IGNORED

Who's swing does yours most closely mimic?

Stewie007
Note: This thread is 4591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

With your posture, stature, tempo, swing plane, and lack of delay between balls, one name came to mind immediately.

Nick Price

Originally Posted by TheRichie

i have no idea if i resemble anyone, let me know if i do tho

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by Elvisliveson

Palmer's backswing would be classified stack and tilt today and he had a huge upper body rotation. But, like you said, he did not employ a large hip slide on the downswing (he rotated/turned his hips violently to the left instead). Without other compensations, this would result in a huge duck huck. So, Palmer counteracted that by trying not to rotate his forearms at impact. Meaning, he tried to keep the back of his left hand moving towards the target after impact  and deliberately held off the finish. So the cause of his funky finish was actually a lack of wrist action, so to speak.

My rotation is the most similar to his swing, and as a result the leg action. I've never been a hip leader; could never get it right. I would always spray my shots right even with a decent swing plane. The straightest shots I've ever made resulted from a similar leading by the knee. The wrist cocking action is a recent development, and it only happens every few swings. Most of the time it resulted in a pretty good shot. Of course, I only currently can seem to do well at the range.... hehehehe

Basically, I was thrilled to see that and old school pro was rotating in much the same way I do without the hip slide, so it was reassuring. :) Now I just need to get the rest of the mechanics through my thick head.

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

LOL - Holy Crow, I don't know about the swing but your phone almost gave me a heart attack. NOTE* turn speakers down before watching video!

Originally Posted by TheRichie

i have no idea if i resemble anyone, let me know if i do tho

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

LOL - Holy Crow, I don't know about the swing but your phone almost gave me a heart attack. NOTE* turn speakers down before watching video!

haha yeah that was the wife text messaging me, she should know better when im at golf!!

Note: This thread is 4591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!