IGNORED

Greg Norman's Rant on Tiger Woods

Papi
Note: This thread is 4562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On the Morning Drive Show this morning Greg Norman says he doesn't understand why Tiger Woods won't pick up the phone and call him. Norman says Tiger moved into "his" Neighborhood only 1/2 mile away and he doesn't understand why Woods hasn't contacted him for advise? Norman says he has reached out to Woods but so far no phone calls from Tiger... He goes on to say that he has some valuable advise that he could give to Tiger just has he has given to Adam Scott and Aaron Baddelay and Jason Day over the Years... Jack Nicklaus also has a home in the South Florida Area. So my Question to the Board is. Should Tiger Woods call Greg Norman for Advise or should he call Jack Nicklaus?

It's becoming obvious that Tiger is keeping his circle VERY tight these days.  That said, I don't see the harm in taking advice from his "elders" like Norman, Nicklaus, etc.  If Norman reached out, he should've reached back at some point.

Then again, we don't know if there is anything Norman has done to Tiger in the past that has prevented him from "responding" to Norman.,

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Greg is an interesting guy ... don't know why anyone wouldn't want to talk with him, merely for entertainment, wisdom, and real life.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe he doesn't want any advice? He's probably been offered 'advice' from hundreds of people.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

What Greg Norman was referring to was Both. Golf Advise. Which he doesn't have a leg to stand on because Tiger Woods has already made Greg Norman's Golf Career look silly. And Personal Advice because Greg Norman Leads Tiger by 2 Wives I guess is his Logic. Tiger Woods is missing is Father and that Father Figure and If I am Him Greg Norman isn't where a go to get Fatherly Advise. Jack Nicklaus would be.

I guess Greg is going to tell him how to blow majors, and how to distribute his wealth to multiple ex wives. If I were Tiger, I would be calling Jack or Arnie before I called Norman.

Originally Posted by Papi

What Greg Norman was referring to was Both. Golf Advise. Which he doesn't have a leg to stand on because Tiger Woods has already made Greg Norman's Golf Career look silly.

And Personal Advice because Greg Norman Leads Tiger by 2 Wives I guess is his Logic. Tiger Woods is missing is Father and that Father Figure and If I am Him Greg Norman isn't where a go to get Fatherly Advise. Jack Nicklaus would be.

You have an "interesting" posting style.

Greg Norman could have kept his thoughts on Tiger to himself, but there are two things he could advise Tiger on.

1.) Driving

2.) Not giving up

3.) Recovering from injuries

4.) Dealing with spiteful members of the press

Okay, that's 4.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

You have an "interesting" posting style.

Greg Norman could have kept his thoughts on Tiger to himself, but there are two things he could advise Tiger on.

1.) Driving

2.) Not giving up

3.) Recovering from injuries

4.) Dealing with spiteful members of the press

Okay, that's 4.

There's 1 more that makes your list 5.

5) Dealing with divorce.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Greg's an arrogant bastard, who is rumoured to have lived a life on tour similar to Tiger. If he needs advice to lead at the 3rd round of a major and give it away, Greg is his man.

• Upvote 1

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

It is true that Norman could giver Tiger advice on the above things - but Tiger's probably already taken advice from a lot of people be it related to his divorce or how terribly bad he drives the ball. What he probably wants is people to STFU already It's almost like Norman needs Tiger to call him for his own satisfaction.
  • Upvote 1

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

The media needs to stop asking golfers their opinion on Tiger as it's getting old.  Tiger has done a lot for the sport but he's not relevant to what's happening in the game currently.  I'd much rather hear their opinions on their current competition on not speculation on Tigers return or personal life.   Norman thinks he might be able to give some advice to Tiger but Tiger hasn't asked for it, so it's a non-story.

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The media is not going to give up on its bread and butter. You may not care about it, but you are in the minority. Tiger moves the meter, the others don't.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

The media needs to stop asking golfers their opinion on Tiger as it's getting old.  Tiger has done a lot for the sport but he's not relevant to what's happening in the game currently.  I'd much rather hear their opinions on their current competition on not speculation on Tigers return or personal life.   Norman thinks he might be able to give some advice to Tiger but Tiger hasn't asked for it, so it's a non-story.

I guess whether Tiger wants advice from Greg Norman or not it up to Tiger. I believe Greg Norman has had some experiences in his life that maybe are relevant to Tiger's recent experiences.  But if Greg made the offer he should stay shut up about whether or not Tiger calls him.  It isn't anyone's business except Tiger's.

Butch

I think Tiger should stop golfing and I won't have to hear about him, EVER!

RBZ 9.5 Stiff

R11 14.0 Stiff

Superfast 18.0 3 hybrid Stiff

MP-52 4-PW - Stiff, full cord Golf Pride grips

Studio Select, Newport 2.5

ProV1x #5-8

Quote:

I think Tiger should stop golfing and I won't have to hear about him, EVER!

Your joking right?

Deryck Griffith

I think Greg Norman answered is own question by going on a show to complain that Tiger won't answer is calls.  At this point it should be clear to anyone with half a brain that if you want to be close to Tiger you need to:

1.  Be fiercely, even insanely loyal.  100% or nothing.

2.  Don't reveal any private information about Tiger unless approved by Tiger.

Right or wrong that is the way it seems that Tiger operates.

On a related note, why does Norman think he has anything to offer Tiger?  Pretty narcissistic if you ask me.

Watch Feherty's interview with Greg Norman for more clarification on the advice he would offer Tiger (overcoming adverstiy and defeat, etc) and also in the interview he covered all the so-called rumors he has heard about himself over the years.  It as a great interview.

Note: This thread is 4562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!