IGNORED

Can I Make the tour??

mjbond23
Note: This thread is 2538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I took up golf full time a year ago i was a 22.4 after my first handicap index.

after a couple of lower rounds in to 80s I realized my love and passion for the game and decided to get a coach and practice everyday 5-6hr im now down to a 0.9 and done well in the last three tournements i have played i want to improve as much as possible do you think i have a shot??

you went from a 22 handicap to a 0 in a year?  How old are you and what do you do for a living?

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There has been alot of these threads lately.  To be honest you should never have to ask this question.  Noone can tell you what you can achieve or not.  My best advice is to play in as many am tournaments as possible.  When you start winning everything you enter then you can turn pro and play in some mini tour events.  Play good in those get some sponsorships and if you are really talented the rest will work it's own way out.

EDIT** Just noticed you are work at a golf course as long as you are not a teaching pro and accept money for lessons or declared yourself pro you can still compete in am events.

• Upvote 1

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Not to whizz on your Cheerios, and I will preface this with saying, if you want it bad enough you can do it.

But there's a saying on the tour - Scratch ain't sh*t. Get that handicap to about a plus-4 & you have a shot. You're young & motivated. Good luck.

As posted above, play in tournament after tournament, learn, and polish your short game,

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by mjbond23

after a couple of lower rounds in to 80s I realized my love and passion for the game and decided to get a coach and practice everyday 5-6hr im now down to a 0.9 and done well in the last three tournements i have played i want to improve as much as possible do you think i have a shot??

What is your Golflink number?

I would very much like to see your progress from 22 to 1 in a year.

That would make some amazing reading.

But I really think that you are trolling, because I basically don't believe it.

Am more than happy to be proven wrong, but doubt that I will be.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Quote:

What is your Golflink number?

I would very much like to see your progress from 22 to 1 in a year.

That would make some amazing reading.

But I really think that you are trolling, because I basically don't believe it.

Am more than happy to be proven wrong, but doubt that I will be.

Your post is consistent with a thread I'm in the process of starting. Just working out the title. The working title is, "Credibility - back it up or you have none".

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

As poser said, there have been a lot of these threads lately... however a lot of them are started by some that have made good improvements but are no where close to where they need to be (the one I'm thinking of the guy is down to a 9 or so).  If you truly went from 22 to scratch in a year and your scores are completely legit then I give you the best chance of anybody here who has posed this question.

As others have said, keep working at it and play a lot of tournaments.  Good luck.

• Upvote 1

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by poser

EDIT** Just noticed you are work at a golf course as long as you are not a teaching pro and accept money for lessons or declared yourself pro you can still compete in am events.

His profile says that he is an assistant golf pro , which is obviously not true.

In Australia, where he is based, an assistant golf pro is a a qualified professional and is an employee of the head pro.

No one has ever gone from a 22 handicap to professional in one year.  It can't be done. A traineeship is several years.

He may be confusing "assistant pro" with "trainee pro", but if he did have one of these positions he'd know the difference. So if he's a trainee, tournaments he's talking about would be on the Queensland PGA trainee circut. Couldn't find a "Bond" there, and he says he's had good results lately. (I'm guessing the mjbond has some significance.)

Apart from that, he'd be the only trainee or assistant who practises 5 or 6 hours a day.

And.....anyone who is a 1 handicapper (even though this guy agreed when someone said he was scratch) is certainly not going to go to a golf forum to ask complete strangers if they think he "has a shot".

Like I said - let's see the Golflingk number (that's the Australian handicapping registry that ALL competition playing golfers use and shows official handicaps)

If I can see a Golflink record that shows someone going from 22.4 to 0.9 in a year it would be far and away the most astonishing golf related thing I've ever read in over 40 years.

Not only that, you'd be proud to show it because it's not only incredible, it's proof to shut people like me up.

Did anyone say Greg Norma......

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Quote:

Originally Posted by poser

His profile says that he is an assistant golf pro , which is obviously not true.

In Australia, where he is based, an assistant golf pro is a a qualified professional and is an employee of the head pro.

No one has ever gone from a 22 handicap to professional in one year.  It can't be done. A traineeship is several years.

He may be confusing "assistant pro" with "trainee pro", but if he did have one of these positions he'd know the difference. So if he's a trainee, tournaments he's talking about would be on the Queensland PGA trainee circut. Couldn't find a "Bond" there, and he says he's had good results lately. (I'm guessing the mjbond has some significance.)

Apart from that, he'd be the only trainee or assistant who practises 5 or 6 hours a day.

And.....anyone who is a 1 handicapper (even though this guy agreed when someone said he was scratch) is certainly not going to go to a golf forum to ask complete strangers if they think he "has a shot".

Like I said - let's see the Golflingk number (that's the Australian handicapping registry that ALL competition playing golfers use and shows official handicaps)

If I can see a Golflink record that shows someone going from 22.4 to 0.9 in a year it would be far and away the most astonishing golf related thing I've ever read in over 40 years.

Not only that, you'd be proud to show it because it's not only incredible, it's proof to shut people like me up.

Did anyone say Greg Norma......

. . . Larry Nelso. . .

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Travis Robinson, is that you?  Great job. You said you had a 5 year plan, and here you did it in only one week. I'm impressed.

larry you seem to know pretty well i am a assitant in canada where you do not become a pro untill you complete you traineeship as well as your PAT

My head pro is dean mcbride who when i first started playing with him i was down to a 9.7 i am happy to show you both my my golf link number but i have not used that system since being in canada i will gladly show you my RCGA handicap as well i was simply looking for real advice on different paths as this is a forum. i will be back in australia in two weeks where i will be training at brookwater full time.

I would think you'd need to play in a tournament against other pros before you could have an idea if you could make it out there.

• Upvote 1

Constantine

Note: This thread is 2538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!