IGNORED

My Swing (Ernest Jones)

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2909 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just joking around. I'm actually one of the few guys I know who doesn't drink when golfing.

I know I live in WI and all but I actually don't drink at all. I am Scottish after all.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just gonna keep on working this stuff and hope it incrementally creeps into my full swing.

The world's most boring video, lol, hey I never told anyone they had to watch it!

• Upvote 2

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Watched the entire thing and was unequivocally entertained.  That is how you do it Stupid Monkey!  Still would be cool to see a soda helmet or something in there though.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Originally Posted by cipher

Watched the entire thing and was unequivocally entertained.  That is how you do it Stupid Monkey!  Still would be cool to see a soda helmet or something in there though.

Agreed.  Of course, I'm also looking around at the stuff on the walls and the chalkboard, etc.  But, seriously, that is good work employing Erik and Mike's 5 S's.

If you throw on a Sandtrap visor and go outside, I could very well confuse you with Mike!  (Have to add a little more twitching, though, I think) ;)

Thanks guys. Here's the fruit of my labour....

Still way too steep.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Thanks guys. Here's the fruit of my labour....

Still way too steep.

Yeah but look at where your left arm is at A4.  It is almost even with the angle of your shoulders just barely above.  If this latest video was in real time that is a big improvement.  Your left arm angle was going way above that before and steeper.

Nate

Originally Posted by cipher

Yeah but look at where your left arm is at A4.  It is almost even with the angle of your shoulders just barely above.  If this latest video was in real time that is a big improvement.  Your left arm angle was going way above that before and steeper.

Yeah, if I take myself out of stupid monkey mode and look at the video I see a lot of little things that are improved but I don't wanna think about those things.

Must......remain......st00pid......

It's kinda cool 'cuz those things are improving all by themselves.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

When I watch video of myself I feel like there is no improvement and never will be but when I do side by side comparison on Anaylzr with older swings I do see some pretty notable changes. Shaft is still too steep but it's WAY better than the last video I sent to evolvr. My club head is still outside my hands at A6 but no where near as bad which means my misses are not as far off line which is nice. Just trying to stay focused on what evolvr gives me and enjoy the bonus of all the little things that slowly clean up by themselves in the process.

Still haven't found the right feel for the transition but I think when I do I'll have a major breakthrough.

I hate putting my FO swing on here 'cuz it's ugly as sin but hey, we're all friends here right?? Might have to breakdown and buy a Pipoe.

A lot less head movement than before which I think is a by-product of slowing down my hip rotation in the backswing.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

What camera are you using EJ? GREAT progress man, I'm trying to be as stupid monkey as you, but as an engineer...it's difficult.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

What camera are you using EJ? GREAT progress man, I'm trying to be as stupid monkey as you, but as an engineer...it's difficult.

Thanks man, bit by bit it's coming along. Camera is a canon ELPH 300 HS. My only complaint is that the recording time at 120 fps and 240 fps is limited and you need a lot of light to get good video. I almost never use 240 fps because it always comes out too dark, 120 seems to be ample anyway.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I was waiting for you to pick up and make some notes on that sweet chalkboard across from you before returning to slo mo swings.  Looking good bud.

Pretty happy with that last session. Rome wasn't built in a day and things ARE changing albeit slowly. Uploaded to Evolvr this morning, don't expect anything too new from them but maybe a little help with transition thoughts, I'm pretty happy with the backswing right now.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Keep up the hard work EJ.  I am most self conscious about my FO look as well.  I always cringe at A6 in my swing.  We just need to ignore those thoughts, not worry about those things and keep on being stupid monkeys in the way of doing what we are told.  You are doing well my friend.

• Upvote 1

Nate

Just went back to page 1 and saw the first vid posted. Doesn't even look like the same person swinging the club!

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Played a great round yesterday, score was meh but I hit a lot of lasers and kept my driver in play. Shot a 95 with 3 total blowup holes from really bad decisions so it could have easily been a lot better.

Really felt like I was executing well and what I've been learning through evolvr is starting to show up on the course. Made a nice easy swing with a 7 iron that ended up going 195 or so based on the yardage markers lol, so of course i totally underclubbed my next couple of approaches ...

Miss is still a push but it shows up less often athough more so towards the end of the round, I was getting a little tired. I really need to work on playing smarter though, one of my blow-ups I hit a tee shot into the drink and decided to go for the hero shot from the drop zone = back into the drink

Big bonus: I parred my nemisis hole, a par 5 that I've always blown up till now, lots of snowmen, nines and even a effin' 10 once, previous best ever on that hole was a 6 so getting a par there really had me smiling. That was the hole where I hit a 195y 7 iron, I was sitting around 50 yards from the 200y marker and the guys ahead of me were hitting their approach so I thought,"Even if I hit the green I'll never hold it from here" so I I pulled out my 7 iron thinking I'd lay-up to around 100yrds or so...BAM...laser to about 50 yards, LW to the back rough, perfect float-loady 56* coming back that almost dropped and a tap-in for easy par. This game is easy! Next hole is a par 3 about 128, I always hit a 9 iron but I'm thinking, "shit, my 7 iron goes 190-200, I better club down to a PW or I might hit the clubhouse!" So, easy swing with a PW, 15 yards short.  LOL.

That's golf!

So, I'm a couple of bad decisions and a pushed tee shot or three away from bogey golf. I keep grinding and I might make it by the end of the season! And if not...hey at least I'm amusing to GDaddy.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Got some good stuff back from Evolvr this morning. A little bit of a set-up change that I kinda knew needed tweaking. My CG is just a little too forward and is causing issues on the downswing, left overs from my failed attempts at self teaching SnT. Also seems I did a little too good of a job with slowing down my hip rotation rates and need to get then a tad faster. Maybe more accurate picture would be to say that I need to let them start sooner, I think I have a very good sense of feel for this piece so I don't think the change will be difficult, just got to put in some reps to get it down. Last is some drilling with an alignment stick poking up out of the ground on my target line, key 5 stuff that will help in cleaning up more key 4 stuff. Awesome how that works eh?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• 2 weeks later...

3 swings

Not easy finding time to put in serious practice time on the family vacation but I managed to get a bit in. Mostly working on swing out to the right more in my never ending quest to flatten out and get the clubhead inside my hands at A6. Pretty happy with these swings considering how little work I've done recently. First one was a push which is what I'm going for, second one was a tiny bit pulled but very playable and the last one was a push. Balls are just foam so it's hard to say whether the pushes would curve back or not.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

3 swings

Look up the info on turning the hips on their inclined plane, then do that more. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2909 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!