IGNORED

What is your personal goal for golf?

jcollins120
Note: This thread is 3617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1.   Setup perfectly to the ball every time (i.e. good ball position, hands lower to promote good posture, proper grip and weight balance)

2.   No mental mistakes (choose the right club and the right shot).

3.   Actually hit the ball (been losing about 6-12 shots per round due to chunks and mishits).

4.   Commit to every shot because every shot counts.  I shot 103, 106, then 89 in the first 3 rounds of the year by prioritizing 3 & 4 (and the 89 included someone threatening to pull a gun on the golf course.)

Hit a ball with a stick...how hard can it be?

• 2 weeks later...

New goals for 2013,

to become a wedge aficionado

100 yards an in, its killing my game. I don't mind the ever other miss putt for par. that's going to happen when your scrambling, but to waste multitudes of shots around the green is a problem. I want to get a good wedge game so i can get better birdie opportunities.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Enjoy spending time with buddies on the course. Practice on the range so I don't get too frustrated with not playing good. I often forget that golf is a game, and my competitive nature has my focus in overdrive. I forget to enjoy the game.

To play smarter.

To stay out of trouble.

To get consistently good at 60 yards in.

I firmly believe this would bring my scores down 10 strokes and I'd have a smile on my face when I complete a round.

To start hitting my driver this year. Have been hitting my Ping Hybrid off the tee because I feel confident with it, and I like the shortness of the shaft. Feels like an iron to me.

Big Daddy Joe

In My Bag

G 20 Irons

Diablo Tour Balls, Lots and Lots of Balls

Originally Posted by divot dave

in no particular order:

go a round without losing a ball... almost there... almost

break 90

be a bogey golfer by next year this time.

shot 90 last weekend on a par 72 course... getting there

managed to not lose any balls except for this one hole where I lost two :(

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

New member here.

Used to be wanting to shot 72 when I was actively playing golf. It never happened. I never managed to break 80.

Now that my daughter, aged 6 is starting to play golf, I just want to help her to enjoy the game and spend more time with her. That would make me happier than shooting 72.

My lifetime goal is to be able to shoot even par someday.  I've been +1 through 13 holes a couple times before falling apart.  And I'm not talking easy courses.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

My lifetime goal, hmmmm ...

I would like to get to the point where I can break 70.  So, basically, I'd like to become a scratch golfer.  Likely?  Nope.  Possible?  Sure.  And it's definitely a lot of fun to try!! :)

Dedicating myself to getting to scratch. I know I have the game and talent, just a matter of putting in the time and practice. Moving back to Virginia (from Colorado) at the end of the week and as soon as I lock in a full-time job, I plan on picking up a course membership so I can get serious about my game again.

#1 to be more consistent

#2 to break 90 and eventually 80

#2 will come if I can get #1 finished or at least on it's way to completed.

Originally Posted by ChadParker

Current goals shoot under 80 within the month, I'm getting very close (shot 83 last week). Get into a D2 college in 2 years, or D1 if I'm lucky.

If that's your goal I have two comments:

1) You're going to have to be able to shoot consistently in the low 70's on the courses and setups you are most likely playing on now.

2)  I wouldn't be posting on the internet, using my name as my screen name, and using an avatar of (presumably) my underage self drinking a beer.

Even though it's commonplace to drink a lot while in college any college golf coach is going to probably pass on a prospective recruit if there are signs that there could be off the course issues during your 4+ years under their watch.

• Upvote 2

Note: This thread is 3617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!