IGNORED

When is your final round of the year?

Note: This thread is 3452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May have been yesterday. Signed up for our "Last Chance" tournament on the 15th, but life just got busier on the weekend (8lb and 10oz of busy).

dec. 31st.

I'm just in Charlotte too... I pretty much came to post this.

I'll probably call it a season pretty soon. I just haven't felt like touching a club since having one of my worst 9's of the year Tuesday at sectionals right after one of my better 9's.

3 weeks ago, my allergies are way to bad to be outside this time of the year and after the first freeze the courses are so rough I'm not willing to play on them.  So my clubs have been cleaned and put away until next March.

I cannot comprehend how people just pick a random date and proclaim...........well, summer is over..... "I'm done for the year".

LOL.......I'll be playing on New Years Eve if the weather permits!!!  My last round of the year will be solely dictated by the weather.  I won't know for certain the date of my final round of 2001 until the very last week of December.

Barring snow or extreme cold/wind I will play all winter plus it's usually a good time to get cheaper rates at different courses. I also love the fact that generally there is no one else on the course.

• 3 weeks later...

if it's above 35 degrees and i have a chance to play, december 31 will be my last round of golf for the year.  and my friends and i play what we refer to as "the polar open" every year on january 1 (unless it's sleeting or just absolutely unbearably cold).

Another Charlottean here. Will play up until December 31st weather permitting! As Sam_Gill said all the fair weather golfers will be gone and I'll have the course to myself. So looking forward to winter for the first time.

Originally Posted by HAVOC

lets see dec 31st

being in AZ has its perks

I think I'll probably give it up early this year.  About Dec. 30 because when I retired I decided I'd leave the weekends and rush hours for working folks.

It's supposed to be good weather through this weekend.  After that it's just borrowed time basically, with all the snow down in the US lately I'm kind of surprised we haven't had any yet.  I'm going to get at least 36 holes in this weekend and just hope that it's not the last time this year.

Note: This thread is 3452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.