IGNORED

Webb Simpson - does he have a mind of his own?

Shorty
Note: This thread is 4325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Are you bored today, Shorty?  Why, oh why, would you "resurrect" this thread again?

Grumpter resurrected it, in his usual, holier than thou thou manner.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Are you bored today, Shorty?  Why, oh why, would you "resurrect" this thread again?

He didn't. Someone posted spam a few hours ago, which has since been deleted, and Shorty must have seen it while it was in new posts. So again, Grumpter didn't resurrect it either, it was the spam posts that doesn't show up unless you're a mod.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Geez -

A spammer must be pretty desperate to think there's something to be gained by getting this one up and going again.

Thanks, Jamo.

But it wasn't nice of Grumpter to be so cruel to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Shorty

Geez -

A spammer must be pretty desperate to think there's something to be gained by getting this one up and going again.

Thanks, Jamo.

But it wasn't nice of Grumpter to be so cruel to me.

Jesus made him do it. :D

Originally Posted by deasy55

And I am religious, before anyone accuses me of not respecting other peoples beliefs.

Well, I'm not religous in the least and I say that Webb Simpson, can think, say and tweet whatever the heck he wants with regards to his beliefs.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Shorty is like Bill Maher, full of opinions, full of himself, and all full of BS.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Bill Maher's OK. He edumacates.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

OH COME ON!!!! I CAN"T BELIEVE IT!! I missed a religious banter/Shorty hate thread all this time? This is the kind of stuff........anyways, I BELIEVE Shorty's just angry because he knoiws these people are proclaiming the truth and are on the right path to Heaven, and he wishes he would, but he's too prideful to want to join them all this time later. But sometimes, even in my CAtholic school people do go maybe a little too far with their proclaiming how many rosaries they do. Brownie points? Anyways, I think religious folk can agree with me with a gquote from St. Bernadette.

"I was only told to tell you, not convince you."

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Bill Maher's OK. He edumacates.

Gotta love Neil DeGrasse Tyson, leaving no math problem unsolved.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Most forums of any merit wouldn't allow threads about religion in the first place.

The funny thing is this thread still exists three years later and it was started by the forum "leader".

This place is laughable.

"Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness."
William Wordsworth

Gear:
Callaway FT-S Driver Nike VR Blades/wedges TM Ghøst Putter.

Originally Posted by Windmill

Most forums of any merit wouldn't allow threads about religion in the first place.

The funny thing is this thread still exists three years later and it was started by the forum "leader".

This place is laughable.

1 Why not? It's just a discussion. You don't have to participate.

2. In two and and a half years time that would be so. Six months is not three years according to my calendar.

3. I am not "the" forum leader.

4. Then go and follow some serious pursuits elsewhere.

A forum leader. Not the forum leader.

The distinction is similar to a god -- which would encompass the many thousands of deities in which you personally choose to disbelieve -- and the god, a particular one in whom you apparently do not.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Windmill

This place is laughable.

Thanks for your contribution.

BTW, the thread was started October 14, 2011. Your math skills could use some work.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

interesting thread, took csome time to read, which is cool cus it means i wasnt working :P

Im not going to agree with Shorty fully, but I can see a point perhap not raised from what he has said

What if an atheist won, and in his speech said "I would like to thank god, but as he doesnt exist, im not gunna",.....................hooolllyyyy crraappppp he would get flamed off the tour, the religious groups would be up in arms, beying for blood, he would be branded a disgrace and so on and so forth

yet he would only be doing what simpson did, and stating a fact that he categorically believes in right?!?

free speech dictates you can say what you like within reason,...but that doesnt mean you have to or feel compelled to,...i like chocolate, but i dont tell everyone

for me im an atheist, i have ZERO belief in any entity,........thats my right,......for a christian or whatever its their right to believe in something whole heartedly, that's there right

i guess what im getting at is i have no issue with religion,....but i have issues with people that wont shut up about it and feel compelled to convert the world,......i dont feel compelled to convert the world to atheism,...

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

Originally Posted by carpediem4300

Im not going to agree with Shorty fully, but I can see a point perhap not raised from what he has said

In the OP, the point I was trying to make was not that he is worthy of criticism merely because he was a Christian, but because whenever he talks he would use a religious quotation, like a Hallmark greeting card.

Someone else's words, rarely his own.

Note: This thread is 4325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!