IGNORED

What is the best lightweight stand bag in your opinion?

Note: This thread is 4540 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm in the market for a lightweight stand bag. Preferably something that can easily hold 14 clubs. I've heard great things about Ping Hoofer and 4-Under, Sun Mountain Three-Five and Four-Five, and Titleist Ultra-lightweight. I'm also considering a Callaway Hyperlite 3.0 or 4.0. So, in your humble opinion, what is the best bag for walking out there?

I have the Sun Mountain Four5 and love it... However I ride nearly all of my rounds... I think that if I was to carry the majority of my rounds I would probably get a Three5, but you can't really go wrong with either one.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just recently got the hyper-lite four.  I looked around for a while and decided on it.  I'm very happy.  I think the ultra lights don't hold the clubs as well in keeping them sorted.  The extra pound is worth it. I highly recommend.  There are some great deals on them on ebay.  I think I got mine brand new for 76 shipped.

Brian

Sun Mountain 3.5.  Make sure you get one that has the hard plastic handle that extends up from the back of the bag.   Its great for when you need to move you bag a few steps.  It also has plenty of pockets for various types of storage.

I dont find it a problem keeping 14 clubs separated, even though there are only 6 divided sections.

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

Ogio ozone. Not the lightest bag out, but it's a far cry from "heavy" and with a bunch of useful features.

That's funny. I was thinking of selling my Ozone for two reasons: The clubs are always getting jammed up, and the legs don't deploy out far enough to create a stable tripod so the bag is always teetering on inclines. Oh and it doesn't play particularly nice with carts as it tends to want to rotate around.

Happiness is a long walk with a putter.

The Titleist Ultra light bag or any other bag that only has 2-3 divider isn't all that great for 14 clubs. Grips always get tangled and make it annoying. I know the whole ultra light bags are the thing lately but I like at least 4 dividers to keep the tangling to a minimum. Sun Mountain 3.5 or the Titleist light weight bags are great.

« Keith »

Originally Posted by wrx_junki

The Titleist Ultra light bag or any other bag that only has 2-3 divider isn't all that great for 14 clubs. Grips always get tangled and make it annoying. I know the whole ultra light bags are the thing lately but I like at least 4 dividers to keep the tangling to a minimum. Sun Mountain 3.5 or the Titleist light weight bags are great.

Yeah, any bag you are going to put a complete set in is gonna need more than 2 to 3 dividers... You don't need a 14 way for sure but I'd say a minimum of 4 with 5+ being better.

By the way, on a side note, welcome back wrx... I can't really remember the last time I saw you post.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Mizuno Aerolite

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Couldn't say a bad word about my Sun Mountain Four-5. Best bag I've ever had and looks lovely in green as well.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Originally Posted by misty_mountainhop

Couldn't say a bad word about my Sun Mountain Four-5. Best bag I've ever had and looks lovely in green as well.

Issues with my 2009 version:

1.) fabric could be a bit more waterproof

2.) plastic spring loaded thing on cord holding top portion of umbrella in place is weak, doesn't stay in place

3.) so many pockets that you need to stay on top of what gear you have stowed away or it does get heavy

4.) not enough padding in shoulder straps.

The 2011 version has more padding in the shoulder straps.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

2.) plastic spring loaded thing on cord holding top portion of umbrella in place is weak, doesn't stay in place

3.) so many pockets that you need to stay on top of what gear you have stowed away or it does get heavy

I agree about your point 1 but I've not had an issue with anything else.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Yeah... I have the new one and the padding is not an issue on it... I walked for the first time in a long time the other day and it was a good bag... You are right on point 3, however, there is a lot of space and it can get heavy quick if you are not careful...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I have the original Sun Mountain 3.5 with the Hip Belt.

The new Zero G with the Belt looks like a comfy and easy system. It does take the weight off your back. If you walk, that would be my recommendation.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I have the Taylormade ultra-light stand one (not sure of the exact model name) in my signature and love it. The clubs actually stay separated and there are a ton of great pockets and features. However, I feel like most of the "ultra-light" bags are about the same and jut go with one of the major brands and you'll be alright.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

I have the same problem with my Ogio. Just doesn't want to sit up straight in the golf cart and my bag, amongst my friends, always falls first if a gust of wind blows.

Originally Posted by visiondr

That's funny. I was thinking of selling my Ozone for two reasons: The clubs are always getting jammed up, and the legs don't deploy out far enough to create a stable tripod so the bag is always teetering on inclines. Oh and it doesn't play particularly nice with carts as it tends to want to rotate around.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I like the Mizuno Twister. Not the lightest in the bunch but love the Kabuki top. I like the way the clubs are organized. As the top is quite compact, it lessens the clubs from banging  at each other.

Another nice feature of the bag, the big pockets are removable. So if you are like me, I only carry the basic essentials --- ball, tees, drink, you could detach these pockets to lighten the load a bit.

Also, the 4 point strap is well padded, making the bag comfortable.

Originally Posted by 18thbunker

I like the Mizuno Twister. Not the lightest in the bunch but love the Kabuki top. I like the way the clubs are organized. As the top is quite compact, it lessens the clubs from banging  at each other.

Another nice feature of the bag, the big pockets are removable. So if you are like me, I only carry the basic essentials --- ball, tees, drink, you could detach these pockets to lighten the load a bit.

Also, the 4 point strap is well padded, making the bag comfortable.

I had the original Twister -- thought it was the best bag out there -- but Mizuno, being idiots, didn't realize that golfers like water when they walk.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 4540 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!