IGNORED

iPhone 4S? iPhone 5? Pre-Announcement Discussion

MiniBlueDragon

Note: This thread is 3632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's a true world phone finally. That's huge for travelers. No head turning announcements, but lots of incremental improvements that you'd expect - faster, better camera, battery life, screen, etc..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by nevets88

It's a true world phone finally. That's huge for travelers. No head turning announcements, but lots of incremental improvements that you'd expect - faster, better camera, battery life, screen, etc..

Yup. It's everything I expected. They could have called it the 5 if they wanted but that'd require a different form factor. It's still a "new phone." Their numbers are for form factor changes.

The voice assistant demo was really impressive.

Originally Posted by iacas

Yup. It's everything I expected. They could have called it the 5 if they wanted but that'd require a different form factor. It's still a "new phone." Their numbers are for form factor changes.

The voice assistant demo was really impressive.

Siri looks pretty cool...

I didn't think there would be an iphone 5. I didn't see but hopefully they have added lock screen features to ios5.

I HOPE, really HOPE , the iphone 5, when it does arrive, has a slightly larger screen.

I think it's funny how everyone was talking about the iphone 5 when Apple never mentioned an iphone 5.   But the new phone looks pretty good. Nice changes.  I think the Siri looks pretty cool as well.

Pretty sure that was[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/user/carlspackler] this dude.[/URL]

Whoops, I was wrong, it's [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/user/spacklersedge]SpacklersEdge[/URL] that works for RIM. [quote name="Kieran123" url="/t/53627/iphone-4s-iphone-5-pre-announcement-discussion/18#post_651918"]

Siri looks pretty cool...

I didn't think there would be an iphone 5. I didn't see but hopefully they have added lock screen features to ios5.

I HOPE, really HOPE , the iphone 5, when it does arrive, has a slightly larger screen.

[/quote] I have to say, I'm not a fan at all of some of the larger screens on Android phones at all. I think the iPhone is in a pretty nice sweet spot. And I still hate the touch-screen Nanos.

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

See Post 3.

I was more or less talking about in my area, but you hit the nail on the head. I actually heard on my local news yesterday that "Sprint was investing in the new iPhone5 that was being announced tomorrow to hopefully turn them around."  I was like, man Apple hasn't even said anything about an iPhone5.

I have had an iPhone since the original. I have owned the 2G, 3G, & 4G. I am a huge fan & supporter of Apple. Having said that, IMO Apple will suffer in sales if they do not have a MAJOR change (physically & internally) to their next iPhone. People are starting to see it as "same old-same old". Other competitors are manufacturing phones which are on par with the iPhone. I for one hope they re-revolutionize the mobile market again!

I believe the original iPhone was revolutionary and the models since have been evolutionary.  I guess I'm not creative enough to see how they could repeat the effect they had with the original iPhone without compromising on some key philosophies they've held in the past such as; user replaceable batteries; SD memory support; open development environment.  A faster iPhone with longer battery life and more memory and higher res camera would still be a great new iPhone, but more of the same as you said.

Their competition has tried to leapfrog them, but other than Apple haters I haven't heard anyone say there's a better phone out there right now than the iPhone.

Originally Posted by lsu70510

I have had an iPhone since the original. I have owned the 2G, 3G, & 4G. I am a huge fan & supporter of Apple. Having said that, IMO Apple will suffer in sales if they do not have a MAJOR change (physically & internally) to their next iPhone. People are starting to see it as "same old-same old". Other competitors are manufacturing phones which are on par with the iPhone. I for one hope they re-revolutionize the mobile market again!

Originally Posted by lsu70510

I think the 4s will just be a springboard to the revolutionary phone that you are eluding to. Almost like a testbed for some things they are working on.  Like the personal assistant.  A little testing on the 4s could lead to MAJOR innovation in that area.  I can see some bigger changes coming. I think these changes that they made on the 4s were pretty much expected.

Originally Posted by jamo

I have to say, I'm not a fan at all of some of the larger screens on Android phones at all. I think the iPhone is in a pretty nice sweet spot. And I still hate the touch-screen Nanos.

I used to think that, and even when I bought my Galaxy it felt bigger, but after using it for a while you get used to it - and it is the perfect size. Much better for watching HD movies etc

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I believe the original iPhone was revolutionary and the models since have been evolutionary.  I guess I'm not creative enough to see how they could repeat the effect they had with the original iPhone without compromising on some key philosophies they've held in the past such as; user replaceable batteries; SD memory support; open development environment.  A faster iPhone with longer battery life and more memory and higher res camera would still be a great new iPhone, but more of the same as you said.

Their competition has tried to leapfrog them, but other than Apple haters I haven't heard anyone say there's a better phone out there right now than the iPhone.

Until the 4S, the Galaxy S2 was, IMO, a better phone than than the 4.

Bigger brighter screen, more customizable OS, faster processor, more memory, MUCH better camera, 1080P playing and recording......among other things

But it came out a LONG time after the iphone 4.

Right now the 4S is the best phone to buy, hands down.

I want.

Note: This thread is 3632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!