IGNORED

Stevie Williams - Racist?

turtleback
Note: This thread is 3691 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Grumpter

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

You get over it already. I don't need to be told to get over it.

apparently you do.

Why do you keep posting if you're so over it?

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Guys, c'mon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Ugh, comments like these are so disappointing to read.

Way to be an adult.

Disappointing why?  Because of your belief that any comment made toward a person of color must be an indicator of racism?  If you refer to your asian friend as the as the "bald guy", does that make you a racist?  If you describe the girl you slept with after last year's company Christmas party as the "fat chick" does that make you a sexist?  Your ignorance isn't excused by a holier than thou attitude.  This is a non-story, and the best evidence of that comes from the people who interact the closest with Williams himself.  Adam Scott doesn't believe Williams is racist.  Neither does Tiger Woods.  These people know him a damn sight better than any of us.

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

There's a difference between making a racist comment and calling someone a racist.  If Tiger or Scott called Williams a racist they'd be sued for slander unless they had sufficient proof to back up their statement so it's unlikely anyone would make such an accusation.  That doesn't mean that Tiger or Scott don't consider the use of the word "black" that Stevie used to describe Tiger as a racist comment.

Outside of golf but still relevant Brett Ratner was forced to resign as producer of the Oscars for making an anti-gay slur, he said "rehearsal is for fags".  Does that mean Ratner is anti-gay or did he just slip and use an offensive term.  Hollywood and the Oscars committee didn't seem to care and pressured him to resign.

Originally Posted by carrx

Disappointing why?  Because of your belief that any comment made toward a person of color must be an indicator of racism?  If you refer to your asian friend as the as the "bald guy", does that make you a racist?  If you describe the girl you slept with after last year's company Christmas party as the "fat chick" does that make you a sexist?  Your ignorance isn't excused by a holier than thou attitude.  This is a non-story, and the best evidence of that comes from the people who interact the closest with Williams himself.  Adam Scott doesn't believe Williams is racist.  Neither does Tiger Woods.  These people know him a damn sight better than any of us.

Joe Paradiso

He's not a racist. But he is an idiot who ran his mouth way outta control trying to be edgy and funny. For the record I think Scott should sack his ass for bringing the game into disrepute. The minute a caddie gets more attention - be it at the side of a green after his boss just won or in a private session which he knows will go public - than the player, is the time to tell him cheerio.

Originally Posted by dolfinack

He's not a racist. But he is an idiot who ran his mouth way outta control trying to be edgy and funny. For the record I think Scott should sack his ass for bringing the game into disrepute. The minute a caddie gets more attention - be it at the side of a green after his boss just won or in a private session which he knows will go public - than the player, is the time to tell him cheerio.

There was a great sledge from the gallery at the Aussie Open yesterday: "Hey Adam! You gonna put a muzzle on that sheep, mate?"

• Upvote 2

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by newtogolf

There's a difference between making a racist comment and calling someone a racist.

No, there really isn't.  Now I am not saying Williams is going to put a white sheet on and go out lynching blacks.  There are degrees of racism.  But you don't go where he went in his comments without having that inside you - and that is what racism is..

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I could not believe Stevie said that about Tiger. I was never a big Stevie Williams fan to begin with, but after that comment i cant stand him

Driver- Titleist 910 D2 RIP 60 S- shaft

3 wood- Taylormade RBZ S shaft

Hybrid- Taylormade superfast 2.0 S shaft

Irons- Titleist AP2 712 DG- S300

Wedges- titleist vokey sm4

Putter- SC Fast Back

Originally Posted by Stretch

There was a great sledge from the gallery at the Aussie Open yesterday: "Hey Adam! You gonna put a muzzle on that sheep, mate?"

One could find that comment to also be very inappropriate and offensive, as sheep is a derogatory name for a New Zealander. Though, as you call it a sledge I guess its not insulting at all anymore...  And he said mate afterwards...

I demand this guy to be hauled through the media and shamed!

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Bananarama

One could find that comment to also be very inappropriate and offensive, as sheep is a derogatory name for a New Zealander. Though, as you call it a sledge I guess its not insulting at all anymore...  And he said mate afterwards...

I demand this guy to be hauled through the media and shamed!

We are never called sheep.

We are called sheep fuc......

• Upvote 1

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

We are never called sheep.

We are called sheep fuc......

So that's what those blokes in your avatar are busy rehearsing so enthusiastically!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

So that's what those blokes in your avatar are busy rehearsing so enthusiastically!

LOL

They're assuming the position.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• 2 years later...
  • Administrator
Quote:
Even when his new boss is the reigning Masters champion, it's fair to say Steve Williams is still more of a draw as Tiger Woods' spurned former caddie. At least that would explain his guest appearance on Australia's Fox Sports' Golf Show this week , in which the veteran caddie says he and the world No. 1 are still not on the chummiest of terms.

"I haven't sorted anything out with him," Williams said. "There's been a lot of . . . this, that and the other . . .  but the hatchet hasn't been buried."

Read More http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/blogs/local-knowledge/2014/03/steve-williams-is-still-talking-about-his-breakup-with-tiger.html

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Stevie should sign on with Reed. Walking down the fairway with Reed in red and black... :w00t: Oh my, the hand wringing would be epic! LOL.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3691 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!