IGNORED

working out

Note: This thread is 4553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

last winter started the p90x workout. liked the workout but when the golf season started it was horrible. almost gave it up. asked and almost everyone said working out had nothing to do with it. quit working out and made a few minor adjustments and somewhat saved the season. Started working out again a few weeks ago and it has started again thin weak shots some to the right. dont know if it is working out but it seems like it has something to do with it. if it was minor I could deal with it but it is horrible. I am 43 and want to stay in shape through the winter but not at the cost of my game.

In the bag.
Driver- Callaway X-Hot 10*
Woods- Callaway X2 Hot 15*
Hybrid- Callaway X-Hot 19*
Irons-Ping G20 4-GW  Wedges- Ping iwedge 56*,58*  Putter- Ping D67 IN   Ball-Callaway Tour-ix

This is exactly why I don't work out! ;-) Working out, building muscle, may be changing your spacial awareness. Just hypothesizing, but I would recommend making 20 practice swings at 20-30% speed to really build that "awareness".

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Working out should not be giving you problems. It should be helping your game. Do you golf right after working out or a couple days later? If it's shortly after it could be due to muscle fatigue. But I generally have better club control, more power and smoother tempo in my swing when I am working out.

Driver- Titleist 910 D3 9.5

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8

I ate spinach yesterday and hit the ball like crap today. I have to stop eating veggies.

Yes if your sore your swing will suck so you need to be smart about sequencing your workouts. Yes if you start swing 10mph faster than you are used to, your sequencing will suck also. Both are pretty solvable issues.

Originally Posted by mvmac

This is exactly why I don't work out!

Working out, building muscle, may be changing your spacial awareness. Just hypothesizing, but I would recommend making 20 practice swings at 20-30% speed to really build that "awareness".

Note: This thread is 4553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!