IGNORED

Baseball. Great finish to the 2011 MLB season.

sean_miller
Note: This thread is 4551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5% net revenue is pretty bad if those numbers are accurate. There must be some big losers in there too. That margin is too small - something seems wrong.

Originally Posted by Gresh24

Using the numbers from that Forbes list:

NBA teams made $3,652,000,000 in revenue.  And (even after factoring in all the losses by all teams) a net income of over $182,000,000.

I'd say the NBA makes money...

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

As a sox fan, I have no comments whatsoever. At least we made history with our collapse.

Started playing golf July '11, 14 years old

Best round (9 holes): 40, Blissful Meadows Golf Club - August 4th, 2012. (Played tips too)

Best round (18 holes): 85 (40, 45) Summerside Country Club (PEI, Canada) - July 2012

Originally Posted by sean_miller

5% net revenue is pretty bad if those numbers are accurate. There must be some big losers in there too. That margin is too small - something seems wrong.

Something is wrong, the top 10 or so teams make a lot of money, the bottam 10 or so teams lose a lot of money, the middle gets by and the players take nearly 60% of revenue.

The MLB system puts the other two major leagues to shame. MLB manages to keep a better competitive balance with fully guaranteed contracts and no cap. MLB also has far fewer real team killing contracts then the NBA or NFL.

That of course is not the entire story, but perhaps that is for another thread. I was just trying to point out how amazing it is that as the NFL and NBA both spent their off seasons squabbling over such things as caps and guaranteed contracts MLB uses neither and yet continues to provide some of the most amazing action in sports.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

Braves fan here....sad day.  Although kudos to the Cardinals, the Braves September was kind of like watching Dustin Johnson's major meltdown at Pebble.  Yes, others played well, but if he just took care of business and was even mediocre to the finish, then how well the others played would have been moot.  Even a piddly .400 September record would have clinched the wildcard for the Braves, but instead it was .333 (9-18).

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

Impressive performance from the Rays SP Matt Moore last night. 2nd career start and he throws 7 scoreless innings in Game 1 of their ALDS against a very good Ranger offense.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Originally Posted by FowlPlay

All I want for a super early Christmas present this year is for the Yankees, Rays, and the Phillies to all be eliminated. Or at least 2 of the 3.

World series is going to be Yankee's Phillies with the Phillies winning!

This was supposed to be the old mentality for us....wait until next year I guess (is it too early to bring that back?)

Originally Posted by Newbie

Sometimes it's really tough to be a Red Sox fan....

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

This was supposed to be the old mentality for us....wait until next year I guess (is it too early to bring that back?)

The five year World Series grace period extends through 2012, though I think history's worst collapse may negate that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

More likely the numbers are adjusted for tax purposes.  Those numbers likely don't include franchise licensing, venue licensing, concession revenue, etc.

Originally Posted by LankyLefty

Something is wrong, the top 10 or so teams make a lot of money, the bottam 10 or so teams lose a lot of money, the middle gets by and the players take nearly 60% of revenue.

Joe Paradiso

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Andrew24

As a sox fan, I have no comments whatsoever. At least we made history with our collapse.

Interesting read from the Globe's Bob Hohler on the collapse of the Sox, beer, fried chicken & video games.

Btw- Jays fan here

Driver:Adams 9064LS 9.5 *stiff

3 Wood: Nike VRs

Hybrid: Adams A7 19*

Irons: Nike VRs Pro Cavity 4-AW

Wedges: Nike VR Pro 56'

Putter: Nike Method mc3i1

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Bag: Ogio Assassin

Big Giants fan here, I knew we had our work cut out when Posey lost his leg haha. And then more followed! Look out for next year though, hopefully our players drink their milk this offseason

Mike Mayorga

Driver Nike Machspeed Black Round 9.5° Stiff

Irons Cobra SS Forged 3-PW

Putter Scotty Cameron Futura

I'm still in baseball hibernation. It's too painful. I'll never eat fried chicken again.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Watching the brewers lay an absolute turd of a post season was just painful. Someone needs to teach our starters how to throw strikes...jeez. My dad even commented that we should just start a reliever or closer just to get through the first inning without giving up 4 runs...every...single...time lol. Hard to fight back when you're 4 or 5 runs down from the start and you feel like you have to apparently swing at everything *cough*Corey Hart*cough* :P

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

• 2 weeks later...

That was one heck of a finish to game six... down to 2 outs, 2 strikes 2 innings in a row managing to tie it...and then walk off homer for the win? what the freakin heck does texas have to do to win!? lol

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

That was a great game... I couldn't believe that Texas failed to put them away in the 9th and 10th... The comeback in the 9th was amazing, but when Texas took the lead again in the 10th I figured no way.  We'll see how game 7 goes.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Note: This thread is 4551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!