes are super comfortable and I believe that the issue with mine was minor and not the norm, but for whatever reason if you should encounter that kind of problem, you'll know that you are taken care of... the are a great company and they produce a great shoe.

• Upvote 1

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

As far as durability, I did have one minor issue with the rubber sole separating from the leather just a little bit; nothing that couldn't be fixed for less than $10 at a shoe repair shop.  However, I did shoot an email off to TRUE about the issue in general and without me asking for it they offered to replace the shoes for free... I didn't even have to send back the old ones.  The bottom line is that these shoes are super comfortable and I believe that the issue with mine was minor and not the norm, but for whatever reason if you should encounter that kind of problem, you'll know that you are taken care of... the are a great company and they produce a great shoe.

I'm getting a little bit of that. Just where it folds near the toe box. I'll just get it repaired at a repair shop, but it's not surprising that they'd give you a free pair.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The most confortable pair of walking shoes I've had are the adidas running looking shoes.  I have ecco cool casual and there nice, just not as light as the adidas.  The pair I want to get next is the asics golf shoes.  I wear asic gt 2160 running shoes and and love them.  I've had many pairs so that will be next pair.  For the money though I highly recommend adidas.  You can get a decent pair for 40 bucks if you don't mind last year's model.

Brian

Well finally bought shoes. I bought a couple of pairs.

1. FJ Syr-g black

2. FJ Street black.

Really like the FJ Street ----- feels just like my most comfy sneakers...

With FJ shoes, there is a good padding on the tongue....

I got a pair of the Adidas AdiComfort2 a couple of months ago for $55 and love them. Most comfortable golf shoe I have owned.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

For others out there that are looking for good golf shoes, the TRUE Tour shoes have dropped in price from $159 to $129...

While I had to think to buy them at $159, they are more than worth $129.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Nike lunar golf shoes are very comfortable.

Taylormade R11 Driver

Taylormade Superfast 5W

Taylormade Superfast 2.0 #4 21* hybrid

Callaway Razr X #5 24* hybrid

Titleist CB 712 irons

Titleist Vokey 54* & 58* Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Del Mar

Note: This thread is 4501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!