IGNORED

What is your personal goal for golf?

Note: This thread is 2613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too not be embarassed when I play with my friends from work.

To be able to play without cursing at the ball... Seriously, I want to become a scratch golfer. :)

If that's your goal I have two comments: 1) You're going to have to be able to shoot consistently in the low 70's on the courses and setups you are most likely playing on now. 2)  I woul

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

What a bizarre comment.

The nice thing about keeping goals a secret, is no one can comment about your abject failure to meet them!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What a bizarre comment.

Well, I guess they didn't want to post "to legitimately change my forum name to 'majortour'."  Although I'm still not sure why people who have "secrets" fell compelled to tell others that they have a "secret".  Weird.  But they succeeded in getting the attention they wanted, I guess.

Originally Posted by David in FL

The nice thing about keeping goals a secret, is no one can comment about your abject failure to meet them!

You came close to quoting the great philsopher, Peter LeFleur, in Dodgeball ... "I find that if you have goals, then you may not reach them, but if you don't set goals, then you are never disappointed.  And I gotta tell ya, it feels phenomenal!"

Originally Posted by dave67az

Well, I guess they didn't want to post "to legitimately change my forum name to 'majortour'."  Although I'm still not sure why people who have "secrets" fell compelled to tell others that they have a "secret".  Weird.  But they succeeded in getting the attention they wanted, I guess.

You answered your own question.  They want the attention.  I have never once told somebody that I have a secret without knowing ahead of time that I wanted to tell them that secret.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Major goal for this season is to keep the mental game on track and be focused and commuted to every shot putt or chip I hit.. If I have a good mental round I can shoot around even or a few over.. A bad mental round will turn into 80 or higher lol.. Swing is there it's just all a mental game

I don't really have a "goal" for golf...I just enjoy playing it. The more I play, the better I get...Thats where the satisfaction of the game is for me.

Originally Posted by SloverUT

Quote:

Originally Posted by minitour

My personal goal is just that...personal.

Does it come natural or do you have to work at it?

If you don't want the answer, don't ask the question (or read the thread).

Quote:

My personal goal is just that...personal.

What a bizarre comment.

See above.

Originally Posted by David in FL

Quote:

What a bizarre comment.

Yeah, that's it exactly.

If you don't want the answer, don't ask the question (or read the thread).

See above.

How ironic that your statements apply to your own post.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

How ironic that your statements apply to your own post.

I don't have a problem with any of the answers to the question.

I know. I wasn't figuring any different. I also know that I stated some lofty goals. I am starting to shoot in the low 90s with dips into the upper 80s though. Just don't see the need to worry about a handicap and managing it and all that this year. Don't have any desire to play any events yet, so I don't really need one. Right now I manage to play 18 holes ten or better times a month. And I hit the range for 100-200 balls a couple times a week during work weeks with 5-9 holes tossed in. I'm actually thinking that of all the goals I listed, learning to hit a driver might prove to be the most difficult. Cheers, Jimmi

I have really been practicing quite alot latley, and my goal for this season is to shoot mid to low 80's... With my current focus on improving my greens in regulation and better second shot attempts on par 5's. the long par 5's have been my personal thorn in the heel so to speak.

• 10 months later...

I've been working hard on getting my drives straight since last year. I had a bad slice with my driver, but using a 3 or 5 wood I hit much better. For most of last season I stopped using my driver altogether. This year so far my drives are much straighter and longer (I have been working out and stretching much more which helps overall). I even started pulling out the driver again and found that is going much better as well.

Now I am starting to work on my iron shots. I am 50/50 with good, solid shots and bad mishits (top it, hit ground too early-- my main issue , bad accuracy, etc.). My biggest issue of course is consistency.

Putting is last on my list to work on seriously. Where I play they aerated the greens early and are working to make them very fast. Due to the uneven surface from the aeration/sand it's been tough judging distance, speed and direction. Now as the greens are filling in they are moving so fast I need to adjust for that after being used to much slower greens previously.

I guess it's one step at a time. Putting is the least of my worries right now as getting to the green and accuracy is on the top of my priority list. Putting doesn't mean much if it takes 4+ shots to get on the green in the first place.

I am shooting in the low 100's now and want to be consistently in the mid-high 90's this year.

Then PGA tour the year after -- hey it's good to have a goal. :bugout:

Note: This thread is 2613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!