IGNORED

Rolex believes in Tiger!

Note: This thread is 3585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It might not be the best idea to wear an automatic wrist watch playing golf, though. The winding mechanisms on these are sensitive to the huge rotational forces good golfers produce. It'll look great on his wrist, but he might bust a main spring on the downswing!

I wonder what Tag Heuer is thinking now...

Originally Posted by jamo

Too bad, I always liked how Tag Heuer kind of sounded like his name.

I'm guessing they offered a sliding scale based on his performance given it's a five year deal.  If he does well, he makes more, if not, Rolex is protected.  Smart move on Rolex's part if this is what they did, always want to buy low.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had Tag Heuer before Tiger hit the golf scene and I'll still have one when he hits the Senior (oops, Champions) Tour.  His endorsement means nothing to me, but it's probably good for golf.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Tag Heuer makes far nicer watch than Rolex IMO

Either way, good that he has a new sponsor I guess

I don't think many would agree that TAG makes far better watches than Rolex but they are a popular brand with a nice racing heritage. Rolex is in a different class IMO and as far as golf is concerned Rolex is the top name in the industry. Nicklaus, Palmer and Player all endorsed Rolex. It's the top watch brand in the world. AP seems to be an upcoming brand in golf and they are leagues above either Rolex or TAG.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by visiondr

It might not be the best idea to wear an automatic wrist watch playing golf, though. The winding mechanisms on these are sensitive to the huge rotational forces good golfers produce. It'll look great on his wrist, but he might bust a main spring on the downswing!

Another myth!  This is simply not true.

Originally Posted by MSchott

I don't think many would agree that TAG makes far better watches than Rolex but they are a popular brand with a nice racing heritage. Rolex is in a different class IMO and as far as golf is concerned Rolex is the top name in the industry. Nicklaus, Palmer and Player all endorsed Rolex. It's the top watch brand in the world. AP seems to be an upcoming brand in golf and they are leagues above either Rolex or TAG.

I would rather have a TAG on my wrist than a Rolex.

Only because I prefer the style of TAG over Rolex

it's like a suit kinda... gives an impression.

i think this was well played by rolex, pick up a superstar (fallen or not) at a low price, and good for tiger.... those child-support payments must be a big pain in the butt.

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

Who needs a watch these days when you have a phone you carry around all the time

Originally Posted by Kieran123

I would rather have a TAG on my wrist than a Rolex.

Only because I prefer the style of TAG over Rolex

I have both and I would say from a style stand point TAG by far but performance would be Rolex. The Rolex just seems to run smoother and involves less time on the winder. I will say for the price Tissot makes probably the best over all watch in terms of bang for your buck.

Originally Posted by caniac6

My Timex kept better time than my brother in law's Rolex.

He either doesn't own a winder or flat out just doesn't take care of it. There is no way a battery operated watch should ever out perform a quality automatic.

Back to the point I think the deal looks good for both parties Tiger needs to play good golf to get paid and Rolex is protected.

Note: This thread is 3585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!