IGNORED

iPhone 4S? iPhone 5? Pre-Announcement Discussion

MiniBlueDragon
Note: This thread is 4571 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used to think that, and even when I bought my Galaxy it felt bigger, but after using it for a while you get used to it - and it is the perfect size. Much better for watching HD movies etc

Don't put much stock into what I say on this topic (I still have [URL=http://www.att-phones.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/att-samsung-solstice-1.jpg]this piece of shit[/URL], after all), but I still find it hard to believe I'd like a screen much bigger than than on the iPhone. Most of the movies I own are SD, and, even on my iPod Touch, I very rarely watch them. I guess this is more of a personal preference, I already hate how much stuff I carry in my pockets.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

Don't put much stock into what I say on this topic (I still have this piece of shit, after all), but I still find it hard to believe I'd like a screen much bigger than than on the iPhone. Most of the movies I own are SD, and, even on my iPod Touch, I very rarely watch them. I guess this is more of a personal preference, I already hate how much stuff I carry in my pockets.

This.

I don't mind watching on my iPhone if I'm in a pinch and there's something urgent I need to see but ideally if I know I'll have the time I'll take my iPad 2 with me which is perfect for the job. Ordinarily my iPhone is used for phone, text, music, videoing my swing, iPhonography and anything else on-the-fly when I don't have my iPad with me.

If I didn't have the extra device and I watched a lot of movies I'd see the reason for a larger screen however.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I agree.  I could care less about a screen any bigger than the iPhone4, which is what I have. The iPhone4 has been perfectly fine for my needs.  Now the better camera would be nice but not something I would drop my 4 for.  But all this stuff is a varying opinion from person to person.

As far as the other phones being better....Apple set the bar with the iPhone, all the "better" phones came along after which, you would think, would be better just because they had such a good base to go off of.  Just like the 4s will be outclassed by someone else soon.  Then Apple will bring out their next device...and so on....

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Originally Posted by TN94z

I agree.  I could care less about a screen any bigger than the iPhone4, which is what I have. The iPhone4 has been perfectly fine for my needs.  Now the better camera would be nice but not something I would drop my 4 for.  But all this stuff is a varying opinion from person to person.

As far as the other phones being better....Apple set the bar with the iPhone, all the "better" phones came along after which, you would think, would be better just because they had such a good base to go off of.  Just like the 4s will be outclassed by someone else soon.  Then Apple will bring out their next device...and so on....

Which is why we need atleast 2 competitors

RIM is going downhill....

Microsoft is new ( and has surprisingly good phones after the debacle Windows Mobile 6.5 was )

Android is great and Ice Cream Sandwich ( 4.0 ) is due out soon

We need competition....

In fact, Samsung is revealing a new phone next week ( probably the Nexus Prime )

Curved screen - me likes! And probably dock connection. 1280 x 720 Super AMOLED screen..720P in a 4.6 inch screen ( maybe pentile )

Either way ,

It's great for consumers.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Which is why we need atleast 2 competitors

We need competition....

No arguments there.  Competitors are great!

Bryan A

R.I.P Steve Jobs you created some of the greatest tech of my life time.

Rumor is Apple management knew Steve would not make it to see any other release so the 4s means 4 Steve. Whether or not this is true I don't know...

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by clubchamp

R.I.P Steve Jobs you created some of the greatest tech of my life time.

Rumor is Apple management knew Steve would not make it to see any other release so the 4s means 4 Steve. Whether or not this is true I don't know...

/agree. A true visionary.

If that rumour is true it's a lovely gesture.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

RIP - a great loss to the I.T World

• Upvote 1

+1 I wasn't always an Apple fan, but definitely appreciated the vision and professionalism that Jobs demonstrated in his role at Apple.  Even in his final months he was pure class, stepping down and quietly walking off into the sunset knowing he probably didn't have much time left.  RIP.

RIP - a great loss to the I.T World

Joe Paradiso

Wasn't he Pixar as well?  The guy was a genius!!

RIP

Bryan A

Originally Posted by newtogolf

+1 I wasn't always an Apple fan, but definitely appreciated the vision and professionalism that Jobs demonstrated in his role at Apple.  Even in his final months he was pure class, stepping down and quietly walking off into the sunset knowing he probably didn't have much time left.  RIP.

Yep.

I loved parts of Apple, but not others. But Steve Jobs was a genius both in his innovation and his business skills.

His black turtlenecks, acid wash tight jeans and white sneakers are ingrained

Quote:

Highly doubt it, the "s" most likely stands for "speed" same as when the iphone went from the 3g to the 3gs. There was no change to the outside of the phone but inside, faster processor and such.  Same for the iphone 4 vs the 4s, same on the outside, inside, faster processor among other things.

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

• Administrator

Originally Posted by lsu70510

I have had an iPhone since the original. I have owned the 2G, 3G, & 4G. I am a huge fan & supporter of Apple. Having said that, IMO Apple will suffer in sales if they do not have a MAJOR change (physically & internally) to their next iPhone. People are starting to see it as "same old-same old". Other competitors are manufacturing phones which are on par with the iPhone. I for one hope they re-revolutionize the mobile market again!

Call it the iPhone 5 if you want. It's the sixth iteration. iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4... iPhone 4S.

Again, it's only called the "4S" because the form factor stayed the same. If it ain't broke, why "fix" it? Plus now if you have an iPhone 4 accessory it's still gonna work. Yay! Changing phone shapes all the time is annoying. ;-)

Originally Posted by clubchamp

It'd be nice, but it's not. 3G:3GS::4:4S

I could say a lot about Steve, but I'll just say this... He's safely ensconced in my top ten list of people who have played the largest roles in shaping my life, and he's the only one - by exponential orders of magnitude - to whom I've said less than one thousand words. I'm sad that we will not get to see "one more thing..." anymore, and the world is now worse off than it was two days ago.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

I could say a lot about Steve, but I'll just say this... He's safely ensconced in my top ten list of people who have played the largest roles in shaping my life, and he's the only one - by exponential orders of magnitude - to whom I've said less than one thousand words. I'm sad that we will not get to see "one more thing..." anymore, and the world is now worse off than it was two days ago.

Very well said!  And I agree that the world is worse off.  Sad....

Bryan A

LOL

No I have never had a RIM job.

( lol )

It's a pity no one saw this. hahhaahahaha

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 4571 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!