IGNORED

What is the best high spin golf ball for the price?

Note: This thread is 4232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Jmdmbike

You might want to try the Bridgestone e5. it's a 2 piece ball I believe, but with a soft cover like the higher cost tour balls. Heard good things about them. I also buy used balls rated as mint condition. Quite a bit cheaper and basically like new condition.

From what I have read the e5 is the highest spinning ball that is not considered a premium ball on the market.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Srixon Z-Star or Bridgestone B330.  Pro V1s are overpriced and overrated.

• Upvote 1

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

PENTA… Buy 2 dozen, get 1 free... 'nough said!

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Srixon Z-Star or Bridgestone B330.  Pro V1s are overpriced and overrated

For someone with titleist in their username, you really come off as a fountain of misinformation. You may not be able to afford Pro V1s, but to call them *overpriced and overrated* is just asinine.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

aside from the V1 and V1x (my personal favorite)....the NXT Tour is very good and the DT So/Lo is surprisingly so for Titleists low end 2 piece...so/lo runs about 20 bucks a box....

FYI: I dislike the NXT (not to be confused with the NXT Tour!) as I find it very rock-like....no feel at all!     Just my opinion......good luck.

The Innovex V-Motion and the Bridgestone E5 both tested extremely high for spin, and both cost $30 and $27 per dozen respectively. The V-motion actually spins slightly more than the E5, but they're harder to find since Innovex is a pretty small company. Both balls spin way more than any other ball in their price range.

Constantine

Originally Posted by meenman

For someone with titleist in their username, you really come off as a fountain of misinformation. You may not be able to afford Pro V1s, but to call them *overpriced and overrated* is just asinine.

Why? Because you disagree? Or because you're a ProV1 lemming???

I always say the same thing. PROVE to me how the ProV1 is so superior and maybe ill believe you. Commercials and sales records dont prove a thing. It just means people are gullible and the company has a great marketing strategy.

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

Originally Posted by I AM PRO V1

I have heard very good things on the Srixon Z-Star, anyone tried them?

I play the Z star X, its a great ball! Buy a sleeve, I think you'll like them.

In my Ogio bag.

And a yellow ball.

To the OP's topic, if you want a nice "Tour" quality ball and enough spin try a sleeve of the Srixon tri-speed TOUR balls. Not the tri-speed, but the tri-speed TOUR… Its a great ball. I used to play it until I went to a softer ball with more spin. I think it puts the NXT tour to shame.

In my Ogio bag.

And a yellow ball.

I bought a couple dozen of the Srixon Tri Speed Tour balls when they went on sale at the local Golf Town. Really good ball and excellent value. I normally buy used NXT Tours in mint condition, but would not hesitate to use the Srixon, it's an excellent ball.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

Why? Because you disagree? Or because you're a ProV1 lemming???

I always say the same thing. PROVE to me how the ProV1 is so superior and maybe ill believe you. Commercials and sales records dont prove a thing. It just means people are gullible and the company has a great marketing strategy.

Far from a pro v1 lemming. Someone called the prov1 overrated and overpriced, while suggesting 2 balls that are similar in price that are no better.

Follow me on twitter

Originally Posted by meenman

Far from a pro v1 lemming. Someone called the prov1 overrated and overpriced, while suggesting 2 balls that are similar in price that are no better.

When you compare all the "pemium" balls out on the market and they are all 99.9999% the same in every performance category, yet the ProV1 is the most expensive by sometimes $10 a dozen, i'd say that "overpriced" & "overrated" are accurate descriptions….

Someone, anyone, PROVE to me that the ProV1 spins more, flies further, checks faster, etc… over the Penta, the Srixon, the Callaway, etc… and maybe ill eat my words. As of now… That Titleist ProV1 is an overhyped, overpriced, & OVERRATED golf ball. Played by lemmings… Hahaha *note* I didnt say I haven't played, won't play it, or wouldn't play it in the future. Its still a good ball. Its just no better than the rest of the premium balls out on the market. Sorry guys, but the ProV1 supremacy is done!!

In my Ogio bag.

And a yellow ball.

When you compare all the "pemium" balls out on the market and they are all 99.9999% the same in every performance category, yet the ProV1 is the most expensive by sometimes $10 a dozen, i'd say that "overpriced" & "overrated" are accurate descriptions….

Someone, anyone, PROVE to me that the ProV1 spins more, flies further, checks faster, etc… over the Penta, the Srixon, the Callaway, etc… and maybe ill eat my words. As of now… That Titleist ProV1 is an overhyped, overpriced, & OVERRATED golf ball. Played by lemmings… Hahaha *note* I didnt say I haven't played, won't play it, or wouldn't play it in the future. Its still a good ball. Its just no better than the rest of the premium balls out on the market. Sorry guys, but the ProV1 supremacy is done!!

Once again, go back to the post I replied to, those balls are $3/dozen cheaper than the pro v1s. Neither is considerably better than the Titleist ball.

The anti - Titleist posts are weak at best.

If you want to hate on the Pro V1, at least be consistent and hate on every other $40+/dozen ball. Or better yet, show us why one of these $1 balls is so much better than the real leader.

I no longer use the Pro V1, but it is more due to what is better for my game. Short game does not matter when you cant get to the green........

Follow me on twitter

Maybe you dont understand me or maybe I dont understand you. Either way Im not "getting" your post…

I thought I very clearly stated my opinion, and why I have it.

I also didnt say "I didnt like the ProV1" at all, I just said it was overpriced and overrated… So, respectfully, WHAT IS YOUR POINT???

OP's question was: "what is the best high spin ball for the price?" And its obviously the Taylormade Penta. $39.99 a dozen, unless on special for buy 2 get 1 free, then they're approx. $26.66 a dozen. The ProV1, the Srixon, Bridgestones, and the Callaway are all $40+ and never on sale…

I also stated that the Srixon tri-speed TOUR ball was a good ball for a good price with a good amount of spin. The Taylormade Penta when on sale is still cheaper than even the Srixon tri-speed Tour. THEREFORE, The Taylormade Penta is far and above "The best high spinning ball for the price"!!!

I have proven my point, now its your turn… if you can…

In my Ogio bag.

And a yellow ball.

The Pro V1 is a great ball. But agree the price is overpriced.

Pro V1 is not 'head & shoulders' than other premium balls.

• Administrator

First off, they're rarely more than $0-$5 more, and are almost never $10 except when someone's liquidating old balls or something.

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

That's your opinion. The problem is you're stating it like it's a fact. So here, I'll "prove" it to you: for my game, and for Dave Wedzik's game (on this I can speak for him), no other ball has the best combination of spin, feel, distance, trajectory, and control as the Pro V1x.

But that's not "proof" and nobody can offer "proof" because it's all opinion. Duh.

Originally Posted by 18thbunker

Pro V1 is not 'head & shoulders' than other premium balls.

It's also not priced head and shoulders above other premium balls.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Read again. I never said priced 'head and shoulders' above premium balls.

I said it is not 'head and shoulders' in performance compared to other premium balls.

Originally Posted by iacas

First off, they're rarely more than $0-$5 more, and are almost never $10 except when someone's liquidating old balls or something.

That's your opinion. The problem is you're stating it like it's a fact. So here, I'll "prove" it to you: for my game, and for Dave Wedzik's game (on this I can speak for him), no other ball has the best combination of spin, feel, distance, trajectory, and control as the Pro V1x.

But that's not "proof" and nobody can offer "proof" because it's all opinion. Duh.

It's also not priced head and shoulders above other premium balls.

Note: This thread is 4232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!