IGNORED

Your 2012 Golf Goals - Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1.Get my handicap as low as possible this year.  Yeah...I know it's kind of generic but that is always a goal in 1st position.

2.  Add another 20 yards to my driver

3. Stop getting mad.  I am very competitive with myself and if something doesn't go right I don't flip out externally, but on the inside I am going on a horendous rampage!

1) To play as much as possible (at least once a week)

2) To practice at least 3 times a week hitting at least 75 balls

3) Get handicap to less than 10

4) Play more competitive golf (stroke play tournaments, scrambles)

Just got back into the game after being out of it for 25 years. I'm seeing that golf is a lifestyle that includes diet and exercise.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Well, my goal was to break 85.

I broke 80...

SO I guess it will be to break 75 while concentrating on my putting and distance control and to hone in my fairway woods. They are the weakest clubs in my bag no doubt.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

1.Break 80

2.Get my long iron game under control.  My woods, my putting, my short game, my wedges and basically everything under a 7 iron I feel very comfortable/confident with at the moment, but my long irons are killing.

3. Find better players to play with regularly.  My buddies love golf but they're hackers who don't currently work on their game seriously or have any competetive drive.  I'm going to start playing in (and preparing for) a handful of tournaments each year in the FSGA single-day event series, starting with back to back events on Oct 1-2 this fall.  I just find that my game tends to lean towards those who I'm playing with.  When I play with better players, my game is much better.

Nike SQ MachSpeed Driver 

Calloway RAZR Fit 3W  

Taylor Made R7 Irons 

White Ice #1 35" 

Mizuno F50 5-7W 

Bushnell Medalist Range Finder 

Break 90.

Learn to hit 4-6 iron with anything resembling consistency.

910 D2 10.5  910F 3w  910H 19*

712 AP1 4-GW  Vokey SM4 54* and 58*

Select Golo  E5

I'd like to break 80 this year. I plan to do this by working with my wedges a lot. I'm getting better with them, and think if I could get good enough with them to go for the pins I could do it. I feel that is the main thing holding me back from my goal. My putting is pretty decent, but it's easier to since within 10 ft instead of 25 to 30 ft.

First post since introduction, I would really like to see myself with a 5 index by the end of summer, I think short game is totally holding me back at this time since I notice I drive the ball as well as a lot of 1 and 2's and my irons are not that far behind maybe 2 or 3 shots given up there but my short game is just absolutely killing me.I recently became a member at a local course that is known to have a lot of the top amatuers in the area that like to play there. Firm fast greens are the norm and I really don't have much experience on surfaces like that so getting chips and pitches close is a big challenge, I know playing a tougher course is only going to make me better it's just a little tiring when I know I have to hit greens consistently in order to just make pars.

1. Ultimately shoot bogey golf consistently. Right now, I'm shooting anywhere from low 59 to mid 40s for 9, though I'm improving as my last several 9s were low 50s down to mid 40s. 2. Drive straighter, though this is also improving considerably. 3. Have more confidence in my up and down game. Currently I often get nervous and don't trust my swing, so I only chip it 1/2 the distance (requiring 2 to get on the green)...or I get nervous and pick my head up while chipping.

Driver -- TM Burner 2.0 9.5º

FWs -- TM Burner 2.0 15º / 18º

Hybrids -- TM Raylor 19º and 22º

Irons -- TM Burner Plus (4i - PW, AW, SW), TM Burner 1.0 LW

Putter -- Scotty Cameron Mallet Phantom 2

Bag -- TM Stratus 3.0

Ball -- Top Flight Gamer V2, Titleist DT Solo

1. Have a solid drive off the tee box. i get nervous up there and usually my ugly slice shows its face when i am. id like to trust my swing more and really swing.i feel like i dont trust what im doing and pull out of it.

2. more consistant putt.ill have a few holes where i feel good. then other where ill 3 putt 2-4 holes in a row.

3. finally get my hybrid and 5 iron down. too inconsistant with both of them

1.  Get par twice in one day.

2.  Get consistent with my 3 wood off the deck.

3.  Focus on getting to the green in regulation

4.  Work on short game!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by moparman426

Improve my putting, and get to at least a 12 index (17 official/14 unofficial).

My handicap seems to have have stabilized at 11.3 after 17 rounds, so I consider half of my seasonal goal to be met.  Got the wedge sorted out (was flipping the bugger!) just in time to injure myself at a ball tourney last week.  A couple of broken ribs on my right side just brought my season to a screeching halt!  Eight is snapped clean and a hairline fracture on the ninth.  Hopefully I will be able to ease back into it in another six weeks, so in the meantime my crappy putting stats will remain........crappy.

Originally Posted by Logan Gabriel

1.Get my handicap as low as possible this year.  Yeah...I know it's kind of generic but that is always a goal in 1st position.

2.  Add another 20 yards to my driver

3. Stop getting mad.  I am very competitive with myself and if something doesn't go right I don't flip out externally, but on the inside I am going on a horendous rampage!

amen to #3. i get so bent out of shape and waste a couple holes because i can't just settle down.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Golf Goals 2012

Join Harding Park Golf Club (HPGC)

· Play in 9 HPGC tournaments

Join North Bay Golf Club (NBGC)

· Play in 10 NBGC tournaments

Post 30 rounds with GHIN

Play in the following tournaments:

1. San Francisco City Championship

2. Southern Oregon Golf Championships

o Qualify for at least second-to-last flight of Jr./Sr. division

Swing Mechanics

· Reduce tension in swing

· Keep lower body stable

· Focus on ball contact through 6/30/12

· In second half of year, focus on distance, if contact is good

· Reduce tension in putting stroke

o Focus on distance control over line of putt

Develop pre-shot routine for both full swing and putting

Play to my handicap Target Score in every round

No more than one penalty stroke every four rounds

Get scoring average below 95 by 3/31/12

Get scoring average below 90 (bogey golf) by 9/30/12

Get scoring average down/Reduce GHIN index

· Index under 17 by 3/31/12

· Index under 16 by 6/30/12

· Index under 15 by 9/30/12

· Index under 14 by 12/31/12

Reduce three putts

· No more than four per round by 3/31/12

· No more than three per round by 6/30/12

· No more than two per round by 9/30/12

· No more than one per round by 12/31/12

Develop a golf-focused exercise regimen

· Work out three times per week

Practice at least once per week

· Spend 70% of practice time on short game

Track results and playing notes from each round

Reread the USGA Rule Book

Originally Posted by iacas

Like our 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 threads, here's the official thread for 2012.

The rules are the same as they've been:

Post your goals personal golf-related goals for 2012.

Please try to post just once, though if you reach all of your goals, you should quote your post and revise them later in the year.

Do not reply to the posts of other people. This thread, like "What'd You Shoot Today," is not intended to be a discussion, but merely a list of people's goals.

If you're looking to recap your 2011 goals, that's over here in this thread.

1. Consistently break 100

Driver: 9.5 Stage 2 stiff
3 Wood: 15 Stage 2 stiff

2I: MP-H4 regular
3-4H: Taylor Made Super Launch regular
5-PW: Burners regular
56 CG16 Black Pearl

60 Taylormade RAC
Putter: Ghost White Hot 35"

Note: This thread is 4091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!