IGNORED

What is your personal goal for golf?

jcollins120
Note: This thread is 3619 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by minitour

My personal goal is just that...personal.

What a bizarre comment.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

What a bizarre comment.

oh oh oh, let me guess...Tour Pro!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

What a bizarre comment.

The nice thing about keeping goals a secret, is no one can comment about your abject failure to meet them!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

What a bizarre comment.

Well, I guess they didn't want to post "to legitimately change my forum name to 'majortour'."  Although I'm still not sure why people who have "secrets" fell compelled to tell others that they have a "secret".  Weird.  But they succeeded in getting the attention they wanted, I guess.

Originally Posted by David in FL

The nice thing about keeping goals a secret, is no one can comment about your abject failure to meet them!

You came close to quoting the great philsopher, Peter LeFleur, in Dodgeball ... "I find that if you have goals, then you may not reach them, but if you don't set goals, then you are never disappointed.  And I gotta tell ya, it feels phenomenal!"

Originally Posted by dave67az

Well, I guess they didn't want to post "to legitimately change my forum name to 'majortour'."  Although I'm still not sure why people who have "secrets" fell compelled to tell others that they have a "secret".  Weird.  But they succeeded in getting the attention they wanted, I guess.

You answered your own question.  They want the attention.  I have never once told somebody that I have a secret without knowing ahead of time that I wanted to tell them that secret.

Major goal for this season is to keep the mental game on track and be focused and commuted to every shot putt or chip I hit.. If I have a good mental round I can shoot around even or a few over.. A bad mental round will turn into 80 or higher lol.. Swing is there it's just all a mental game

I don't really have a "goal" for golf...I just enjoy playing it. The more I play, the better I get...Thats where the satisfaction of the game is for me.

R7

Edge 3-SW with Apex4 Steel shafts

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

Originally Posted by SloverUT

Quote:

Does it come natural or do you have to work at it?

If you don't want the answer, don't ask the question (or read the thread).

Quote:

What a bizarre comment.

See above.

Originally Posted by David in FL

Quote:

What a bizarre comment.

Yeah, that's it exactly.

If you don't want the answer, don't ask the question (or read the thread).

See above.

How ironic that your statements apply to your own post.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I think I'd be happy if I could consistently shoot in the 70's, with the occasional round being under par.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I know. I wasn't figuring any different. I also know that I stated some lofty goals. I am starting to shoot in the low 90s with dips into the upper 80s though. Just don't see the need to worry about a handicap and managing it and all that this year. Don't have any desire to play any events yet, so I don't really need one. Right now I manage to play 18 holes ten or better times a month. And I hit the range for 100-200 balls a couple times a week during work weeks with 5-9 holes tossed in. I'm actually thinking that of all the goals I listed, learning to hit a driver might prove to be the most difficult. Cheers, Jimmi

I have really been practicing quite alot latley, and my goal for this season is to shoot mid to low 80's... With my current focus on improving my greens in regulation and better second shot attempts on par 5's. the long par 5's have been my personal thorn in the heel so to speak.

• 10 months later...

I've been working hard on getting my drives straight since last year. I had a bad slice with my driver, but using a 3 or 5 wood I hit much better. For most of last season I stopped using my driver altogether. This year so far my drives are much straighter and longer (I have been working out and stretching much more which helps overall). I even started pulling out the driver again and found that is going much better as well.

Now I am starting to work on my iron shots. I am 50/50 with good, solid shots and bad mishits (top it, hit ground too early-- my main issue , bad accuracy, etc.). My biggest issue of course is consistency.

Putting is last on my list to work on seriously. Where I play they aerated the greens early and are working to make them very fast. Due to the uneven surface from the aeration/sand it's been tough judging distance, speed and direction. Now as the greens are filling in they are moving so fast I need to adjust for that after being used to much slower greens previously.

I guess it's one step at a time. Putting is the least of my worries right now as getting to the green and accuracy is on the top of my priority list. Putting doesn't mean much if it takes 4+ shots to get on the green in the first place.

I am shooting in the low 100's now and want to be consistently in the mid-high 90's this year.

Then PGA tour the year after -- hey it's good to have a goal. :bugout:

In the bag:

:ping: k15 Driver 10.5

:ping:K15 5 Wood

:ping:G15 irons

:tmade:Ghost Rossa Corza Putter

:ping:4-series stand bag

Grandpa's circa 1960's ball retriever for fishing expeditions.

I want to be able to dial in any distance with any shot shape at any moment! Not asking for much here!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Note: This thread is 3619 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!