IGNORED

So much for lessons.

Golfs-for-Fun
Note: This thread is 4545 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Golfs-for-Fun

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Wow.

My troll meter is reading of the charts right now.

ya might want to read the REST of the thread

Unfortunately, I have. You jumped the shark around post #127 or so. Maybe more like post #132. Since then it's been quite the train wreck.

I've since been reminded of this clip:

Have a good one.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by mvmac

Congrats you now defy the laws of physics.

btw the Justin Rose video was made before he started working with Sean Foley, a guy that knows the correct ball flight laws.  Justin knows the truth now

No friend, my BALL has defied the law of physics.....according ot you and some guy I dont know.

I AIM right of target and close my club face and I SEE the ball start out in the direction of my swing and end up drawing.

Whats hilarious is that EVERY hook and slice caused by an open or closed clubface refutes your position.

Ive never seen a slice that started out going right. That would be a push if my terminology is correct.

But that spin put in the ball by an open club face at impact pretty much always starts out along the swing path and then ends up making a big right turn in the sky somewhere .

Justins video has worked every time for me so far. I see the change in the flight path with my own eyes.

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Unfortunately, I have. You jumped the shark around post #127 or so. Maybe more like post #132.

I've since been reminded of this clip:

Have a good one.

I dont think you have because *IF* you had youd have seen that this thread started with a view in mind and part way through I had a change of heart about the OP. ;-)

At that point it seems that someone took my change of heart to mean that I was maybe thinking I wanted lessons, which never changed, and so we've ended up here arguing about it instead of letting it go.

There is no mystery to the golf swing.

Im sorry but that is simply a fact.

Some folks need a second pair of eyes to get it down, I am fine with that now and understand where an instructor fits into the picture with those players.

That does not dictate that EVERY player MUST have a live instructor...and Im sorry but that is simply the facts.

On in 2 on a par four. I believe thats what the regulations say....unless Im mistaken

How often do you do it though? On a good round I will hit something like 8-10 greens. A pro might hit 14-16. How long are these par fours? Anyone can reach a 320 yard hole in two, have you ever done it on a 400+ yard hole?

• Administrator

What I do is basically read and watch TONS of material on the golf swing, tear it down into basic concepts, and then find the common denominators involved and try to apply them and see how they work.

What you don't do is understand how to apply and absorb the correct information and discard the junk. Case in point?

Originally Posted by Golfs-for-Fun

As far as the ball not starting out on the path of the swing, I would have to disagree on that point based on what Ive been seeing in my own experience.

If I aim my body right of target and use that as my swing path, I can close the club face at address and then swing as though Im aiming right of target and I can see the ball every time go out on that line for about half of the distance (direction of the swing path) and then come back in to the target on the left (a draw).

Thank you for making my point.

Please let it go so I dont have to go find an ignore feature.

You can't ignore admins. Sorry.

You didn't answer my question. Your first post in this thread really has no point. You compared your score to a guy who'd just been to a golf school, and because you'd beat him, you concluded that there's no value in lessons?

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

This is what I love about improving at golf.  If you really want to improve, it often takes a character change.  Some people think that their only problem is that their crappy swing sucks.  The worst ones think that they don't have any problems, but just need to go and do some things that they don't feel like doing, like practice, or whatever.  If this were MMA, all it would take is a beat down to make those people either recognize their lack of skill or walk away for good.  Unfortunately that doesn't happen in golf, so we keep shooting 95 and blaming everything but ourselves because it's really not that life-threatening to shoot 95 so there isn't as much pain as motivator.  Look deep and ask what kind of person you really are.  A lot of people have given you instruction in this thread and you haven't paid anything for it.  Then at the end of it all, you say they have an angle or agenda.  They didn't need to spend any of their valuable time giving you any information, but they did.

Fair point.

Look, GFF, I'd bet a bunch of money you don't know a third of what you think you know. If you're content to shoot in the 100s or 90s or high 80s and never take a lesson, I'm fine with that. Others aren't.

Try this.

Put a ball on the ground and address it.

Now raise your head 2-3 inches. See what happened?

If I raise my head its pretty much sure that I raised my shoulders, arms, hands, club and therefore the clubface.

The sweet spot on an iron is what? An inch across at most?

Raising your head doesn't necessarily raise the clubhead. You could simply change the angles of your arms, your wrists/hands, your knees, etc. And again, Annika did pretty well not looking at the golf ball. It's highly unlikely "looking at the golf ball through impact" is your top full swing priority right now.

I'd even go so far as to say that most instructors who say "keep your head down" suck.

Originally Posted by mvmac

Congrats you now defy the laws of physics.

All in a day's work, errrrrr, all in a day's fun.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No friend, my BALL has defied the law of physics.....according ot you and some guy I dont know.

I AIM right of target and close my club face and I SEE the ball start out in the direction of my swing and end up drawing.

Whats hilarious is that EVERY hook and slice caused by an open or closed clubface refutes your position.

Ive never seen a slice that started out going right. That would be a push if my terminology is correct.

But that spin put in the ball by an open club face at impact pretty much always starts out along the swing path and then ends up making a big right turn in the sky somewhere .

Justins video has worked every time for me so far. I see the change in the flight path with my own eyes.

I'd suggest you check this out.  Ball starts where the face is aimed at impact.  Can hit draws with an open club face, face aimed right of the target, as long as the path is further out.  The face is a tool of projection and curves away from the path

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

As far as Ive seen Ive been very appreciative of any suggestions OTHER than the incessant one that keeps telling me to go pay for lessons,.

Nobody's done any such thing.

I'll just let this stand without much comment. I'll let others who actually know a thing or two form their own opinions of your level of intellect based on this post.

There is no mystery to the golf swing.

Im sorry but that is simply a fact.

Some folks need a second pair of eyes to get it down, I am fine with that now and understand where an instructor fits into the picture with those players.

That does not dictate that EVERY player MUST have a live instructor...and Im sorry but that is simply the facts.

You think you've "got it down" and you shoot 100. You hope to some day shoot 90 once you fix your putting.

This thread has run its course. You're behaving like a troll now and I agree that you jumped the shark long ago. You posted after the video from JF, so I'm reposting it, as I think it's an appropriate end to the thread. I hate closing threads, but in the case of obvious trolling (like the Ping Eye 2 guy), it's got to be done.

Good luck to you. I hope you'll stick around for the amusement if nothing else.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4545 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!