Note: This thread is 3316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey SandTrappers I am planning on regripping my clubs this winter after I get a new driver and a hybrid. I will regrip all my clubs with the same grip and can't decide between the Golfpride New Decade Multicompounds which my friend has and i really like the feel of or the Golfpride Tour Velvets witch another friend of mine has. I really like the feel of both however I live in Toronto Canada and play in fairly high humidity during the summer and am also concerned on wear and how each grip will hold up in rain and humidity. Any input is much appreciated as well as any suggestions on other grips I should take a look at.

Thanks

I personally really like the multi-compound which I currently use.  I have used the tour velvets and feel that the multi-compounds are more durable and I like the feel.  The link below might help you out

http://www.golfpride.com/Grips/GripSelector.aspx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ive looked at that grip selector before and it always says multi compound Ive been playing with a stock nike and taylormade grip on my irons and driver since I got new clubs so may be a little biased but i will defiantly head to my nearest golf store and try both out

Hi, just regripped with the Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT grips on my AP-2s, the previous one were the Multi Compound which were very good wearing but I decided on the BCTs because they really feel fantastic (much better than the previous ones).  Next will be the woods.....very soon

Cheers

Jim

I recently (few months ago) regripped with Golf Pride Tour Velvet midsize and LOVE them...they look and feel great in all kinds of conditions and wear like iron-and are quite inexpensive to boot!....it's no accident that Tour Pros who can grip with any brand they please so often choose Golf Pride Tour Velvet....methinks that if they choose to play this grip for a million bucks on any given Sunday...perhaps they will serve me just as well in a 5 buck Nassau   :)

Originally Posted by namkrats

There is also no difference in the actual grip of the multi compounds depending on the colour right

No, same grip, just different colors.

Originally Posted by iacas

I vote for regripping with a PURE grip.

http://www.google.com/search?q=pure+grip+site:thesandtrap.com

Especially if you do it yourself.  Definitely end up saving $ by going this route

• Administrator

Originally Posted by mvmac

Especially if you do it yourself.  Definitely end up saving $ by going this route

Yeah, plus I think they're a better grip. They last a lot longer and though I like the corded section, those grips wear out faster and wear your hands out faster (less practice). :-)

• 2 months later...

So I ended up going with the Multicompounds in light blue as my clubs were regripped as a Hanukah gift and can't say enough about them. Really great gift. Also received some myjoys for hanukah and a surprise gift of optishot. Needless to say the holidays are off to a great start Cheers everyone and happy holidays

Grip choice is an extremely personal decision!   I am in the extreme minority and use only Golf Pride Full Cord.

I don't even recommend it because full cord definitely isn't the grip of choice for most people..

........I prefer a rough texture for those hot/humid days.

Note: This thread is 3316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!